OT: The Avalounge: Mmm... Steamed Yams!

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I bought these import snacks at the store in Finland today. They were called like Chee- Wait, let me go check the bag. Cheetos? Do you know about these, have you heard about them? I think they could be a real hit.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
And it gets worse when buying a single family home! Starter/first homes in my area are all 1400-1600+ sq ft and probably at least 50% of them have garage, many with 2 car garages. Now being out west instead of east coast has an influence there... but American houses are just insanely sized. And the expectation is that you 'graduate' from that starter home to a 2500-3000 sq ft house within a few years. One of my buddies is married, no kids and no plans to have a kid... he has a 3500+' sq ft house with a 3 car garage. For 2 people! It is the epitome of excess, but it isn't unusual here.

If you don't have children its ridiculous. It's a whole other story if you do lol.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Short-term, I don't think much changes.

Long-term, it is a pretty big deal. Microsoft is all in on Game Pass... and I think that is the final tipping point. Bethesda is about the biggest 3rd party publisher... you could argue EA or Take Two, but they are right up there. Adding Bethesda to Game Pass, just makes that even more appealing and is a large blow to Sony over 18+ months out. Microsoft already got EA to jump in Game Pass, now Bethesda and all of Microsoft's first party offerings... that is a hell of a moat they are building.

But, but.. I don't like Xbox's bulky ass controller

Reactions: McMetal

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I hate the PS controllers. They're so small and I hate having the analog sticks at the same height. Plus the Xbox controller just fits the hand so much better.

Your new nick name is Meat clubs, lol. I figured there were other people who had a preference just based on the controllers.

I've been using the PS controller for so long that I'm like a fish out of water using the Xbox now.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Your new nick name is Meat clubs, lol. I figured there were other people who had a preference just based on the controllers.

I've been using the PS controller for so long that I'm like a fish out of water using the Xbox now.
:laugh: In saying all this I’m probably getting a PS5. Or I’m leaning that way unless the Game pass blows me away, which is very possible. So I may be getting used to one very soon.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
:laugh: In saying all this I’m probably getting a PS5. Or I’m leaning that way unless the Game pass blows me away, which is very possible. So I may be getting used to one very soon.

If you go the PS5 route tag me. Because this Game pass stuff is making me actually consider the Xbox. :( I don't follow gaming news at all.

May just have to buy both eventually.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
If you go the PS5 route tag me. Because this Game pass stuff is making me actually consider the Xbox. :( I don't follow gaming news at all.

May just have to buy both eventually.
I may also go both as well. The Xbox deal is crazy good. You pay it off over two years at $30 a month and get 2 years of game pass for free. So if PS5’s are hard to get at launch I may start with the xbox.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
I bought these import snacks at the store in Finland today. They were called like Chee- Wait, let me go check the bag. Cheetos? Do you know about these, have you heard about them? I think they could be a real hit.

upload_2020-9-26_13-27-47.jpeg

Have you had these? They’re are so good. I became hooked on these when I was in Sweden.

Reactions: UncleRisto

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Cheetos are amazing, second best chip to Ms. Vickies. The only problem is the mess.

Definitely getting an Xbox Series X now, assuming I have the money for it and Game Pass. Games like Doom, Wolfenstein, Fallout and Elder Scrolls being exclusive, on top of the fact that the PS5 looks like a giant frigidaire...no question for me.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I may also go both as well. The Xbox deal is crazy good. You pay it off over two years at $30 a month and get 2 years of game pass for free. So if PS5’s are hard to get at launch I may start with the xbox.

Depends on how good my job is at that point lol. I'm past the second interview, got a tour, and gave references. So.. :crossfing no more Covid transports for me.

Reactions: The Abusement Park

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
In other news the virus is back in force here...2nd wave is hitting, people don't seem to give a f*** anymore and we're close to getting quarantined again.

It's going to be a pretty shitty Fall. :(

Last edited:

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
In other news the virus in back in force here...2nd wave is hitting, people don't seem to give a f*** anymore and we're close to getting quarantined again.

It's going to be a pretty shitty Fall. :(

Most people out here on the east coast seem to still be pretty vigilant. The ones who aren't seem to all be the university students coming in from outside the bubble. I just hope it holds up and we can still have a relatively normal next few months.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I didn't watch it but Americans in my Twitter feed didn't appreciate the presidential debate it seems.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

Even fellow Canadian Friedman had something to say

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
My new favorite word applies to what happened on TV tonight. The word is "f***tangular".

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
I legitimately had a headache after the debate. My wife sat on the couch in disbelief for a solid 5 minutes after it ended. I went to the store and got some Advil. It was bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad