OT: The Avalounge: Winner in Post Count, Loser in Other Things

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avsblitzkrieg

May 1, 2016
Westminster
I feel bad for my boss. You couldn't pay me enough money to be a GM of an auto body shop. People are ********.

Aggravated assualt. Ouch that Carry's a pretty heavy sentence. I just got my concealed weapons permit.gotta be real careful when you carry.

GeniusSuperior

Sep 30, 2010
Hey, curious if anyone here has studied abroad at all. I'm looking to study in Japan for a year and I have some decisions to make. Basically, I am deciding between living in a dorm in Hiroshima or living with a homestay in Nishinomiya (near Osaka). I will be 26 when I go so a bit older than normal college age. Im also a picky eater. With that and my personality, I'm leaning towards the dorm option (with a bonus possibility of being able to take an engineering class if I pick up enough of the language). But a homestay that goes well would be an incredible experience that could never be replaced. Anyone have any thoughts?

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
The responsibility is no biggie to me, and I will get a promotion out of it... the hard part of this is just seeing the continuing downward spiral this woman has had over the past 2 years. She used to be a great boss, but I think alcoholism has destroyed her life and her ability to function in a management role. I've worked with her for 7 years... been my boss the whole time. Just a hard thing to do on a personal level.

It was justified... she is getting charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and resisting arrest. She pulled a gun on a repo man, then threatened cops. Obviously way outside the conduct policy, and huge red flags for a financial person. The company was patient with her, but this is the straw that broke the camels back. I had to be the one to fire her, because I was the highest authority in the office.

Sad to hear. I had a boss at an old job who appeared to have a problem with alcohol, but it took quite some time before it got outta hand and finally cost him his job. Nice guy, always treated me with respect and kindness.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I feel bad for my boss. You couldn't pay me enough money to be a GM of an auto body shop. People are ********.

Aggravated assualt. Ouch that Carry's a pretty heavy sentence. I just got my concealed weapons permit.gotta be real careful when you carry.

Hard to say until the preliminary hearing happens, but it doesn't look good.

Sad to hear. I had a boss at an old job who appeared to have a problem with alcohol, but it took quite some time before it got outta hand and finally cost him his job. Nice guy, always treated me with respect and kindness.

It is sad to see these things happen to people. I know deep down she is a good person, but a sequence of events has lead to this. You have to face the consequences of your actions. My biggest hope is that they force her into treatment for her alcoholism.

I don't mind guns at all (I own a decent number), but the idea of carrying constantly and using them as an ego boost is incredibly odd to me. Guns almost always leads to escalation and more issues.

LieutenantDangle

Barry McKockner
Oct 28, 2014
'Merica
Hard to say until the preliminary hearing happens, but it doesn't look good.

It is sad to see these things happen to people. I know deep down she is a good person, but a sequence of events has lead to this. You have to face the consequences of your actions. My biggest hope is that they force her into treatment for her alcoholism.

I don't mind guns at all (I own a decent number), but the idea of carrying constantly and using them as an ego boost is incredibly odd to me. Guns almost always leads to escalation and more issues.

i agree. ;people that use guns to alleviate their insecurities are just compounding the issue. I like guns for target practice, and filling my freezer. Theres also that small sect of people that stockpile guns and ammo for the 'revolution', like having a small armory is going to prevent the government from imposing their will on us when they decide to do a gun ban... delusional at best

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Have any of you guys spent any time in Buffalo? Will know for sure later today if I'm booking a trip or not but it looks like I may be heading to Toronto in September for a couple of nights, followed by a couple of nights in Niagra falls, and then a drive to Buffalo to see the Broncos/Bills. The game is a Sunday afternoon game. I'll be flying back Tuesday.

Basically what I'm wondering is whether we should head back to the Falls after the game and spend the next two nights in Canada (either Niagra Falls or Toronto), or should I enjoy two days in Buffalo and fly home from there? If I stay in Buffalo should I do a hotel or airBNB? Most cities you can get a beautiful high rise airbnb in metro downtown areas but Buffalo doesn't appear to have anything modern available like that which is what's making me question how modern and enjoyable Buffalo will be for us.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
like having a small armory is going to prevent the government from imposing their will on us when they decide to do a gun ban... delusional at best

Will never happen (a gun ban)

Guns don't make a whole lot of sense in cities but in rural America they sure do.

watch about 3 hours of Alaska Frontier or whatever's on the history channel and tell me how those people are going to survive without some type of fire arm

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland

Guns don't make a whole lot of sense in cities but in rural America they sure do.

watch about 3 hours of Alaska Frontier or whatever's on the history channel and tell me how those people are going to survive without some type of fire arm

Other countries have the rifles for those people. Meanwhile they don't give out handguns like it's the public library.

LieutenantDangle

Barry McKockner
Oct 28, 2014
'Merica

I don't know about that. A certain democratic nominee from a recent election said he/she wanted to emulate the gun policies of Australia. Not too hard to read those tea leaves.
I 100% agree though that guns are a necessity for some americans. Risto makes a good point though and in addition to hand guns, i dont believe assault rifles need to be so readily available either. But you can bet your ass you'd have to pry my hunting rifle from my dead hands

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Have any of you guys spent any time in Buffalo? Will know for sure later today if I'm booking a trip or not but it looks like I may be heading to Toronto in September for a couple of nights, followed by a couple of nights in Niagra falls, and then a drive to Buffalo to see the Broncos/Bills. The game is a Sunday afternoon game. I'll be flying back Tuesday.

Basically what I'm wondering is whether we should head back to the Falls after the game and spend the next two nights in Canada (either Niagra Falls or Toronto), or should I enjoy two days in Buffalo and fly home from there? If I stay in Buffalo should I do a hotel or airBNB? Most cities you can get a beautiful high rise airbnb in metro downtown areas but Buffalo doesn't appear to have anything modern available like that which is what's making me question how modern and enjoyable Buffalo will be for us.

Quoting myself here for an update lol.

So I booked the trip. Well I booked the flight to my destination. No return flight yet.

- Thursday morning: We fly into Toronto. Spend two days including Jays and Yankees Friday night.

- Saturday morning: Drive to Niagra Falls. Spend the day and night.

- Sunday morning: Drive to Buffalo. Watch the Bills and Broncos.

After this I'm stumped. We fly back Tuesday but where we fly back from is yet to be decided. I want some suggestions from anyone who's spent time in these areas. Because we're only in Niagra Falls for one day should we go back there immieditely following the game and spend the next few days there? Should we spend two full days in Buffalo? Should we drive back to Toronto right away? What about one night in buffalo and then one in one of the other two destinations?

Any suggestions would be a great help. There is a Toronto/Montreal pre-season NHL game in TO on Monday night so if we head back to Toronto we can catch that as well. I'm pretty excited. As big as a sports fan as I am and I've never seen an NFL or MLB game in person.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Oh yeah? Cool. Because I'm going to Sotkamo this week for four days and I'll go see a Finnish baseball game between Sotkamo and Vimpeli, so it's pretty much the same. These places have populations of 10 000 and 3 000 people respectively.

(Eddie can expect a snap story with a geofilter from the game.)

member 116861

Going to California, Vegas, and Portland (GOAT city) in 2 days. Hopefully the KKK doesn't come after me though.

member 116861

Oh yeah? Cool. Because I'm going to Sotkamo this week for four days and I'll go see a Finnish baseball game between Sotkamo and Vimpeli, so it's pretty much the same. These places have populations of 10 000 and 3 000 people respectively.

(Eddie can expect a snap story with a geofilter from the game.)

Finland has baseball?

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Do you have a teacher's education though, or no?

Me, I'm a year in in mine. Been contemplating student exchange in America.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad