OT: The Avalounge: Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes (Turn and Face the Strange)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
There was an HFBoards in the early 90s. People who joined when it relaunched in February 2002 will go on endlessly about how they were members before then. You can see the first joiners on the members list here: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/memberlist.php?order=ASC&sort=joindate&pp=30
Congrats man

360c9e80f8898586480479a4c5d0a071.png

Go Rangers

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Anyone have any good ideas on how I can disconnect from cable. Sling etc. And their expiences I'd greatly appreciate it

What do you watch the most now. What can you live without. For me, sharing netflix, MLB.TV and NHL.TV along with an HD antenna cover everything I want.

Edit* Also depends on how much you are paying for cable and if it's packaged with internet. Some packages might make it cheaper to stay rather than piecemeal it.

Last edited:

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Always got hyped up for final fantasy but it never delivered.

Final fantasy tactics was by far the best thing that franchise ever produced

There are some really cool aspects of FFXIV, but it's still underwhelming compared to WoW. I think a lot of that comes from the fact that FFXIV is an instanced MMO, so the flow of gameplay and exploration is broken up by loading screens a lot of the time. The story is really good, though.

I was always big on PVP in WoW, and it's only now starting to become somewhat decent in FFXIV. So if you're into PVP, FFXIV probably isn't the answer. The game is mainly focused on story quests, dungeons, and raids. And if you you're into crafting, the crafting systems are apparently pretty substantial. I've never crafted in the game, though, so I wouldn't know, haha.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
There are some really cool aspects of FFXIV, but it's still underwhelming compared to WoW. I think a lot of that comes from the fact that FFXIV is an instanced MMO, so the flow of gameplay and exploration is broken up by loading screens a lot of the time. The story is really good, though.

I was always big on PVP in WoW, and it's only now starting to become somewhat decent in FFXIV. So if you're into PVP, FFXIV probably isn't the answer. The game is mainly focused on story quests, dungeons, and raids. And if you you're into crafting, the crafting systems are apparently pretty substantial. I've never crafted in the game, though, so I wouldn't know, haha.

Thanks for that summary. I've never been a PVP guy but I can understand why people love it. I really liked the capture the flag thing in WOW. That was awesome.

Is this final fantasy game on PC or do I have to buy a console? I'm playing in a few football sim leagues but looking for something else to fill the time.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I can't do MMOs anymore. I was heavy into WoW for years, playing 40+ hours a week in addition to my full time job. One day I got burned out and quit, and haven't looked back even though my friends have tried to get me to go back, and some other people have tried to get me to play FF14, but I just can't bring myself to start again knowing what it does to me.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Just realized I have the same birthday as Chris Drury, cool.

Happy birthday ! :handclap:

A+ thread title.

I can't do MMOs anymore. I was heavy into WoW for years, playing 40+ hours a week in addition to my full time job. One day I got burned out and quit, and haven't looked back even though my friends have tried to get me to go back, and some other people have tried to get me to play FF14, but I just can't bring myself to start again knowing what it does to me.

When I was home recently I found out that all my friends who played back in the day are playing WoW again. I couldn't believe it. They wanted me to get back into it and were surprised when I told them I wasn't interested.

Last edited:

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I played RuneScape for a little while when I was around 10 :)laugh:) but I will never understand adult humans playing WoW.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
When I was home recently I found out that all my friends who played back in the day are playing WoW again. I couldn't believe it. They wanted me to get back into it and were surprised when I told them I wasn't interested.

I guess there are some cool new features that have people excited. Most of my old buddies have been drawn back into the new expansion. They've given up trying to get me back though. Just the learning curve of having to relearn all the specs for tanking, not to mention all the gear... I just can't do that to myself anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad