The Art of Custom Made Players

Status
Not open for further replies.

grentthealien

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
Made some more player faces for my 94' build coming in NHL 20, details are on my spreadsheet on the Sabres page if you need them for any build you are doing! Cheers!
Yuri Khmylev
View attachment 231879 Richard Smehlik
View attachment 231881 Doug Bodger
View attachment 231883
Awesome. If you don’t mind me asking what spreadsheet though? I remember you uploading one early with all the teams rosters and data on it. Were player faces on that one as well? If so it would be much appreciated if you could link it to me.

Reactions: SnipeNScore

SnipeNScore

Mar 31, 2019
Ottawa, ON
www.youtube.com
Awesome. If you don’t mind me asking what spreadsheet though? I remember you uploading one early with all the teams rosters and data on it. Were player faces on that one as well? If so it would be much appreciated if you could link it to me.
Yes they were its all below the actual player information. like below line projections. Here it is again:

grentthealien

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
Yes they were its all below the actual player information. like below line projections. Here it is again:

Oh I see it all now. I didn’t even notice all that. I guess I just wasn’t using the sidebar. Where did you get the line combinations? Are they the actual lines that were used or are you just projecting what you think they ran with? If you found a way to get accurate line combinations than that is next level realism.

Also is there anything I can use to navigate it better. Would it work with google docs?

SnipeNScore

Mar 31, 2019
Ottawa, ON
www.youtube.com
Oh I see it all now. I didn’t even notice all that. I guess I just wasn’t using the sidebar. Where did you get the line combinations? Are they the actual lines that were used or are you just projecting what you think they ran with?
I basically went off of most points which makes it probably not accurate but who knows. PP and PK lines I went off shorthanded points and PP points. Unfortunately prior to 1998 they didnt have ice time stats so I couldnt figure it out as accurately as my 1999 build.

Reactions: grentthealien

grentthealien

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
I basically went off of most points which makes it probably not accurate but who knows. PP and PK lines I went off shorthanded points and PP points. Unfortunately prior to 1998 they didnt have ice time stats so I couldnt figure it out as accurately as my 1999 build.
Yeah that’s your best guess. The only other way is to find footage of games, but they can be hard to come by. This is for NHL 20 right? How are you going to transfer all your work over to it?

SnipeNScore

Mar 31, 2019
Ottawa, ON
www.youtube.com
Yeah that’s your best guess. The only other way is to find footage of games, but they can be hard to come by. This is for NHL 20 right? How are you going to transfer all your work over to it?
I am just testing it out in 19 with some players so I have an idea of how to make them accurately going into NHL 20, then I basically start fresh once 20 comes out, I will then try and make about 2-4 teams a week and then tweak it until its good enough. Then Ill start a franchise mode in maybe January or so

grentthealien

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
I am just testing it out in 19 with some players so I have an idea of how to make them accurately going into NHL 20, then I basically start fresh once 20 comes out, I will then try and make about 2-4 teams a week and then tweak it until its good enough. Then Ill start a franchise mode in maybe January or so
Ah makes sense.at least you’ll have it all tracked down on the spreadsheet when that time comes. Hopefully NHL 20 gives us some more customization options to use as well.

sapinvert

Feb 25, 2016
Looking for accurate lines for every NHL season? Try this link : http://www.strat-hockey.net/roster-sheets/1994-95.pdf. The number beside each player represents the lines they played on for most of that season.

Just change the years in the link to see other NHL seasons. It's a pretty awesome tool that helps me with my own rosters.

Cheers!

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
Looking for accurate lines for every NHL season? Try this link : http://www.strat-hockey.net/roster-sheets/1994-95.pdf. The number beside each player represents the lines they played on for most of that season.

Just change the years in the link to see other NHL seasons. It's a pretty awesome tool that helps me with my own rosters.

Cheers!

Fof a certainty i can tell you the Habs most frequently use lines were

Leclair Muller Bellows
Damphousse Lebeau Keane
Dionne Savard Leeman
Brunet Carbonneau Ronan

Odelein Schneider
Daigneault Desjardins
Brisebois Haller

Roy
Racicot

SnipeNScore

Mar 31, 2019
Ottawa, ON
www.youtube.com
I made a few more players. Also I recommend for Ed Belfour with the blackhawks using the Vaasan Sport mask instead of the Colorado Eagles.

Christian Ruuttu
Xbox 2019-05-30 3_50_24 PM.png

Joe Murphy
Xbox 2019-05-30 3_50_52 PM.png

JurassicPuck

Aug 16, 2014
Okay so I have this big project going on with NHL 19 (Like many others here) and I am trying to create All-Time Teams for almost every NHL franchise (2000 Expansion Teams are grouped together on one team). Before, I was requesting players basically at random and just trying to even out the amount of created players on each team. Now I think I’m just going to put out my complete list of players that I want to have faces/gear in my NHL 19 and let people fly at 'er. While I will try and get as many players done as I can, the problem is I am not even close to as good as some of you guys who create faces on here. So that’s why I am putting my full list on here because If i were to try and do every players face by myself, this project would never be completed. While I don’t expect even half of this list to be finished. I hope we can get through a solid bunch to make my project more realistic.

All these players range from 1900s hockey to present day. There is a custom team called the “Pre-NHL Stars” but I haven’t finalized their roster yet so I won’t put their players on the list for now. Of course, some of these players are a little more important that they have a face/gear then others (Phil Esposito more important than Radim Vrbata). Goalies are not on this list right now because I have to figure out how to do their attributes. I think I will be starting off with the original six era players then go from there. Once I get a good chunk of those players done I will post some pictures on here. I know others are doing projects of their own and if they can’t help out it’s totally fine. I look forward to seeing what we can get done here.

The 272 players listed below are in alphabetical order and sorted by what team I have them in NHL 19

272 Total Players
ANAAndy McDonaldOleg TverdovskyRuslan SaleiSamuel PahlssonTodd Ewen
ARIAlex ZhamnovDave BabychDoug SmailLaurie BoschmanMorris LukowichPaul MacLeanRadim VrbataShane Doan
BOSBill CowleyBobby BauerCooney WeilandDit ClapperEddie ShoreFern FlamanJack CrawfordJohn BucykKen HodgeMilt SchmidtPhil EspositoRick MiddletonTerry O'RiellyWayne CashmanWoody Dumart
BUFAlexei ZhitnikBill HajtCraig RamsayDanny GareDon LuceDoug BodgerGilbert PerreaultJim SchoenfeldMike FolignoMike RamseyMiroslav SatanRene RobertRick Martin
CGYGuy ChouinardJarome IginlaKent NilssonPaul ReinhartRobyn RegehrTom Lysiak
CARAdam BurtBlaine StoughtonErik ColeJeff O'NiellJoel QuennevilleSami KapanenTim Gleason
CHIBill MosienkoBill WhiteDenis SavardDennis HullDoug BentleyDoug WilsonEarl SeibertJohnny GottseligMax BentleyPat StapletonPaul ThompsonPierre Pilote
COLAlex TanguayAlexei GusarovAnton StastnyMario MaroisMilan HejdukNormand Rochefort
DALBill GoldsworthyBobby SmithBrenden MorrowCraig HartsburgDarryl SydorJ-P PariseRichard MatvichukStephane RobidasSteve Payne
DETAlex DelvecchioBill QuackenbushEbbie GoodfellowGary BergmanHerbie LewisJack StewartMarcel PronovostNorm UllmanPavel DatsyukRed KellyReed LarsonSyd Howe
EDMCharlie HuddyCraig MacTavishCraig SimpsonLee FogolinRandy GreggShawn HorcoffSteve Smith
LAKCharlie SimmerJim FoxLubomir VisnovskyMark HardyMattias NorstromMike Murphy
MTLAurele JoliatBernie GeoffrionBob GaineyButch BouchardDickie MooreDoug HarveyElmer LachHenri RichardHowie MorenzJacques LaperriereJacques LemaireJ-C TremblayJean BeliveauJohn FergusonNewsy Lalonde
NJDAaron BrotenBobby HolikBrian GiontaBrian RafalskiBruce DriverJamie LangenbrunnerJohn MaddenPetr SykoraScott Gomez
NYIBob BourneBrent SutterGerry HartJohn TonelliKen MorrowKenny JonssonPat FlatleyStefan PerssonTomas Jonsson
NYRAndy BathgateBill CookBill GadsbyBrad ParkBryan HextallBun CookCamille HenryChing JohnsonDean PrenticeFrank BoucherHarry HowellJoe KocurLynn PatrickNeil ColvilleOtt HellerPhil WatsonWalt Tkaczuk
OTTCy DennenyDany HeatleyEddie GerardFrank NighborGeorges BoucherMagnus ArvedsonMartin Havlat
PHIDave SchultzEd Van ImpeJimmy WatsonJoe WatsonSimon Gagne
PITDave BurrowsJean PronovostMartin StrakaMike BullardPaul MartinRick KehoeRon StackhouseSyl Apps Jr.
STLBarclay PlagerBernie FederkoBob PlagerBrian SutterChris ProngerGarry UngerPavol DemitraRed BerensonRob RamageTony TwistWayne Babych
SJSDan BoyleJeff FriesenJonathan CheechooMarco SturmMarcus RagnarssonScott Hannan
TBLBrad RichardsCory SarichFredrik ModinJassen CullimorePavel KubinaRob ZamunerRoman HamrlikVinny Prospal
TORAllan StanleyBabe DyeBob PulfordBusher JacksonCarl BrewerCharlie ConacherDarryl SittlerDave KeonFrank MahovlichGeorge ArmstrongGordie DrillonHap DayJimmy ThomsonJoe PrimeauKing ClancyTed KennedyTim Horton
VANAndre BoudriasDaniel SedinDoug LidsterHarold SnepstsHenrik SedinKevin BieksaMattias OhlundStan SmylTodd Bertuzzi
WSHAlexander SeminBengt-Ake GustafssonBobby CarpenterDave ChristianDennis MarukKelly MillerMichal PivonkaMike Ridley
CCCPAnatoli FirsovHelmuts BalderisNikolai SologubovSergei MakarovValeri VasilievVitali DavydovVsevold Bobrov
CSSR/SwedenFrantisek PospisilIvan HlinkaJan SuchyJiri BublaJiri HolikJosef MalecekJozef GolonkaLennart SvedbergMilan NovySven TumbaUlf SternerVaclav NedomanskyVladimir MartinecVladimir RuzickaVladimir ZabrodskyVlastimil Bubnik
EXPAndrew BrunetteBrian CampbellDavid VybornyEd JovanovskiFedor TyutinJason ArnottKimmo TimonenMarc SavardMarian GaborikOlli JokinenRobert SvehlaScott HartnellSlava KozlovStephen Weiss
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:

Tamer Kamel

Jun 6, 2019
Hi. Good job on the legends. I made an account to say that the roster file in the SAVEDATA file doesn't open. Do you know why? Thanks.

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
I'm currently working on making all the 1993-94 teams and playing a full season with them. Im actually only creating the top lines for each teams and the 2 goalies. I will play a season without line changes and penalties and injuries. I'm using the datasheet provided by you guys. I see some players are not complete, I don't mind adding the players I created and the ratings to the datasheet.

Amazing job so far. Most of the players are dead on and it's crazy how accurate we can get these players with so little options. Thumbs up guys!!!!

SnipeNScore

Mar 31, 2019
Ottawa, ON
www.youtube.com
I'm currently working on making all the 1993-94 teams and playing a full season with them. Im actually only creating the top lines for each teams and the 2 goalies. I will play a season without line changes and penalties and injuries. I'm using the datasheet provided by you guys. I see some players are not complete, I don't mind adding the players I created and the ratings to the datasheet.

Amazing job so far. Most of the players are dead on and it's crazy how accurate we can get these players with so little options. Thumbs up guys!!!!
Hey dude there is a lot of faces Im still working on getting details for lol. Its a grind. I will be doing a NHL 20 1994 Franchise Mode in February probably but will begin building the rosters as soon as I get 20. Glad to see im not the only one using it ;)

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
Hey dude there is a lot of faces Im still working on getting details for lol. Its a grind. I will be doing a NHL 20 1994 Franchise Mode in February probably but will begin building the rosters as soon as I get 20. Glad to see im not the only one using it ;)

Like i said i can contribute to the spreadsheet if you want..

Sam Schwartz

Jul 9, 2019
The no helmet glitch does work on NHL 19. I’m not sure about 18, but I’m fairly sure that it works there as well. All you have to do is go to the helmet, equip one of the helmets with a cage or semi cage, and save your player. Then you edit the helmet again, but this time you equip any visor and it should take the helmet off.

jocke7

Jan 24, 2019
Stockholm, Sweden
Anyone know if the no helmet glitch still works in NHL 20?

Tried it, doesn't work unfortunately. However, almost 500 classic players are available in the game to use as you please this year, so there really is some amazing possibilities to create historic rosters. Many helmetless players among those legends so you can still get that old school feeling, + helmetless goalies and goalies with 70's masks. Seems as if retired numbers are off as well so you can put legends in their NHL team with correct numbers and goalie gear for created teams bug is fixed as well.

I was not gonna create rosters on 20 but after I learned all this who can resist. It's like almost every limiting, frustrating thing from last year is gone. With the no helmet glitch still in it would be even better of course, you could do some really awesome 50's, 60's, 70's seasons which I will now avoid, but I am still gonna have a lot of fun this year. Overall it will be a much less frustrating and time consuming experience creating classic rosters than last year.

I am gonna go through all goalies on the alumni teams fixing their equipment as EA didn't do a very good job with that part, create some missing players like Mike Bossy, Hasek and Ron Francis, a few teams like Sabres with their classic jerseys, and then I will be good to go, starting franchise or season mode. It will probably be some sort of all time rosters for most teams, kind of like the alumni teams but with few adjustments. Maybe I'll do some full cup winning teams from the 80's and 90's throughout the year like 82' Islanders, whose helmetless players already are in the game so they should be possible to create accurately.

My 10 h trial of the game just ended, now just have to wait for Tuesday to start sinking my teeth into this. I can't believe EA actually not only released all the 200 legends from last year but added another 200+ for us to use anyway we want. Just amazing. It definitely more than makes up for their silence regarding this last year. Seems they were working on it after all.

Some pictures from my 10 h with the game:

fSK2R76.jpg

bbWWQEK.jpg

aVYMqif.jpg

Ae0TNnR.jpg

ek2hn8z.jpg

PJboe3D.jpg

K0ORLzn.jpg

Z2BWOJK.jpg

PqgkA26.jpg

HqmeqzV.jpg

g6OSAZ4.jpg