OT: The Avalounge: Winner in Post Count, Loser in Other Things

Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I broke down and bought a ps4 pro and 4k tv. now I waste all my free time streaming 4k netflix. what a time to be alive

I took advantage of the Gamestop 150 trade in on PS4s and upgraded to a Pro. Overall, most of the improvement is pretty meh, but some games went from unplayable to solid experiences. Nier being tops on that list. That game was unplayable to me on the standard PS4... way too many framedrops and stutters. On PS4 Pro, they are still there, but not nearly as bad. Too bad it is still only a 1080p game, but at least they tried to hit 60FPS. It is a phenomenal game BTW. One of my favorites of this generation. I can't wait to try out Ratchet and Clank on the Pro. It should be an excellent looking game.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
My sister, who is an astrophysics PHD nerd, just offered me an all inclusive spot in an eclipse nerd party thing at Grand Teton NP.

12 hours of driving... but I think it will probably be worth it.

LieutenantDangle

Barry McKockner
Oct 28, 2014
'Merica
I took advantage of the Gamestop 150 trade in on PS4s and upgraded to a Pro. Overall, most of the improvement is pretty meh, but some games went from unplayable to solid experiences. Nier being tops on that list. That game was unplayable to me on the standard PS4... way too many framedrops and stutters. On PS4 Pro, they are still there, but not nearly as bad. Too bad it is still only a 1080p game, but at least they tried to hit 60FPS. It is a phenomenal game BTW. One of my favorites of this generation. I can't wait to try out Ratchet and Clank on the Pro. It should be an excellent looking game.

i tracked down an unopened pro on craigslist for 300 and traded in my ps4 during Gamestop's equal cash trade in for 150. made out like a bandit i suppose. I've been fairly impressed with Uncharted 4 so far. haven't played anything else on the new console yet. I'll look into Nier soon, but first i have to play resident evil 7

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
My sister, who is an astrophysics PHD nerd, just offered me an all inclusive spot in an eclipse nerd party thing at Grand Teton NP.

12 hours of driving... but I think it will probably be worth it.

Yeah that would be totally worth it, but remember the park is going to be packed!! Plan ahead!

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Like I've heard off the cuff that Wyoming expects to double in population next week.

Yeah I've heard 250-600k are expected. RV parking in a person's driveway is upward of $300 a night in Casper. Rooms are ~500. Some houses are going for 3-4k. My dad's cabin near Laramie Peak rented out for 10k for 3 days.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Beatrice, NE is my wife's hometown, about 40 minutes south of Lincoln. It'll be in the path of totality and Bill Nye the Science Guy is set to make an appearance. We have a plan to make it down there but it's going to be a madhouse.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
We're all going to Wyoming!

woodstock-photos-1969-01.jpg

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
Yeah that would be totally worth it, but remember the park is going to be packed!! Plan ahead!

Yep.

Heading to the country outside Casper myself. All dirt/backroad driving to get there. We'll see if it works out.

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
Moving to Denver officially! :)

I need advice on anything and everything. Everyone just hurl any advice at me!

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
*checks Twitter*

I see Bricky is still mad Jeff Petry RTed me while he hasn't RT him

Moving to Denver officially! :)

I need advice on anything and everything. Everyone just hurl any advice at me!

Buy user JWK chipotle everyday

member 116861

*checks Twitter*

I see Bricky is still mad Jeff Petry RTed me while he hasn't RT him

Buy user JWK chipotle everyday

Of course it pisses me off, you used the cheap/easy way. I hustled and worked my ass off and my boy JP kept ignoring me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad