OT: The Avalounge: Mmm... Steamed Yams!

Status
Not open for further replies.

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
Was gonna get a series x until halo got bounced till next year. I'll wait till the frenzy dies down and more games drop. But my RTX 3080 just shipped so I'll be playing on my PC mainly for a while :)

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I watched five minutes of it during my break and it was effin' hilarious. Two five year old kids just pretty much yelling at each other.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Wow that was entertaining and scary...

Two old men arguing over the tv remote in a retirement home.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I don't know how anyone could have watched that and thought BOTH guys were acting childish.

It's confusing to me watching the media both sides this. One guy was constantly interrupting on about 90% of the questions.

The other guy was mostly quiet 90% of the time the other was speaking, until he had to correct the record after the third or fourth time telling the same lie, including about his family.

I feel like most of the times people thought Biden was interrupting, was actually when he was trying to answer the questions directed at him, and Trump wouldn't let him talk. He tried being quiet when Trump would interrupt, hoping Chris Wallace would control him, but when Wallace failed miserably, he just kept talking because otherwise he'd never finish a sentence.

Total failure by the debate planners and the moderator. They should have anticipated Trump would act that way.

Last edited:

Mooserton

Oct 4, 2013
Colorado
Was gonna get a series x until halo got bounced till next year. I'll wait till the frenzy dies down and more games drop. But my RTX 3080 just shipped so I'll be playing on my PC mainly for a while :)
Debating whether to wait for a 3080 TI or get the 3080. The 3090 is just a workstation card marketed as a gaming card and I won't be tricked.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I think the super volcano beneath Yellowstone will erupt right before MacK reaches 100 points in the season.

I mean this is just science. We're overdue for an eruption AND it is 2020. MacK has never hit 100 points and 2020 is still here (and will live in our minds rent free forever).

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
f***ing phenomenal. Sure, I'm sure I could think of some gripes but it's very entertaining and I'm a huge Kev-O fan.
My girlfriend and I started watching it a couple weeks ago and it’s incredible. We’re like halfway through season 2 already and I’m hooked.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I've been going back and forth about getting a 2-in-1 ultrabook powerful enough to work as a digital art (drawing) platform.

There's just one consideration. Digital art isn't a hobby I have.

Mooserton

Oct 4, 2013
Colorado
To me the question is if you are trying to game in 4k. If you're not I don't know that the ti will bring you that much value
Yeah I have a 4k monitor, right now I have a 1080 TI and it has been a great card but with ray tracing becoming more common it's time for an upgrade. I think Cyberpunk is the only game I really want to play this fall so a TI in Spring wouldn't be bad. I think it's likely to launch around the same time as AMD cards.

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
Debating whether to wait for a 3080 TI or get the 3080. The 3090 is just a workstation card marketed as a gaming card and I won't be tricked.
Yeah i actually wish I wouldve just bit the bullet and got the 3090 I edit a lot of 4k+ video in Davinci Resolve and it eats VRAM might just move the 3080 and get the super or ti 20gb version that was all but announced.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
is it evga by chance ? if so you can do the step up program at the cost difference.
Nope, it’s the Asus ROG card. I don’t have the balls to bring up getting a 3000 series card with my wife after the battle it took to get her to let me build my first-ever PC in the first place, so I think I’ll be stuck with the 2080 Ti for the next 5-6 years.

At least I don’t game in 4K, I guess?

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
Nope, it’s the Asus ROG card. I don’t have the balls to bring up getting a 3000 series card with my wife after the battle it took to get her to let me build my first-ever PC in the first place, so I think I’ll be stuck with the 2080 Ti for the next 5-6 years.

At least I don’t game in 4K, I guess?
2080 ti is still a beast of a gpu!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad