OT: The Avalounge (mod warning - No Politics)

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Hi guys…

What in the actual f***!?

my-man-my-man-denzel.gif

Reactions: G2P

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
@The Merchant So I wanted to bring back on the topic of ghosting from long ago and I want you to read this...

Not gonna lie, I had to search for maybe 10 minutes before I found what you were referring to 😅 but yeah that makes sense, especially if you consider it a generational thing amongst our own. Growing up in the digital landscape we have it's become a lot easier to pick our battles as it pertains to having tough conversations. It also doesn't help that it seems as though we've generally become desensitized to a lot of things, common respect towards other's feelings being one of them. Hope she ended up explaining herself, btw

Reactions: S E P H

cinchronicity

Jan 16, 2021
Durango
Perhaps this is the wrong place, but I felt that every hockey fan should take a moment to consider Mike Bossy, who passed away on Friday. While the 70s and 80s gave us 3 dynasties in the Habs, Islanders and Oilers, and great players in Lafleur and Gretzky, there was nothing like the line of Gillies / Trottier / Bossy until 9296 came around. Gillies certainly paved the way for Landy, and one can draw a linear path from Trottier to Mac. Mikko is a different player than Bossy, but the two lines are freakishly similar in their roles. We've lost Gillies and Bossy in the past 90 days. - both way too soon if you ask me.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Eliminate all student loan debt damn it. The horribleness of predatory student loans that took advantage of a generation who were told it would be worth it by their parents who could buy a home on a single income is insanity.

Also, I believe my roommate stole my ski boots while moving out last week. We didn't get along well, but managed to survive the winter season. I finished 75% of my packing Monday/Tuesday and two pairs of ski boots were sitting by the fireplace. I came back on Sunday and one of the pairs is gone. I'm kind of baffled. Why take one pair unless you're just trying to spite me? What is her game plan? Was it an accidnet? Anyone have any advice on how to approach this situation considering she moved 7+ hours away?

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Eliminate all student loan debt damn it. The horribleness of predatory student loans that took advantage of a generation who were told it would be worth it by their parents who could buy a home on a single income is insanity.

Also, I believe my roommate stole my ski boots while moving out last week. We didn't get along well, but managed to survive the winter season. I finished 75% of my packing Monday/Tuesday and two pairs of ski boots were sitting by the fireplace. I came back on Sunday and one of the pairs is gone. I'm kind of baffled. Why take one pair unless you're just trying to spite me? What is her game plan? Was it an accidnet? Anyone have any advice on how to approach this situation considering she moved 7+ hours away?
Meh, asking someone who doesn't have a college education to pay for the college education of someone else seems like it's not really the answer either.

Reactions: Hondo

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
My gf just settled with a private student loan company to pay off a vast majority of her student loan debt...$80k wiped out for $44k after threatening to lawyer up. I don't usually post personal stuff on HF, but I'm just so f***ing happy for her 😭
That's going to hurt her credit big time.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
Meh, asking someone who doesn't have a college education to pay for the college education of someone else seems like it's not really the answer either.
lol how do you come to that conclusion?

That's going to hurt her credit big time.
What a response. But yeah that's the least of her concerns. Loan sharks harassing her and her family for years and missing payments due to predatory interest dented her credit more than anything else, so she'll survive any potential credit hit a flat payment may incur. Thanks for your concern though!

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
What a response. But yeah that's the least of her concerns. Loan sharks harassing her and her family for years and missing payments due to predatory interest dented her credit more than anything else, so she'll survive any potential credit hit a flat payment may incur. Thanks for your concern though!
Chill mate, no harm was done, just taking it in from all angles. Private stuff is iffy, that's why I took student loans from the government personally and they keep getting extended by all these Presidents lol.

Reactions: The Merchant

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
Chill mate, no harm was done, just taking it in from all angles. Private stuff is iffy, that's why I took student loans from the government personally and they keep getting extended by all these Presidents lol.
All good. Unluckily for her the scam college she went to told her private loans were the best course of action and coming from a low-income household her parents unfortunately didn't know any better and didn't bother to do the research. She was strapped with two private loans and one federal, but the amount in federal pales in comparison. Pretty crazy how an entire generation has been f***ed over by predatory student loans and yet there are still people pissing and moaning about the prospect of debt forgiveness.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I don't have children, why should I pay for schools?
Meh, we are probably broaching "political talk" but you do realize there is a difference between the US having a compulsory K-12 education program and adults electing to go to college, right? Since the US decided K-12 education was compulsory, the US has to pay for it. College is not compulsory.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad