OT: The Avalounge: It's My Thread You Just Post In It

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
I dried some of that cilantro that tasted like dish soap.
Dried, it tasted just fine, like any other grassy herb.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
are there any ski areas that aren't crazy overpriced near Denver?

I wanted to take my lady up to the mtns for valentines but wow - Any place wants like $300+ a night.

Near Denver I guess Copper maybe?

Like 18007 said, if you're willing to put in the milage and time Crested Butte is an amazing town and mountain. They are in the middle of a once in a decade season and it doesn't look like it is really letting up.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

Like 18007 said, if you're willing to put in the milage and time Crested Butte is an amazing town and mountain. They are in the middle of a once in a decade season and it doesn't look like it is really letting up.

I'd agree with Copper, while not an actual town per say, they still have some decent condos and hotels and stuff there and good food as well. Plus if you're planning on skiing they don't cost as much as most big ski areas as well.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Frenchy isn't showing up as a mod on the Avs section anymore. No idea what happened though.

member 116861

Who is Bear of Bad News? and why can't I view their profile?

member 116861

Also how does one become a mod? Been wondering for a few years now.

Need that 150x150 avatar

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
What happened to Frenchy?

This is also something I am wondering about. Shermy said something about him right?

Frenchy isn't showing up as a mod on the Avs section anymore. No idea what happened though.

Just saw his title changed on one of his previous posts to "Mod Supervisor"...

He was always a Mod Supervisor wasn't he?

Nothing really "happened" to Frenchy, he's just been promoted on up (basically). He added the Leafs to his stable of teams that he's a Mod Supervisor for, and we have Bear of Bad News back (previously known as Dr. No and Trebek).

Frenchy is still around, and I suspect we'll see him pop up every once and a while.

To the window!
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
Hmm...how to describe it...

I did see it and I'm not much of a musical person myself, but I thoroughly enjoyed it (and I feel it's going to get backlash from people just because it got as many Oscar nominations as it did...)

There's elements of a musical in it, yes, but I didn't perceive it like I did other, more "traditional musicals". That being said, the movie starts out with a big musical number, so don't let that throw you.

I'd highly recommend going to see it, I thought it was a really terrific movie, and I am eagerly anticipating owning it on 4K Blu Ray.

Yeah, I ended up loving it actually. Great acting, singing, cinema photography, storyline. I even love jazz so it had that going for me.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Nothing really "happened" to Frenchy, he's just been promoted on up (basically). He added the Leafs to his stable of teams that he's a Mod Supervisor for, and we have Bear of Bad News back (previously known as Dr. No and Trebek).

Frenchy is still around, and I suspect we'll see him pop up every once and a while.

Cool beans.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I hate procrastination, but I'm so guilty of it. Started my online Political Sciences course November 1st which consisted of 3 essays: A research essay proposal, midterm essay, and research essay, culminating with a final exam on January 25th.

I didn't start any of the essays until January 20th... Finished the first one Friday night, finished the second one Sunday at 4:00am, and finishing the third one now while probably pulling an all-nighter to study for the morning exam.

I need help lol

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Nothing really "happened" to Frenchy, he's just been promoted on up (basically). He added the Leafs to his stable of teams that he's a Mod Supervisor for,

****, I wouldn't have brought it up if I'd known it was this serious.

My condolences.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002

Copper lodging is expensive. I ski there often, and when I do multi-day trips, I bunk in Frisco.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
thanks for the Copper suggestion - may try that. I have some discounted tix there from work. Just need to figure out lodging :)

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
So for the past two weeks I've been binge-watching Parks and Rec.

Man I love the show and because I like comparing, elements of this show definitely beat The Office. Leslie Knope doesn't come close to Michael Scott and Ann Perkins is probably the most useless character in comedy history, but the secondary characters are legit. Ron, April, Chris Pratt, Tom, Paul Rudd, and Jerry are pure genius. Surprised that Marvel found two superhero actors from this show, tells how good their recruitment was.

Season 4 was amazing, 720 Entertainment made me laugh my ass off. I could literally go on about how amazing this show is, but it's worth checking out for the people who haven't seen it.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
So for the past two weeks I've been binge-watching Parks and Rec.

Man I love the show and because I like comparing, elements of this show definitely beat The Office. Leslie Knope doesn't come close to Michael Scott and Ann Perkins is probably the most useless character in comedy history, but the secondary characters are legit. Ron, April, Chris Pratt, Tom, Paul Rudd, and Jerry are pure genius. Surprised that Marvel found two superhero actors from this show, tells how good their recruitment was.

Season 4 was amazing, 720 Entertainment made me laugh my ass off. I could literally go on about how amazing this show is, but it's worth checking out for the people who haven't seen it.

Ok, Chris Pratt is one, but who's the other?

And yeah, Parks & Rec is legit. In the first season I think they tried a little too hard to make Leslie a "female Michael Scott". Luckily, Michael Schur (the showrunner) got it all spot-on starting in season 2 and going forward. Leslie isn't supposed to be Michael Scott, and Ann...well, I never minded her, but it is clear her primary function is that of "Leslie's best friend".

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Paul Rudd. [spoil]Sweetum's son who run's against Leslie.[/spoil]

Rudd did Antman, although he wasn't really on PnR for a huge stretch.

I figured he was referring to Rudd, but I wouldn't say Marvel found Rudd from Parks & Rec...he was already doing movies well before he came on for his extended stay.

He had a great cameo in "Forgetting Sarah Marshall", followed it up with another good turn with Segel in "I Love You, Man". Not to mention the other Apatow movies he was in ("Knocked Up" and "This Is 40").

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad