McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Of the Oscar nominees that I've seen I would rate them;

JoJo

Once upon a time in Hollywood

Joker
Ford vs Ferrari

I did really enjoy all of those movies, but JoJo and 1917 are just plain better. I probably had a better time at JoJo than 1917, but the way it was filmed I thought was just really cool. So I put it at a slight edge over JoJo. I still wanna see Parasite and the Irishman. I had planned to watch the Irishman by now, but it's hard to find 3 hours to see a movie.

Little Women and Marriage Story just don't seem like something I would enjoy, so I'm gonna skip those two.
1917 was amazing, saw it yesterday. Just a perfectly done war film, it hit every emotional note perfectly, and the cinematographer deserves two Oscars for the way it was shot.

I'm kicking myself for not seeing JoJo Rabbit in theaters, but when it hits Redbox I plan to fix that ASAP. Everyone I know says it was fantastic

Reactions: sethro109

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
JoJo was actually pretty good. I was worried it would focus more on the comedic aspects of its premise and leave the emotional themes by the wayside, but I was wrong. There was a good balance between the two in that movie.

Parasite is, hands down, the best movie I saw last year, though. It’s not even close. I really hope it wins Best Picture.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
What's the whole deal about Parasite? Is it a thriller or something different? Everyone seems to absolutely love it. (I think it's just about to come out in Finland, actually.)

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
What's the whole deal about Parasite? Is it a thriller or something different? Everyone seems to absolutely love it. (I think it's just about to come out in Finland, actually.)
It's...a bit of everything, really. Thriller, some horror elements, a family drama, a comedy. What it does really well is plant itself in each of these genres and doesn't let itself be defined by any specific one of them. It's also an incredibly well-written story - everything has a purpose, and everything ties together at the end. There are layers upon layers of depth to each of the characters and all of the themes present in the film.

Reactions: UncleRisto

Tike Myson

Jan 1, 2019
USA
I finally just saw the Russian five, I know I’m late to the tea party but damn what a documentary. I knew it was some hassle getting the russians over here in the early 90s but I had no ultimately has no idea. To think what Detroit would have looked like is Fedorov and Konstantinov just said FU and stayed in the Soviet Union

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I finally just saw the Russian five, I know I’m late to the tea party but damn what a documentary. I knew it was some hassle getting the russians over here in the early 90s but I had no ultimately has no idea. To think what Detroit would have looked like is Fedorov and Konstantinov just said FU and stayed in the Soviet Union

Sadly, I’m guessing Vladdy would be in better shape physically had he not defected.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Love that show. Haven't seen this weeks episode yet...

Not as uproariously funny as past episodes but poignant and brilliant. I wish more shows would be short and sweet and to the point like this one was.

Anyway, this isn't a spoiler, but I read that the show's creator, Michael Schur, has a little Easter egg that no one noticed. If you see those quick scenes where they're walking on the bridges between worlds, apparently in the background you can see Trevor, the demon played by Adam Scott, still hurtling through space after the judge blasted him. :laugh:

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Managed to snag MCR tickets to their 4th and final LA show. Holy ****. It'll be my first time going to The Forum
That's one of those bands that got a bad rap circa 2005, when teenage girls classified the entire pop punk/post-hardcore scene as emo (and it's as much those bands' fault for looking like assholes), but MCR has some pretty good songs.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I've had The Black Parade on a few times lately. A good album even with its Liza Minelli cameo.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I don't know what it is about MCR's music but I can't stand it. Which is weird because I like bands similar to them, but they just don't do it for me.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Well, I mean even that car is a piece of shit. The video should be titled "YouTuber who lives in terrible house owns awful car".

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Is this more of that famed Finnish humour I don't get?
Huh? Granted, I didn't really watch the video so if there's something I'm completely missing then fine. However, I would say if you own a Nissan Skyline like that from 1990, it's more likely you live in a shed.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Huh? Granted, I didn't really watch the video so if there's something I'm completely missing then fine. However, I would say if you own a Nissan Skyline like that from 1990, it's more likely you live in a shed.
The point being if you hold an opinion about something that bad then it can only be a joke.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad