OT: The Avalounge: It's My Thread You Just Post In It

Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I really have to stop ordering hops... I only make 5 gallon batches and only about ~40 batches a year. So roughly ~200 gallons a year. As of my last order I have 32 pounds of 2016 hops to with the ~10 or leftover 2015 hops. Good thing I like to make NE style IPAs. :laugh:

Last edited:

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Anyone here watch How to Get Away with Murder?
I've watched a little.

Two things:
First: I realize that shows are fake, but the producers have literally no understanding of the way that the law or law school works.

Second: The nonstop flash forwards are super annoying, but the story is somewhat entertaining. Some people might really like it, it's just okay to me.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I've watched a little.

Two things:
First: I realize that shows are fake, but the producers have literally no understanding of the way that the law or law school works.

Second: The nonstop flash forwards are super annoying, but the story is somewhat entertaining. Some people might really like it, it's just okay to me.

Yeah, I'm more interested in the stories than the actual law work. The show runners aren't convincing anyone of the law work on screen that they show as being legit.

I'm not usually into shows like this, though. I'd prefer to watch endless re-runs of Entourage, but eventually I have to start something new.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Yeah, I'm more interested in the stories than the actual law work. The show runners aren't convincing anyone of the law work on screen that they show as being legit.

I'm not usually into shows like this, though. I'd prefer to watch endless re-runs of Entourage, but eventually I have to start something new.
Yea, aware that the actual legal work is secondary to the show, it's just incredibly annoying that whoever produced it has apparently never been to or known anyone in law school.

It's a show that kind of forces you to watch the entire season. Some of the drama is good, although it tends to get unnecessarily complex. It tries to borrow pretty heavily from the Breaking Bad sort of storytelling style.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Nadal vs Federer this Sunday, if only it wasn't 3:30 in the morning. Probably the last time to see those two go at it in a final.

I'm seriously excited for this. I don't watch tennis anymore but I grew up watching Nadal and Federer play. Was a big fan of Federer and want him to win this one.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Finally got around to watching Deadpool. I despise all superhero movies. Most are so... watered down and boring. But this was great.

Also, I might break my no movies in theaters rule for Logan (and all Star Wars movies). Looks so good. That trailer with Hurt is so damn good. One of the best trailers I've seen.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I'm seriously excited for this. I don't watch tennis anymore but I grew up watching Nadal and Federer play. Was a big fan of Federer and want him to win this one.

Same, amazing that he's playing for yet another championship at his age, Nadal too but lesser so. When I first started watching tennis I was a Nadal fan and was kind of anti-Federer, just refusing to like the #1 like everyone else ya know. But that changed quick, just his style of play and being a complete gentleman off the court won me over.

Both are classy guys and can't really see a loser in this no matter who wins, but I'd be lying if I wasn't pulling hard for Feds. Plus we share the same birthday.

It actually kills me that I won't be able to watch the game.. No way I'll be able to stay up that late, and no way the results don't get spoiled if I were to wait until the next night.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Same, amazing that he's playing for yet another championship at his age, Nadal too but lesser so. When I first started watching tennis I was a Nadal fan and was kind of anti-Federer, just refusing to like the #1 like everyone else ya know. But that changed quick, just his style of play and being a complete gentleman off the court won me over.

Both are classy guys and can't really see a loser in this no matter who wins, but I'd be lying if I wasn't pulling hard for Feds. Plus we share the same birthday.

It actually kills me that I won't be able to watch the game.. No way I'll be able to stay up that late, and no way the results don't get spoiled if I were to wait until the next night.

It's a shame Rafa's body is just falling apart in him. He is/was so much fun to watch on his game.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I think it's more impressive that Nadal is playing for a championship than it is Federer given Nadal's body is almost completely destroyed

I agree. Federer's body has held up incredibly well for how much tennis he's played throughout his career. Djoker looks to be closer to Federer in how his body is holding up, which would be nice if he can still keep going for a little bit.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I bought waffles today. Here's footage.

stranger-things-eggos.gif

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

I think we had this debate before, but Nadal is nothing more than a athletic beast for me. Depending on any sport, I dislike players who all they have to go to the gym and they're good at any sport no matter what. For me, I appreciate technique skills at a particular sport than athleticism, so Datsyuk over Lindrois for example.

That isn't to say that Nadal doesn't have technical skill, he has a great deal of it to be ranked in top 5 for his prime, but to say he's better than Murray (who I dislike), Djokovic, Wawrinka, or Nishikori something I don't buy from anyone.

As for my favourite player, Wawrinka, he has ran into some problems lately. Lost in the Round of 32 in Paris. Lost in the group stage in ATP (granted it was against Murray). Lost to Nishikori in the semi-finals in Brisbane. Lost to freakin' Federer in the semi-finals at the Australia Open. So he's not having a good run, but in the mean time I've been watching a lot of Nishikori and Kyrgios since both are quite entertaining (especially Kyrgios :laugh:).

Haven't watched a lot of Raonic, but heard good things about him. He's probably a big star in Canada.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I think we had this debate before, but Nadal is nothing more than a athletic beast for me. Depending on any sport, I dislike players who all they have to go to the gym and they're good at any sport no matter what. For me, I appreciate technique skills at a particular sport than athleticism, so Datsyuk over Lindrois for example.

That isn't to say that Nadal doesn't have technical skill, he has a great deal of it to be ranked in top 5 for his prime, but to say he's better than Murray (who I dislike), Djokovic, Wawrinka, or Nishikori something I don't buy from anyone.

As for my favourite player, Wawrinka, he has ran into some problems lately. Lost in the Round of 32 in Paris. Lost in the group stage in ATP (granted it was against Murray). Lost to Nishikori in the semi-finals in Brisbane. Lost to freakin' Federer in the semi-finals at the Australia Open. So he's not having a good run, but in the mean time I've been watching a lot of Nishikori and Kyrgios since both are quite entertaining (especially Kyrgios :laugh:).

Haven't watched a lot of Raonic, but heard good things about him. He's probably a big star in Canada.

Krygios is something else haha, a bit of a nutcase in all reality. Raonic is really good player, but someone who I find pretty easy to beat, especially if you get him off his game. Very one dimensional, but good at the demension.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI

You sure? I've only been positing since this November. :laugh: Also because I agree, I like technique more than pure athletic ability. Federer was just impossible to read in his prime, and would come up with ridiculous shots that 99% of people wouldn't even think of trying during an actual game. I still really like Nadal though, the way he played during his prime it was bound to catch up to his body sooner rather than later.

Raonic is good yeah, don't really like the guy though. Too bad that Bouchard hasn't really done much at all the past few years.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland

Well this was somewhat amusing but I hadn't realized Benn and Barrie are former teammates. "I was in Colorado with Tyson and I went out for dinner with him..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad