Rumor: The battle for Tarasenko is heating up

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeyisles

Jul 29, 2021
Fine if you really want to split hairs between healthy and full-strength, then be my guest. I think it's pretty clear no one is acting like current Tarasenko has the value of prime Tarasenko. Just move along already. In your mind, you team was never even interested, so why are you even here?
because you bleed blue are playing fast and loose with the truth and you know it.

there’s a reason Doug Armstrong didn’t protect tarasenko in expansion and a reason he’s still trying his dammed best to trade him now. Yet your still blowing smoke trying to convince everyone that Tarasenko is the same player.

we both know if he was the same player, Armstrong would be doing everything he could to get him to stay….

Thats why I’m here….to defend the truth.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
What you said is 100 true except for one thing it’s not a healthy
Tarasenko it’s more accurately pre injury Tarasenko.

You, I, and no 0ne else on earth can accurately say he’ll ever be the same including Tarasenko.

We are on the same page.

Can he be healthy enough to be that PP sniper and get back to that 25+ goal neighborhood?

Thats still pretty good.

Small return with 2.5 per retained could be a nice get for someone

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
because you bleed blue are playing fast and loose with the truth and you know it.

there’s a reason Doug Armstrong didn’t protect tarasenko in expansion and a reason he’s still trying his dammed best to trade him now. Yet your still blowing smoke trying to convince everyone that Tarasenko is the same player.

we both know if he was the same player, Armstrong would be doing everything he could to get him to stay….

LOL, defend the truth. Blowing smoke trying to convince people that Tarasenko is still prime Tarasenko, no one is doing that...

hockeyisles

Jul 29, 2021
We are on the same page.

Can he be healthy enough to be that PP sniper and get back to that 25+ goal neighborhood?

Thats still pretty good.

Small return with 2.5 per retained could be a nice get for someone
yes we are.
I just don’t like that some are trying to repaint what’s actually happened

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006

Yea, because Tarasenko requested a trade. Don't try to pretend Armstrong is trying to unload him specifically because he's damaged goods.

hockeyisles

Jul 29, 2021
Yea, because Tarasenko requested a trade. Don't try to pretend Armstrong is trying to unload him specifically because he's damaged goods.
The expansion draft, that’s also why he asked to be traded.

no one leaves a player you want to keep at all costs unprotected. It sends a very clear message.

so does trading for a replacement in Buchnevich

he could have also said we have no intention of trading Tarasenko so don’t bother asking. Armstrong didn’t do that either

Tarasenko isn’t an idiot. he’s a proud professional

so he asked to be traded.

Last edited:

RckyMtnBlue

Feb 28, 2014
Unless we can upgrade our LD by trading him if his value really is low then I hope we keep him and trade him mid season if things can't be reconciled. Bottom line is 91 is a world class sniper and I fully expect him to be very motivated this and next season to prove himself. He has 2 yrs to prove doubters wrong and secure another contract. I have no clue what happens or what his value is but Army isn't going to give him a way for spare parts and retain $$$...he will keep him and tell 91 to suck it up.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
The expansion draft, that’s also why he asked to be traded.

no one leaves a player you want to keep at all costs unprotected. It sends a very clear message.

so does trading for a replacement in Buchnevich

he could have also said we have no intention of trading Tarasenko so don’t bother asking. Armstrong didn’t do that either

Tarasenko isn’t an idiot. he’s a proud professional

so he asked to be traded.

So you just don't know what you're talking about. Noted.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Don't see much value without retention.
Agreed. The thread title doesn’t make sense. Battles happen over something of value? Tarasanko doesn’t really have much value right now. Would any team trade for him, with no retention, and return a draft pick? Might happen, but I don’t think so.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
He asked to be traded right after the season ended because of a broken relationship stemming from issues with how his surgeries went, along with a few other things. It had nothing to do with the expansion draft.
It’s not the root cause but it played a factor as Tank and or his agent said that he is willing to go to any team vs. his list of teams.They expanded the teams he’d go to because he was left unprotected .

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
Rangers have the cap space this season to add Tarasenko, though it would seem to really complicate things next season when Zibanejad, Strome, Fox, & Kakko all need new contracts.

I think the Devils are the only team that realistically takes on the full contract. Yes, they would certainly like to add another top 6 winger, but I don't think Fitzgerald is going to make a move out of desperation.

That's the key. They can afford that hit now. But that would create major problems next year. Professional GMs look ahead like that. Which means Drury will probably pull off the trade tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad