OT: The Avalounge: Mmm... Steamed Yams!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
Finally hockey is back woo! Even if it's just Liiga.

It's been almsto 3 days since the NHL season ended.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Nope, it’s the Asus ROG card. I don’t have the balls to bring up getting a 3000 series card with my wife after the battle it took to get her to let me build my first-ever PC in the first place, so I think I’ll be stuck with the 2080 Ti for the next 5-6 years.

At least I don’t game in 4K, I guess?
If you're not in 4k the 3000 series isn't going to do you that much, I don't think it's worth it.

I have a 2070 super right now and when I'm on my 1080p monitor I can play an intensive game like Shadow Of The Tomb Raider with full ray tracing and everything cranked at 60+. When I hook up my 4k monitor I start having performance issues with any level of ray tracing enabled.

This is why I'm going to get a 3080 eventually.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
If you're not in 4k the 3000 series isn't going to do you that much, I don't think it's worth it.

I have a 2070 super right now and when I'm on my 1080p monitor I can play an intensive game like Shadow Of The Tomb Raider with full ray tracing and everything cranked at 60+. When I hook up my 4k monitor I start having performance issues with any level of ray tracing enabled.

This is why I'm going to get a 3080 eventually.
I'm playing in 1440p right now and probably for the foreseeable future. Until 4k monitors come down in price I don't think I'll be able to swing one any time soon.

I actually haven't tried using ray tracing in any game yet, actually. I usually don't buy games unless they're on sale on Steam, and with ray tracing being still somewhat new and not many games having it, I'm not sure if I even own any games in which I can enable ray tracing. Is it really that big of a game changer, in your opinion?

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
giphy.gif

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Tried Hellofresh for first time tonight, not bad. Might have to try this once a month or so.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Tried Hellofresh for first time tonight, not bad. Might have to try this once a month or so.
I took one of my dads Blue Aprons the other day since he was out of town and it was really good. I was pleasantly surprised.

To the window!
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
Just heard WAP last night for the first time. I guess there are women this resonates with? The girls in my Uber seemed to like it. Guess if guys can do it, might as well have girls that do it too. (talk about p***yes). My God.

Reactions: McMetal

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
Hey since we're posting music that nobody but us likes, here's my current jam:

Edit @McMetal that voice is pretty sick though.

Last edited:
Reactions: McMetal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad