OT: The Avalounge: Mmm... Steamed Yams!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
For president, it's all about who you want to have a beer with. But Trump doesn't drink.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I think the big issue with politics is that the leaders stand by exactly what each political party stood for 50 years ago. The world has adapted. At least where I live in Canada I can say that 95%+ of people have adapted to understand there’s a common middle ground to be found on most topics however the dummies at the top still fight for what their grandparents taught them and it leaves the two big options on a day like this to have your country ran by either Biden or Trump. Like how are they the two options?

Good luck today, but I fully expect civil war either way.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I'm pretty convinced when the boomers finally kick the bucket we'll be in a much better place. Horrible to say, but this generation has just tainted so much with greed and hypocrisy. In 1969 all these Boomers wanted drastic change but in 2o20 they want to shut down any change and never pay a dime out of their pockets into the tax base. As a generation X'er that's watched this for my entire life I'm pretty appalled by how their generation has just destroyed so much and just consumed/taken so much. They do not want to give control to anyone but themselves - in government, job markets, pretty much everything......It's not shocking to me that we have two 70 year old boomers today running for president...and that no other generation has the funds to even muster a competitive campaign against them.

/rant

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
What's especially frightening is even if he loses, it's not over. At all. The past 4 years have been a coming out party for all the degenerates of America and they're not hiding it anymore. It's been simmering for a long time and Trump was somebody cranking the oven up all the way and I don't see how you put the lid back on it.

Reactions: McMetal

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
I'm pretty convinced when the boomers finally kick the bucket we'll be in a much better place. Horrible to say, but this generation has just tainted so much with greed and hypocrisy. In 1969 all these Boomers wanted drastic change but in 2o20 they want to shut down any change and never pay a dime out of their pockets into the tax base. As a generation X'er that's watched this for my entire life I'm pretty appalled by how their generation has just destroyed so much and just consumed/taken so much. They do not want to give control to anyone but themselves - in government, job markets, pretty much everything......It's not shocking to me that we have two 70 year old boomers today running for president...and that no other generation has the funds to even muster a competitive campaign against them.

/rant

Gen Zers are worse, they rely too much on each other's opinion to grow a spine, brains and nervous system. Just hand over the keys to us lazy millennials.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Gen Zers are worse, they rely too much on each other's opinion to grow a spine, brains and nervous system. Just hand over the keys to us lazy millennials.
You skipped a generation here.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
hi avs fans i know a lot of y'all dont like me but im dating one of you now so i apologize for anything i said about y'all lol <3

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012

/rant

I completely agree with this. They've made life so damn hard on the rest of the generations following and just refuse to give up power.

Reactions: Papa Francouz

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
What's especially frightening is even if he loses, it's not over. At all. The past 4 years have been a coming out party for all the degenerates of America and they're not hiding it anymore. It's been simmering for a long time and Trump was somebody cranking the oven up all the way and I don't see how you put the lid back on it.
Dude don't get political again. Let's not go down that path like last time.

People have different views, let's leave it at that.

Emell

Oct 11, 2015
Dude don't get political again. Let's not go down that path like last time.

People have different views, let's leave it at that.
This seems like quite literally THE thread for getting political of someone wanted to, so not sure what’s got your underwear in a knot

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
Pretty sure you're confusing me for somebody else.
Sorry I didn't mean you personally, but I just remember the last time a thread on these boards got political (around BLM etc.) shit went sideways in a real hurry. That's all I'm saying.

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
This seems like quite literally THE thread for getting political of someone wanted to, so not sure what’s got your underwear in a knot
Actually, you are wrong.

There is no thread on this subforum where politics should be discussed according to the forum rules:

4) Threadjacking/OT/Politics: Posts that waste space or time on the site, annoy users due to characteristics or repetition, disrupt the site functionality, or cause threads to veer off topic may be considered “threadjacking/OT”. This also applies to signatures, user titles, avatars, profile fields, and so forth. Stay on topic as much as possible. Post new threads in the appropriate forum only. Political discussion is not permitted on the forums except within the narrowly defined scope of hockey-related matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad