OT: The Avalounge: It's My Thread You Just Post In It

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I figured he was referring to Rudd, but I wouldn't say Marvel found Rudd from Parks & Rec...he was already doing movies well before he came on for his extended stay.

He had a great cameo in "Forgetting Sarah Marshall", followed it up with another good turn with Segel in "I Love You, Man". Not to mention the other Apatow movies he was in ("Knocked Up" and "This Is 40").

And Friends.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
So for the past two weeks I've been binge-watching Parks and Rec.

Man I love the show and because I like comparing, elements of this show definitely beat The Office. Leslie Knope doesn't come close to Michael Scott and Ann Perkins is probably the most useless character in comedy history, but the secondary characters are legit. Ron, April, Chris Pratt, Tom, Paul Rudd, and Jerry are pure genius. Surprised that Marvel found two superhero actors from this show, tells how good their recruitment was.

Season 4 was amazing, 720 Entertainment made me laugh my ass off. I could literally go on about how amazing this show is, but it's worth checking out for the people who haven't seen it.

vkrz5.gif

I have been re-watching The Wire. Saw it the first time ~half a year ago and already have to do another round. This time watching with my gf tho. Halfway thru the S2. Such a great show where everything bonds together. Shows perfectly the flaws of the system.

I asked her after S1 was past the halfway that how does she like the show. She said (maybe unnecessary spoiler tags but I don't want to give anything away) [spoil]"Well, I enjoy that they are listening to those guys. I like to listen peoples calls too."[/spoil]

Not sure if I'm living with a crazy person.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Parks and Rec is awesome. I've been re-watching it myself recently. Season 2 on is my jam.
Also Maron is actually really good. It's on Netflix about a comic and is similar to Louie.

I really want to watch the Crown too. But have been too lazy to start it. Anyone here watch it?

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
vkrz5.gif

I have been re-watching The Wire. Saw it the first time ~half a year ago and already have to do another round. This time watching with my gf tho. Halfway thru the S2. Such a great show where everything bonds together. Shows perfectly the flaws of the system.

I asked her after S1 was past the halfway that how does she like the show. She said (maybe unnecessary spoiler tags but I don't want to give anything away) [spoil]"Well, I enjoy that they are listening to those guys. I like to listen peoples calls too."[/spoil]

Not sure if I'm living with a crazy person.
From now on you should communicate with her exclusively through screencaps.

tumblr_m99tgiCBMF1qfeqsqo1_500.jpg

member 116861

So I was watching Everybody Loves Raymond last night and they put the chocolate syrup before the milk. Please tell me that this is wrong and that no one else does this.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Back to the future!

I watched Bad Santa over Christmas this year but quickly realized I had already seen it

Now please tell me you had already seen Back to the Future?

Believe it or not, BOTH of the Student Assistants at my campus have not seen it...and either it's my age, or they're just not movie people, but I find that perplexing.

Fun fact: at my old job, on Friday's both myself and our Financial Aid Director would leave at 6pm by saying "Well, looks like it's time to Biff it." ("Make like a tree, and get out of here")

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Last night was my first time seeing it. It was made 7 years before I was born lol.

I often forget it was released in 1985...at least you rectified the mistake that, up until last night, had been haunting you your entire life (even if you didn't know it).

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
So I was watching Everybody Loves Raymond last night and they put the chocolate syrup before the milk. Please tell me that this is wrong and that no one else does this.

Is it that weird?? I never thought there was a wrong way to make chocolate milk... now if you put milk in before cereal then we really have some problems.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006

So wrong.

As for Everybody Loves Raymond, that show is amazing. It's one of those shows that was obviously popular when I was a kid but I didn't like it. My parents would watch it and I'd be like "ugh that show is on again". Now I've rewatched a bunch of episodes as an adult and I find it truly hilarious. I guess I can relate to their issues more now.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
So wrong.

As for Everybody Loves Raymond, that show is amazing. It's one of those shows that was obviously popular when I was a kid but I didn't like it. My parents would watch it and I'd be like "ugh that show is on again". Now I've rewatched a bunch of episodes as an adult and I find it truly hilarious. I guess I can relate to their issues more now.

The main writer for that show, Phil Rosenthal, also did a food travel show that is on Netflix called "I'll Have What Phil's Having"....highly recommend it. It was only one season long (originally on PBS) but it sounds like he's got a Netflix deal to continue with something similar.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
So wrong.

Everyone loves Raymond is my uncle and grandparents dynamic to a tee, including living right next door to him and driving him insane :laugh: it's all I can think of when I watch the show and just makes it that much funnier.

I usually don't find comedies that funny either, I have a hard sense of humour. But that and Arrested Development leave me in stitches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad