OT: The Avalounge: Winner in Post Count, Loser in Other Things

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
And then when you're really ready, go get on the pond ;)

But... then you'd have to leave the house. And risk a sun burn. And then risk melanoma. Which could require surgery. And possibly anesthesia complications preventing you from waking up.

Let this be a lesson to everyone, go outside and die from an surgical anesthesia overdose.

In all seriousness, one of my gyms has the water rowers and they're awesome. They also have these low impact treadmills which is probably the only reason I've been able to slowly start running without killing myself.

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
Tweaky, if you really want a desktop replacement. Check out Sagers as well.

http://www.xoticpc.com/ has been around for a while, and what companies like these do is use Acer, Sager, ASUS, MSI etc chassis and then OEM parts from top companies for the optional parts outside of the motherboard. You will get much higher quality parts. There is a good chance you can find some possible build combinations through places like xotic that you just will not find through big box brands as well.

One of the issues with companies like Dell & HP is they are very similar to Walmart in the way they batch order things like Hard drives and other parts that are optional when building a PC through a website.

To explain that, what Walmart does is tell the company they want X number of product (usually a massive order), but they want it for X price due to the mass order. Usually this price is so low those companies have reduce the build quality of their parts in order to match the price point.

Dell is one of the worst when it comes to this IMO. Over almost 20 years I've almost never met anyone who hasn't had major issues with their dell.

On the other hand I had a Sager 19" gaming laptop that I drug through two deployments to Iraq and Afghanistan (it was a 4,000$ build), and never had a problem with it. The damn thing would take most desktop CPUs lol.

Right now I have a 13" Sager that has two 500GB SSD hard drives in RAID 0, Sound Blaster Cinema 2, Nvidia Graphics, and 16GB of ram lol. The thing is a little brick, but it's still easy to port around. It's just an example of what kind of weirdness you can put together using brands like that. My wife really didn't care about thin and light, but wanted small and powerful when we got it.

Xotic isn't really a place to build a budget machine, but you do get a lot for your money in my experience. Oh, and they don't load your PC with nearly as much bull crap that you have to remove. They have really great and personal customer service as well.

Sager looks decent. Not sure there are any retailers around here though. Xotic is great, but the shipping on a system I would build (7700HQ, 1050Ti+, 16GB, NVMe boot+, 17"...runs in the $1300-1400 range for most brands there) is almost $200 for the slowest shipping option...plus import tax.

Of course, that is nothing compared to the system I would want to build if I was made of money :)

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
But... then you'd have to leave the house. And risk a sun burn. And then risk melanoma. Which could require surgery. And possibly anesthesia complications preventing you from waking up.

Let this be a lesson to everyone, go outside and die from an surgical anesthesia overdose.

In all seriousness, one of my gyms has the water rowers and they're awesome. They also have these low impact treadmills which is probably the only reason I've been able to slowly start running without killing myself.

Yeah I've used the water rower once and it is smooth. It's weird because it's not like I've ever been on one of the traditional rowers and thought to myself "what a rough ride". It's just a total improvement on something you didn't even know could be improved.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Sager looks decent. Not sure there are any retailers around here though. Xotic is great, but the shipping on a system I would build (7700HQ, 1050Ti+, 16GB, NVMe boot+, 17"...runs in the $1300-1400 range for most brands there) is almost $200 for the slowest shipping option...plus import tax.

Of course, that is nothing compared to the system I would want to build if I was made of money :)

Ahh, damn that is crazy for shipping lol. For anyone looking to build a laptop they are worth checking out though.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Well my day went to crap in a real hurry. Probably no travel for me this weekend...:(

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Does anyone know how to make the Mac laptop's display go away when you're using multiple monitors? I close the lid and it is still an active monitor... really annoying.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
@jwk got on Twitter and RT'd a tweet from June, I'm so salty that account isn't mine.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
The responsibility is no biggie to me, and I will get a promotion out of it... the hard part of this is just seeing the continuing downward spiral this woman has had over the past 2 years. She used to be a great boss, but I think alcoholism has destroyed her life and her ability to function in a management role. I've worked with her for 7 years... been my boss the whole time. Just a hard thing to do on a personal level.

It was justified... she is getting charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and resisting arrest. She pulled a gun on a repo man, then threatened cops. Obviously way outside the conduct policy, and huge red flags for a financial person. The company was patient with her, but this is the straw that broke the camels back. I had to be the one to fire her, because I was the highest authority in the office.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
3822cd4e7a91212c308566dfccaa9401.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad