OT: The Avalounge: Steamed Hams, despite the fact they are obviously grilled

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Huh? Granted, I didn't really watch the video so if there's something I'm completely missing then fine. However, I would say if you own a Nissan Skyline like that from 1990, it's more likely you live in a shed.
The lad mentioned that he had some mental illnesses which made him lose everything all the way back to having to move to his Mum's house. But then it gets to the point where does he truly have mental illness or is he exacerbating it to the point that he can put all his faults on something he can't control? I know a couple who used to do this all the time, none of the failures are due to them, but some outside influence which eventually caused them to fail. It wasn't a bad video though, that Skyline is actually a pretty decent ride even though it looks rubbish with a dump lorry paint colour.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Yeah but then he'd turn into one of those unbearable internet people who defend and adore everything Elon Musk does, so he'd lose his audience

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
The lad mentioned that he had some mental illnesses which made him lose everything all the way back to having to move to his Mum's house. But then it gets to the point where does he truly have mental illness or is he exacerbating it to the point that he can put all his faults on something he can't control? I know a couple who used to do this all the time, none of the failures are due to them, but some outside influence which eventually caused them to fail. It wasn't a bad video though, that Skyline is actually a pretty decent ride even though it looks rubbish with a dump lorry paint colour.
Also, you'll just have to trust me on this one, he's genuine. He's been able to make a living from streaming and commentating for at least two and a half years, and has been seeing estate agents about buying a house since about the start of last year. I'd imagine he's got a reasonable amount saved up, even if his cars regularly eat into it.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
No, you ****.
tenor.gif

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Also, you'll just have to trust me on this one, he's genuine. He's been able to make a living from streaming and commentating for at least two and a half years, and has been seeing estate agents about buying a house since about the start of last year. I'd imagine he's got a reasonable amount saved up, even if his cars regularly eat into it.
I should've added that he does genuinely seem like a good bloke, I hope he gets back on his feet. Is he actually good at Gran Turismo? In the video he mentions that his team won a sim version of Le Mans, but a team has talented blokes and rubbish blokes.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I should've added that he does genuinely seem like a good bloke, I hope he gets back on his feet. Is he actually good at Gran Turismo? In the video he mentions that his team won a sim version of Le Mans, but a team has talented blokes and rubbish blokes.
Current Gran Turismo, not really. Past GTs...

iRacing has various leagues but it has big showpiece endurance races at the same tracks as real life. They did the 24 hours of Daytona a few weeks ago. Last year's Le Mans race they were in split 3 - say you have 1000 teams entering a race and 50 cars in each race, the 50 highest rated would be in split 1, then split 2, and so on. They were pretty dominant in their class. If I remember right they qualified second and were top 2 for the whole race. At least one of Jimmy's team mates is much better than him, but I don't follow their iRacing racing closely enough to know the difference.

His stream for the final part of that Le Mans race had 12,000 viewers at points. The iRacing stream of the top split race, which had actual Formula 1 drivers in it, had less than that.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Friend: We should go to the park and get some of those hippos in Pokemon GO.

Me: It's already dark and it's snowing pretty good. What if we get stuck in the snow?

Friend: I have a 80's series Japanese import diesel Land Cruiser. Were not going to get stuck in the snow.

Me: Alright fine.

*Always Sunny music starts playing*

"The gang get stuck in the snow at the park"

Took 1 hour and the help of 4 friendly neighbors to get us out. At least I finally got my Hippowdon and a good workout I guess...

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
Has anyone tried dietary supplement mushrooms? Just got my first bottle of lion's mane and I'm curious to see the effects. I'll let ya'll know if I sprout any spores or trip balls or whatnot

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
About 10 days to 2 weeks ago, my kid's little dog got out of the yard.
He was by our shorter fence, about 4 ft high.
The neighborhood menace - a pitbull - saw him and was coming at him.
I leaned way over the fence, to where my feet were no longer touching the ground.
I got him in time.
But my ribs were seriously hurting since then.
Sharp pain when trying to get up from sitting, laying down, going up stairs, etc.
Hurt like hell to cough, yawn,take even a moderate breath, etc.
Figured I'd bruised the lower ribs, no big deal, it'll go away.
Then I had to shovel out of that snow storm a couple days ago.
Pain increased tenfold.
Now there's a popping in my ribs that I feel more than hear, when doing the activities mentioned above.
Thinking I might have dislocated a rib or two...
Is that possible?
Been taking Percocets and muscle relaxers, but they don't make much difference.
And I'm almost out of them.
What the f*** can I do to ease this f***ing pain?!?

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
About 10 days to 2 weeks ago, my kid's little dog got out of the yard.
He was by our shorter fence, about 4 ft high.
The neighborhood menace - a pitbull - saw him and was coming at him.
I leaned way over the fence, to where my feet were no longer touching the ground.
I got him in time.
But my ribs were seriously hurting since then.
Sharp pain when trying to get up from sitting, laying down, going up stairs, etc.
Hurt like hell to cough, yawn,take even a moderate breath, etc.
Figured I'd bruised the lower ribs, no big deal, it'll go away.
Then I had to shovel out of that snow storm a couple days ago.
Pain increased tenfold.
Now there's a popping in my ribs that I feel more than hear, when doing the activities mentioned above.
Thinking I might have dislocated a rib or two...
Is that possible?
Been taking Percocets and muscle relaxers, but they don't make much difference.
And I'm almost out of them.
What the **** can I do to ease this ****ing pain?!?
I once ate shit on my bicycle and landed on my side on the bike. I got the wind knocked out of me and probably bruised my ribs. Even the slightest rib cage injuries are the worst, because as you said breathing is going to hurt. I just took a break from working out and it went away soon enough. Now I couldn't tell you what to do, but injuries like that hurt like a MFer even when everything's fine. Did you jump at the fence? Doesn't seem like a lot could happen if you didn't slam in the fence. In any case, I'd stop taking percocets.
Am I the only one not worried about the Coronavirus at all? I'm not 70 years old with a suppressed immune system so.
Yeah, not really. It's not moving through here yet, and the last two coronaviruses were fine. But it's getting somewhat worrisome on a global scale. Also, honestly I'm pretty worried about what's going to be coming out of China in the future. That amount of people and their whole face mask thing just screams of developing some super virus soon.

Last edited:

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Am I the only one not worried about the Coronavirus at all? I'm not 70 years old with a suppressed immune system so.
Not even close yet. I mean .00004% of the world is infected. I think being aware is smart but I'm not even fretting.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
So I've been doing French lessons on Duolingo. I do it on the English language app, so I'm doing maybe a fourth language in my second language. I'll tell ya, luckily I have pretty good phonological skills, but the phonological opacity compared to that of Finnish is quite a lot to take in. Finnish is a very transparent orthography, so it's way different than French.

Like today I had a sentence "N'allez pas là-bas !" Now, that little sentence has about 47 graphemes in it that aren't voiced, a contraction, a suffix for the grammatical person, an accent, a weird compound word, and they mark the exclamation mark differently. So, to conclude, hey French people, if I'm going to learn all the god damn suffixes, at least say the words differently.

crue7

Jul 30, 2011
Mississauga, Ontario
Gonna start participating here. I’ve only been a game day guy on this forum.

about the complaint about rib pain, man that shit is the worst. Even a slight injury in that area is absolute hell and takes forever to heal. I was out drinking one night and planted on cement. Didn’t feel right, hurt to breathe, etc! Took about a couple months to go away.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Yeah, to add, I bruised my ribs late last year during a hockey game. Took me an entire month just to be able to get back into the gym without pain, and another two weeks before I could play again without pain.

Best of luck, @Bubba Thudd. It’s gonna be a bit before you’re back to fighting shape.

Reactions: crue7

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
It's not the bruised ribs I'm concerned about.
I dealt with those for over a week already.
Hurts, but I can tough it out.
It's the popping ribs that started after the shoveling.
That's when the pain multiplied by 10.
I'm concerned I might have damaged cartilage or a ligament or something.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
It's not the bruised ribs I'm concerned about.
I dealt with those for over a week already.
Hurts, but I can tough it out.
It's the popping ribs that started after the shoveling.
That's when the pain multiplied by 10.
I'm concerned I might have damaged cartilage or a ligament or something.
If it’s gone from bad to worse, I’d go see a doctor. The ribs are one of the things in the body I won’t play the wait-and-see game with due to what they’re protecting in my torso. Doctors can also give you something for the pain - they gave me Lidocaine patches - or set you up with an imaging center to see if your cartilage or tendons really are damaged.

Reactions: McMetal

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I think it's time to change my avi to something a little more optimistic. I picked the Meeseeks one after the nightmare season, things are looking a little better now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad