OT: The Avalounge: Mmm... Steamed Yams!

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Question to gymgoers: if my trapezius shrug work weight is considerably more than my squat, is that good, or how does it go? :sarcasm:

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

Who else is pumped? It's one show that has aged very well and I no longer have to rely on the DVDs. I can't wait to watch it again.

What a montage of hammers. That was like watching a highlight reel of the best goals of all time.

Reactions: Avs_19

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
RIP Sean Connery, he was in a lot of my favourite movies and probably was in a lot of you lots as well. Like Christopher Lee, I thought he lived a good life a lot of people don't really get to but he will still be missed. And on Halloween of all days too.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015

Who else is pumped? It's one show that has aged very well and I no longer have to rely on the DVDs. I can't wait to watch it again.

I'm not normally a fan of sketch comedy, most of it is inane and hacky, but I'm looking forward to rewatching this, he really is one of the most brilliant comic minds of all time.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Some twat here tonight disguised as a samurai (it's Halloween) went on a stabbing spree randomly killing people on the street with a sword. At least 2 dead and several victims in critical condition.

For f***s sake.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
Some twat here tonight disguised as a samurai (it's Halloween) went on a stabbing spree randomly killing people on the street with a sword. At least 2 dead and several victims in critical condition.

For f***s sake.

I'm actually surprised there hasn't been more shit like this, unfortunately. The whole pandemic situation has to be pushing a lot of people over the edge.

To the window!
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
You must be thoroughly enjoying 2020.

Well maybe not, then.
I just find it interesting how this is going to play out. Are the polls right? Or wrong again? Are there really a bunch of silent Trump supporters who don’t poll? Will we know who is the president tomorrow? What will Trump do if he loses?

Saying I like bizarre shit probably isn’t a very good way of putting it, but it’s a huge day anyway you look at it.

Last edited:

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Yeah, I'm chewing through my lip right now. So I don't go too out of bounds, I will simply say every day this week has taken years off my life and I cannot wait for it to be over. Also, it won't be over for many weeks, so I'll probably be old and gray by Christmas.

To the window!
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
Yeah, I'm chewing through my lip right now. So I don't go too out of bounds, I will simply say every day this week has taken years off my life and I cannot wait for it to be over. Also, it won't be over for many weeks, so I'll probably be old and gray by Christmas.
It seriously feels like I have been waiting 6 months for tomorrow.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Are the polls right? Or wrong again?

Polls mean nothing unless people are actually voting. One thing that I know is that the people who support one candidate are more likely to go vote during a pandemic than the people who are supporting the other.

Last edited:
Reactions: MarkT

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Polls mean nothing unless people are actually voting. One thing that I know is that the people who support one candidate are more likely to go vote during a pandemic than the people who are supporting the other.

Unless they have not left the house since the pandemic has started, they have no excuse not to go vote.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
Running against someone that nobody really hates yet, I think Biden would stand no chance. Running against Trump, who millions of people hate (often to the point of insanity), he might actually have a real chance. It should be interesting if nothing else.

Reactions: Avsboy and McMetal

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Running against someone that nobody really hates yet, I think Biden would stand no chance. Running against Trump, who millions of people hate (often to the point of insanity), he might actually have a real chance. It should be interesting if nothing else.

Biden is as uninspiring as they come. The democratic party only have itself to blame if Biden doesn't win this.

Not like they don't know that they can lose an election because of an uninspiring candidate. See: 4 years ago.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
I feel like if both parties figured out that the #1 thing you need to become President is charisma and a message people can get behind, then Trump never would have happened because a charismatic Republican candidate would have got the nomination instead of him. Seriously, Obama basically had nothing but huge charisma and a message of hope and change, and he rode that to two hugely popular terms in office. Say what you want about Trump, but the man has a form of charisma and had very clear messaging in the last election. Not so sure about this one.

MaKarter

Big Game Bo
Jun 21, 2019
Fort Collins CO
Unless they have not left the house since the pandemic has started, they have no excuse not to go vote.
I wish this were true. Voter suppression is a huge problem in many communities. I voted in Colorado weeks ago by getting my ballot in the mail and taking it to one of the several drop boxes in my community. Mine was at a library right by my house.

People in other communities will wait in line for 2-11 hours.

People in Georgia waited 11 hours to vote - CNN Video

Reactions: McMetal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: