OT: The Avalounge: It's My Thread You Just Post In It

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Everyone loves Raymond is my uncle and grandparents dynamic to a tee, including living right next door to him and driving him insane :laugh: it's all I can think of when I watch the show and just makes it that much funnier.

I usually don't find comedies that funny either, I have a hard sense of humour. But that and Arrested Development leave me in stitches.

AD is in a tie for favorite series with P&R and The Office. I love Arrested Development simply for the layers and layers of jokes. Sometimes they are so subtle and simple, but they make the show.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Might sign my first lease next week. Time to get out and grow up!

Even if your landlord doesn't require it, consider renters insurance, especially if you live somewhere sketchy. Your landlords property insurance won't cover anything you own, so if the building floods or burns down, you would be out everything that you own.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
AD is in a tie for favorite series with P&R and The Office. I love Arrested Development simply for the layers and layers of jokes. Sometimes they are so subtle and simple, but they make the show.

Yup, AD is my bread and butter for a comedy.

Never seen Parks and Rec OR The Office though....

The Shermanator

HFBoards Legend
Jul 2, 2011
Ontario
Even if your landlord doesn't require it, consider renters insurance, especially if you live somewhere sketchy. Your landlords property insurance won't cover anything you own, so if the building floods or burns down, you would be out everything that you own.

Yeah it's mandatory in a lot of places.

member 116861

Everybody Loves Raymond was my favourite comedy until I started watching The Office, Parks and Rec, and Community. Nothing can compare to those last three other than themselves (obviously).

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Michael Scott The Office - Legendary

The Office w/o Michael Scott - don't even bother

Over my university years, I had the Office in the background anytime I worked. Must have seen seasons 1 through 7 50 times on repeat. Still haven't seen seasons 8 and 9 more than once aside from AARM and the finale episodes.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
LOL Dat neck...

06afa30aa5d666780b0c4eb25c968053

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
So I have been working on a project for work within our ERP system going on 4 months now... no matter what I did, I seemingly could never get two accounts to balance (these things eat at accountants). Last night, after hundreds of hours of work... months of frustration and cursing... sleepless nights... hours on the phone with customer support... etc. I found one little check box hidden in a configuration menu and everything works flawlessly. You'd think I'd be upset for that one thing causing me so much grief. Nope! Happiest man in the world today! Feels like 100 tons of weight has been lifted of my shoulders. How I feel:

animal-trampoline-6.gif

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
I find those hidden ticks on our network often enough. Amazing how much one tiny checkmark (out of hundreds or thousands) can do...

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
So I have been working on a project for work within our ERP system going on 4 months now... no matter what I did, I seemingly could never get two accounts to balance (these things eat at accountants). Last night, after hundreds of hours of work... months of frustration and cursing... sleepless nights... hours on the phone with customer support... etc. I found one little check box hidden in a configuration menu and everything works flawlessly. You'd think I'd be upset for that one thing causing me so much grief. Nope! Happiest man in the world today! Feels like 100 tons of weight has been lifted of my shoulders. How I feel:

animal-trampoline-6.gif

AND...it's Friday!

giphy.gif

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I find those hidden ticks on our network often enough. Amazing how much one tiny checkmark (out of hundreds or thousands) can do...

That stuff drives me crazy about these systems. One box can just change who the whole thing works. Even our consultant didn't know about this (which probably says more about the consultant than anybody else).

We got a new one a couple days ago.
Looks like a cockadoo (cocker spaniel & poodle mix).
Awesome little guy.
Taking him to the vet after work today to get a checkup.
(he's even hypoallergenic, which is HUGE for me...)

Congrats! There are not many feelings better than getting a new dog. :nod:

I knew poodles were hypoallergenic, but the mixes are as well?

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
I read up on the poodle/cocker spaniel mixes. Apparently, that was one of the reason they blended those two breeds (the hypoallergenics).

Who knew?

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
We got a new one a couple days ago.
Looks like a cockadoo (cocker spaniel & poodle mix).
Awesome little guy.
Taking him to the vet after work today to get a checkup.
(he's even hypoallergenic, which is HUGE for me...)

Be honest, did you choose that mix just because they're called cockapoos? :sarcasm:

My grandma used to have a poodle. (And yeah the hypoallergenic thing had to do with that too.) He was super friendly and we were #1 buddies when I was little.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I read up on the poodle/cocker spaniel mixes. Apparently, that was one of the reason they blended those two breeds (the hypoallergenics).

Who knew?

Learn something new everyday... I'm fairly lucky that I'm not allergic to any dogs. Cats on the other hand pretty much kill me if I forget my allergy pill.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Learn something new everyday... I'm fairly lucky that I'm not allergic to any dogs. Cats on the other hand pretty much kill me if I forget my allergy pill.

Same here. That's one of the reasons I hate cats so much. Don't know why I'm allergic to them and not dogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad