OT: The Avalounge (mod warning - No Politics)

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
I'm not good at it and I've lost so many runes on stupid mistakes. I took a couple day off from playing.

That said, it is very beautiful, and I want to able to play it. I just can't avoid panic dodging.
I went the dumb tank route. All my points go to HP, equipment load/Stamina and strength. Then just a few in dex to wield a fail for when I'm horseback riding. So I just stand the with a big tower shield until their combo is done, or counter on their last attack. After Bloodborne, I love having the 100% physical shields back.

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
I went the dumb tank route. All my points go to HP, equipment load/Stamina and strength. Then just a few in dex to wield a fail for when I'm horseback riding. So I just stand the with a big tower shield until their combo is done, or counter on their last attack. After Bloodborne, I love having the 100% physical shields back.
Interesting. I haven’t started playing yet but I’m curious what some of the best builds are? I am unfamiliar having not played any Souls games yet

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Interesting. I haven’t started playing yet but I’m curious what some of the best builds are? I am unfamiliar having not played any Souls games yet

That's all relative to how you play... I haven't been able to spend much time in Elden Ring yet, but beginners should focus on HP and strength as much as possible. Summoning spirits looks to be a big help in this game too.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Best advice I can give: play a spellcaster if you want to play easy mode in Elden Ring. Sword & board (shield) was buffed with the counters, so that’s a viable option if you don’t feel comfortable rolling around or wearing lighter armor.

I made a dex build for my first character, but it didn’t work out. Just couldn’t find any weapons that offset the weaknesses of my build. Switched to a pure strength character so I can barbarian my way through mobs and it’s been great. If I run into any issues, I’ll respec to a spellcaster of some sort because you can destroy anything with a few magic spells in this game.

Oh, and get really used to mounted combat. It makes certain fights so much easier if you mount up for them.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Best advice I can give: play a spellcaster if you want to play easy mode in Elden Ring. Sword & board (shield) was buffed with the counters, so that’s a viable option if you don’t feel comfortable rolling around or wearing lighter armor.

I made a dex build for my first character, but it didn’t work out. Just couldn’t find any weapons that offset the weaknesses of my build. Switched to a pure strength character so I can barbarian my way through mobs and it’s been great. If I run into any issues, I’ll respec to a spellcaster of some sort because you can destroy anything with a few magic spells in this game.

Oh, and get really used to mounted combat. It makes certain fights so much easier if you mount up for them.

You can also run out of most battles if you're on your steed.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
The boards..... They're so ugly now. I hope this is temporary.

Edit: But there is a dark mode now. My eyes definitely like that.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
The boards..... They're so ugly now. I hope this is temporary.

I don't believe the layout is temporary. This is it.

With that in mind, if you guys have any issues of things not working right or whatever bugs come up, let one of us know so we can relay it to the proper people know.

Edit: if you go into your preferences, dark mode is available. So that might be easier on the eyes.

Last edited:

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
I don't believe the layout is temporary. This is it.

With that in mind, if you guys have any issues of things not working right or whatever bugs come up, let one of us know so we can relay it to the proper people know.
It's really weird. I feel like every post is gigantic now. Not the font, just the size it takes on page. I'm sure I'll get used to it, but not a fan so far. But dark more is awesome.

I should probably add that I haven't loaded it up on my PC yet. I've only been on mobile so far.

Is there any cool new features? Like can we finally add some mp4s instead of just gifs?

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
It's really weird. I feel like every post is gigantic now. Not the font, just the size it takes on page. I'm sure I'll get used to it, but not a fan so far. But dark more is awesome.

I should probably add that I haven't loaded it up on my PC yet. I've only been on mobile so far.

Is there any cool new features? Like can we finally add some mp4s instead of just gifs?

The only new features I'm aware of so far (mind you, I'm still learning it myself) are chat rooms (at the top of the boards), Dark mode, and different emoji reactions instead of just likes (like on Facebook).

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
I might like this update.

giphy.gif

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Started a mage character on Elden Ring to play with my brother. It's weird not getting in close and dodging constantly. But stormhawk makes things a bit easier.

Last edited:

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
Futurama was definitely one of my favouriter shows, but the last two or three seasons just didn't have the flare the first five or so did. Those are magical and all unique episodes.

Absolutely, but crawfish is better. Crawfish is probably the best sea creature to eat above anything.
Lobster

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I'm torn...I love me a good Lobsta Roll and there isn't much better than a good Cajun Crawfish Boil.

Both is Good.gif

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I watched Tenet and yeah I probably understood like 20% of it lol. It was a good movie from what I figured out, but I absolutely effin' cannot stand whispering dialogue and this movie was built on that rubbish.

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
Gutted to hear the news about Taylor, can't believe I won't be able to see them live at full throttle ever again.

Reactions: AvsWraith

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I'm torn...I love me a good Lobsta Roll and there isn't much better than a good Cajun Crawfish Boil.

View attachment 521461

Is there a secret to lobster rolls? I've had some from supposedly good places in Boston, and they were good, but not mind blowingly good like I expected.

Similar experiences with cheestakes in Philly, though I'm pretty sure they become like 1000 times better after drinks.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Lobster Rolls sound like something where places would skimp on the lobster and add all kinds of other fillers. I’m sure you need a lot of quality lobster in the roll to make it actually good.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $325.00