OT: The Avalounge but every time someone posts the quality declines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
I've had a collection of *****y drinks. I had a spritz at a coffee house by myself like an after-work alcoholic, then a Napue Gin long drink (Do try the gin if you see it somewhere, Americans. Apparently it's nice.), a hard cider and now I'm mixing soda water and whatever liqueur I have.

I actually didn't like Napue at my first try. Then I did it with raspberries and it was very good.

Sounds like a great evening. If you were a gamer now would be a good time to go shoot some heads.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
A mix of certain fatty acid oils found in the coconut, which bypass processing in the liver and thus release energy fast. They are claimed to increase energy level , effective brain function and gut health. I believe this to be true to a point, and plan to take it every now and then to avoid reported side effects like energy crashes. They're popular with keto enthusiasts right now. Are they worth their price, I doubt it, but I thought I'd try for S&G's while I bulk up (altogether a hopeless effort).

Yeah man i love bulking phases! I take weight gainers cause i just have never had a big appetite and they work for me but i love the size and strength i put on while i bulk. Only thing that stinks about bulking is the $$$

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Yeah man i love bulking phases! I take weight gainers cause i just have never had a big appetite and they work for me but i love the size and strength i put on while i bulk. Only thing that stinks about bulking is the $$$
I don't. I'm up about 4.5 lbs (in the time I've taken I could have cleanly gained about 5.5 lbs so I'm a little behind but not that much), and I'm already tired. And I crushed a 15 lbs bag of gainer already. But I've been super shitty about clean bulking when I'm into it; ~0.6 g of fat per pound of weight, 1-1.5 g protein per pound of weight... And then when I let up and take an off day like today, I come nowhere near to filling my calorie target. But tracking closely is the only way I get to an adequate intake, because like you I don't overeat on my own. The thing is, I'd rather avoid the sugar in the gainers too. I'm struggling to cook up and eat all those carbs without it though.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I actually didn't like Napue at my first try. Then I did it with raspberries and it was very good.

Sounds like a great evening. If you were a gamer now would be a good time to go shoot some heads.
The cranberry-rosemary long drink was pretty good. Not nearly as sweet as your basic options. Not quite worth its price though, unless you want to buy one or two and feel good about yourself for it like I did. :laugh:

Reactions: Murzu

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Oh and hey, sorry about the drunk triple post but I wanted to ask this separately:

Has anyone here done HST (hypertrophy-specific training) cycles? I'm thinking about switching up my routine to hike up the per week load. It does seem like it needs a fair bit of attention but it would drop my weekly workouts from four to three, although obviously those ones will take longer. Hypertrophy I'm obviously after because I'm vain and not like doing a sport or anything, lol.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
This conversation is funny since majority of my food comes in from Finland. I drink this stuff called Ambronite during the day and then one real meal a day.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
The cranberry-rosemary long drink was pretty good. Not nearly as sweet as your basic options. Not quite worth its price though, unless you want to buy one or two and feel good about yourself for it like I did. :laugh:

I should try that!

And I really need to buy more whiskies. I finished the Chita and Talisker just a month ago.

How's your headache?

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I suppose Wolfie eats sauna tenderized, pastey, mopey EMO teens who wander into his den drunk as a skunk after they go through a case of Finlandia.

Speaking of being drunk, this is my favorite story about a drunkard

I feel like emo teens aren't as much of a thing these days.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
GUYS....

198.6 as of this morning (post-workout)! I'm 3.6 lbs away from my final goal of 195, and I'm feeling f***ing great!

After an absolutely grueling and relentless last 6 months, I'm on the precipice of moving into "maintain weight" mode that I think will allow me to not have to be at the gym every goddamn day! I can also start doing more with actual weight training instead of focusing solely on cardio work (which I do no with very minor weight training 1-2 days a week). Of course even with the very light weight training I've already seen results...or rather my girlfriend has, as she comments on the tone/definition of my arms/legs all the time.

338 lbs (though pictures I've discovered more recently have me believing I was in the 350 range) just seems like a lifetime ago...I can't believe I'm nearly done climbing this mountain.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
GUYS....

198.6 as of this morning (post-workout)! I'm 3.6 lbs away from my final goal of 195, and I'm feeling ****ing great!

After an absolutely grueling and relentless last 6 months, I'm on the precipice of moving into "maintain weight" mode that I think will allow me to not have to be at the gym every goddamn day! I can also start doing more with actual weight training instead of focusing solely on cardio work (which I do no with very minor weight training 1-2 days a week). Of course even with the very light weight training I've already seen results...or rather my girlfriend has, as she comments on the tone/definition of my arms/legs all the time.

338 lbs (though pictures I've discovered more recently have me believing I was in the 350 range) just seems like a lifetime ago...I can't believe I'm nearly done climbing this mountain.

That’s f***ing awesome dude! Congrats!

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
That’s ****ing awesome dude! Congrats!

ACTUAL before/after pics (only @henchman24 has seen the unredacted ones...because he's my boy! :yo:)

HOMn7EC.jpg

1pHGOtY.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad