OT: The Avalounge: Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes (Turn and Face the Strange)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Red or black? Because black is disgusting, red is pretty good.

You have that all backwards. Red licorice isn't even licorice and it tastes terrible. Leave it to the Nordics to make proper licorice, of course.

Licorice root is anti-inflammatory and used widely in herbal infusions and such and it's awesome.

Also worth noting in that map that quinoa is quite possibly the most neutral thing edible, so how the hell do you hate a grain? Also, how can an entire population collectively hate chili peppers the most? Chili peppers.

Tennessee hates foraged foods...? wtf lol

I know right? Free and healthy food? Eww, no thanks.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Hey, I didn't know Emilia Clarke was going to be in the Han Solo movie. Doesn't that seem like a terrific fit? I think she fits the new Star Wars female lead mold really well.

(I'm pretty sure that "mold" is British & Brunette, BTW.)

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
2.75 miles today. I am a broken man, but I also made it further than just about any other time in my life besides probably when I played soccer through highschool.

When my pup comes in this is going to get more serious I feel like.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Im with California...

3401898489.gif

giphy.gif

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I'm just not a big fan of chicken... especially their version of fried chicken. Hot chicken is pretty much the only fried chicken I like that I can buy somewhere, and that is fairly rare (and KFCs version blows hard).

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I'm just not a big fan of chicken... especially their version of fried chicken. Hot chicken is pretty much the only fried chicken I like that I can buy somewhere, and that is fairly rare (and KFCs version blows hard).

Come have some Mary Browns!!

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO

Nahh, I get it. It's not for everyone. At least you're helping to keep the lines down so I can get my chicken faster, haha.

You ever have Raising Cane's? They're probably my new favorite fast food/fast casual chicken place now. There are two that just opened up that are equidistant from where I live, but they're both ridiculously busy.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Come have some Mary Browns!!

For all of my time in Canada, I have never stopped in a Mary Brown's. I've driven by thousands of times though. :nod:

Nahh, I get it. It's not for everyone. At least you're helping to keep the lines down so I can get my chicken faster, haha.

You ever have Raising Cane's? They're probably my new favorite fast food/fast casual chicken place now. There are two that just opened up that are equidistant from where I live, but they're both ridiculously busy.

I've had Cane's... I just think chicken isn't my thing. I know the Fort Collins Cane's is always busy when I'm driving by. I know people who drive down from Wyoming just to have Cane's :help:

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
For all of my time in Canada, I have never stopped in a Mary Brown's. I've driven by thousands of times though. :nod:

I actually had no idea they had expanded out of Newfoundland until about 2 years ago :laugh: . Apparently there's one in Florida now.

Mary Brown's Tater Poutine is the greatest thing on the planet. You can now add "Chicken Poppins" to them which is basically little popcorn chicken pieces. It's heaven.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I actually had no idea they had expanded out of Newfoundland until about 2 years ago :laugh: . Apparently there's one in Florida now.

Mary Brown's Tater Poutine is the greatest thing on the planet. You can now add "Chicken Poppins" to them which is basically little popcorn chicken pieces. It's heaven.

uu9pmDP.gif

I've seen them all over Alberta, but Quebec is holding strong without (no surprise there).

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Well this gon' be crap.

Most likely, yes.

All I can hope for is that WB follows through on their (apparent) intention of replacing Jared Leto...you know, so that we don't get yet *another* terrible Joker.

[EDIT]

Oh crap, I got this story confused with the one about Todd Phillips (Writer/Director of Old School and The Hangover movies) doing a "Joker origin story" that had said WB would be looking to get a different actor to play The Joker. This story above says both Leto and Robbie would be back, which is a shame, at least on the Leto part because he ****ing sucked balls.

Last edited:

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I don't get the Raising Canes hype. I had in FOCO and it was alright, like a little better than KFC but nothing special.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

I've always liked KFC, but I have no idea why. I shouldn't, but I do.

That goes the same for Buger King's smoke flavored horse meat lol.

Why I get cravings for trash food is beyond me. Especially since I can cook fairly well.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
My only real trash food craving is Taco John's... and super potato oles to be specific. Beyond that, I eat pretty healthy other than the odd burger at a sit down place or poutine when I'm in the land of Canucks.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
My only real trash food craving is Taco John's... and super potato oles to be specific. Beyond that, I eat pretty healthy other than the odd burger at a sit down place or poutine when I'm in the land of Canucks.

Derp

I recently taught my wife what chicken, sour cream, and tater-tots in a tortilla tasted like lol. Using Morningstar Chikn nuggets though for her. She fell in love with that and craves it even though she has never ate at Taco Johns before.

I'm curious if anyone around here is familiar with Sheetz? The food quality for a gas station is amazing, and you can order on a touch screen while you pump your gas.

Last edited:

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas

I knew I liked you for a reason...

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Most likely, yes.

All I can hope for is that WB follows through on their (apparent) intention of replacing Jared Leto...you know, so that we don't get yet *another* terrible Joker.

[EDIT]

Oh crap, I got this story confused with the one about Todd Phillips (Writer/Director of Old School and The Hangover movies) doing a "Joker origin story" that had said WB would be looking to get a different actor to play The Joker. This story above says both Leto and Robbie would be back, which is a shame, at least on the Leto part because he ****ing sucked balls.

Oh hey, another cash grab DCU movie. Never too many, eh.

Yeah, I wish Margot Robbie sucked balls...

Ahem. I mean she was alright, I guess. Jared Leto though, yeah he's not the right kind of Joker. Which was apparent from the first time those promo pics came out, so I'm not sure what they're seeing there.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Oh hey, another cash grab DCU movie. Never too many, eh.

Yeah, I wish Margot Robbie sucked balls...

Ahem. I mean she was alright, I guess. Jared Leto though, yeah he's not the right kind of Joker. Which was apparent from the first time those promo pics came out, so I'm not sure what they're seeing there.

seewhat-deniro.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->