Marian & Anton Stastny
12c8zwg.jpg

Daniel Sedin
MkPqd0w.jpg

Daniel Alfredsson
PO9dmLj.jpg

Jason Allison
0xuf3EA.jpg

Jean-Sebastien Giguere (edited equipment)
JHdd7jt.jpg

Patrick Lalime
YE9KIts.jpg

Chico Resch (edited equipment)
1AZ2xH1.jpg

Dave Dryden (edited equipment)
6JuxWBY.jpg

Curtis Joseph (edited equipment)
QdHNlyP.jpg

Bernie Federko (edited)
oereKOv.jpg

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
I have created the full 1987 Oilers and 1989 Habs. I edited Russ Courtnall who for a reason was a left ended shot instead of right shot.

I created a few legends like Brodeur Orr and Perreault. I will do plenty more later.

sapinvert

Feb 25, 2016
Some players I created to the alumni teams in NHL 20:

Dan Cloutier
ukkykOb.jpg

David Aebischer
MU4MO9k.jpg

Olaf Kolzig
Bhusu7w.jpg

Marian & Anton Stastny
12c8zwg.jpg

Daniel Sedin
MkPqd0w.jpg

Daniel Alfredsson
PO9dmLj.jpg

Jason Allison
0xuf3EA.jpg

Jean-Sebastien Giguere (edited equipment)
JHdd7jt.jpg

Patrick Lalime
YE9KIts.jpg

Chico Resch (edited equipment)
1AZ2xH1.jpg

Dave Dryden (edited equipment)
6JuxWBY.jpg

Curtis Joseph (edited equipment)
QdHNlyP.jpg

Bernie Federko (edited)
oereKOv.jpg
Hey Jocke7, great job on these. As always, your attention to details is great! Your Cloutier and Alfredsson, especially, are bang on. Have you updated the spreadsheet and added those guys? I created the original Alfredsson on that spreadsheet but I find yours is better.

I haven't bought NHL 20 yet as I'm still using the 200+ players we created last year for NHL 19 - and I'm still having a blast using these rosters. Is the spreadsheet still usable with NHL 20? Does it still match the same face #, equipment, etc.? And do you recommend switching to NHL 20 - and recreate all the missing players that are not in alumni teams - or do you find the ones we created ourselves (i.e. Lemieux, Gretzky, Hull) are better looking than those included?

CMBalkoth

Oct 4, 2019
FDF4F0D0-B554-4781-8A64-60B3B3797AC4.jpeg
A0548928-15EA-4D16-86BE-ADB497DE8553.jpeg
Figured I’d throw a couple I’ve made on here, see what everyone thinks. Also, I’ve skimmed through this thread, so I probably missed it...But, I can’t seem to find a link to the spreadsheet.

Anyways, here’s Semenko and Siltanen. Not fond of the face I chose for Dave Semenko, so I’ll probably redo it at some point.

Reactions: jocke7

sapinvert

Feb 25, 2016
View attachment 264729 View attachment 264727 Figured I’d throw a couple I’ve made on here, see what everyone thinks. Also, I’ve skimmed through this thread, so I probably missed it...But, I can’t seem to find a link to the spreadsheet.

Anyways, here’s Semenko and Siltanen. Not fond of the face I chose for Dave Semenko, so I’ll probably redo it at some point.
Thanks for sharing your players! Can't remember in which post we shared the link for the spreadsheet, but anyway here it is : docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1845oAZsNHbRPv0XSS5LMf3NVGImMbq8b_Gqpxk13Vyg/edit?usp=sharing

Reactions: CMBalkoth

jocke7

Jan 24, 2019
Stockholm, Sweden
Hey Jocke7, great job on these. As always, your attention to details is great! Your Cloutier and Alfredsson, especially, are bang on. Have you updated the spreadsheet and added those guys? I created the original Alfredsson on that spreadsheet but I find yours is better.

I haven't bought NHL 20 yet as I'm still using the 200+ players we created last year for NHL 19 - and I'm still having a blast using these rosters. Is the spreadsheet still usable with NHL 20? Does it still match the same face #, equipment, etc.? And do you recommend switching to NHL 20 - and recreate all the missing players that are not in alumni teams - or do you find the ones we created ourselves (i.e. Lemieux, Gretzky, Hull) are better looking than those included?

Thanks! I haven't added them to the spreadsheet but I will do it in the coming days.

Yeah the player creation is exactly the same as previous years so the spreadsheet can still be used. I do recommend getting NHL 20 - personally I prefer the gameplay in 20 compared to 19 and for the alumni rosters some players are picture perfect (Lafleur, Hawerchuk, Hull, Sakic, and many others), and most other players looks alright too (I just needed to fix equipment for some). I find the alumni teams is a good base to build upon and re-creating players using the spreadsheet is fairly quick. I've done about 60 so far and plan to do about 200 more. Also fixed goalie equipment for all alumni goalies. A few players (Claude Lemiuex, McSorley for example) looked nothing like they should so I replaced them with my own created versions which I am pretty happy with, but most are fine.

Reactions: sapinvert

JuJu Mobb

Dec 9, 2009
Just a head's up when it comes to goalie creation :

Consistency 2 /2 = Bad

Consistency 0 /2 = Great.

I think every goalie is at 1 except for Holtby.

Reactions: grentthealien

jocke7

Jan 24, 2019
Stockholm, Sweden
So my 1993/94 Roster Build is finished. I am open to any feedback/questions if you guys any. I need to still tweak some overalls if you think any need changing :) Please share it around if you could!

Awesome job. Did you do appearances for every single player?

A couple of things: I don't know if you noticed but in the october update EA added a few more jersey templates to create a team, among those is the template for the Capitals 3rd jersey which is what the Caps used back in 94. It has the stars on the sleeves as well. Not the logo though unfortunately.

Also, I wonder if there is a specific reason for not using the real NHL teams in some cases like the NY Rangers? The only thing I can think of (for those teams which have the same colour scheme and logo now as back in 94) is because of retired numbers but the thing is they removed that this year so you can use any number for any team. So, unless you have a good reason I can't think of, you could use the real Rangers team and use their 06-07 jerseys which are basically the same as what they wore in 94, for more accuracy.

Really enjoyed watching the overview video. Again, great job!

For next year if you do another roster build as you said, it would be fun to see an 80's season :) Or do you have any season in mind already?

Reactions: SnipeNScore

SnipeNScore

Mar 31, 2019
Ottawa, ON
www.youtube.com
Awesome job. Did you do appearances for every single player?

A couple of things: I don't know if you noticed but in the october update EA added a few more jersey templates to create a team, among those is the template for the Capitals 3rd jersey which is what the Caps used back in 94. It has the stars on the sleeves as well. Not the logo though unfortunately.

Also, I wonder if there is a specific reason for not using the real NHL teams in some cases like the NY Rangers? The only thing I can think of (for those teams which have the same colour scheme and logo now as back in 94) is because of retired numbers but the thing is they removed that this year so you can use any number for any team. So, unless you have a good reason I can't think of, you could use the real Rangers team and use their 06-07 jerseys which are basically the same as what they wore in 94, for more accuracy.

Really enjoyed watching the overview video. Again, great job!

For next year if you do another roster build as you said, it would be fun to see an 80's season :) Or do you have any season in mind already?
Yes I did do appearances for everyone however some are not very accurate lol. Also I didnt notice Ill have to take a look. And also thanks so much man. I probably cant do any in the 80s due to the lack of teams. Like for this i do a franchise mode so i have to have 31 teams. I might do an early 2000s build or mid 2000s

jocke7

Jan 24, 2019
Stockholm, Sweden
Yes I did do appearances for everyone however some are not very accurate lol. Also I didnt notice Ill have to take a look. And also thanks so much man. I probably cant do any in the 80s due to the lack of teams. Like for this i do a franchise mode so i have to have 31 teams. I might do an early 2000s build or mid 2000s

Ah, makes sense. It would be nice if we could choose the number of teams for franchise and season mode, just like in playoff mode.

Early 2000s would be nice too. You have 01-02 season with the stacked Detroit team, or 05-06 which is a pretty fun season with many 90s legends in the "wrong" team, like Forsberg in Flyers, Lindros in Toronto and Hasek in Ottawa.

Reactions: SnipeNScore

SnipeNScore

Mar 31, 2019
Ottawa, ON
www.youtube.com
Ah, makes sense. It would be nice if we could choose the number of teams for franchise and season mode, just like in playoff mode.

Early 2000s would be nice too. You have 01-02 season with the stacked Detroit team, or 05-06 which is a pretty fun season with many 90s legends in the "wrong" team, like Forsberg in Flyers, Lindros in Toronto and Hasek in Ottawa.
yep, I might do 05/06 because its the last year for a few legends and then there is alot of good youth with Sid and Ovi and what not joining the league lol

Reactions: jocke7

EKSF

Oct 22, 2019
Iam happy that i found this thread and i appreciate all the work that people put into the rosters.

I have a specific question: Does someone have a list of all players who are in several Alumni Teams? That would help me a lot since i think about to play a season with the Alumni Teams, delete or trade away the "doublegangers" so that i only have 1 Gretzky, Messier ect. in the league - while i put some selfmade players into it (with the help of the awesome spreadsheets).

Also does it even make sense to play a season with these players or do they regress too much over the season (cuz of there real age) ? Anyone tried that yet?

Thank you very much in advance.

Last edited:

jocke7

Jan 24, 2019
Stockholm, Sweden
Iam happy that i found this thread and i appreciate all the work that people put into the rosters.

I have a specific question: Does someone have a list of all players who are in several Alumni Teams? That would help me a lot since i think about to play a season with the Alumni Teams, delete or trade away the "doublegangers" so that i only have 1 Gretzky, Messier ect. in the league - while i put some selfmade players into it (with the help of the awesome spreadsheets).

Also does it even make sense to play a season with these players or do they regress too much over the season (cuz of there real age) ? Anyone tried that yet?

Thank you very much in advance.

All the alumni players age are set to 27 in franchise and season mode, so they won't regress.

Reactions: EKSF

EKSF

Oct 22, 2019
All the alumni players age are set to 27 in franchise and season mode, so they won't regress.

Thats nice! Thanks for that info - so the only problem i have is that some players are in several teams - do u got a list which ones?

jocke7

Jan 24, 2019
Stockholm, Sweden
Thats nice! Thanks for that info - so the only problem i have is that some players are in several teams - do u got a list which ones?

Check out this spreadsheet from a guy name Phil Parent over at operationsports:

He is doing a project with this alumni roster and aims to remove all duplicates.

Btw, another thing I noticed is the age reset to 27 even for created players who are over a certain age (don't know which exact age though). So it works fine to give created legends their actual birthyear.

Reactions: EKSF

EKSF

Oct 22, 2019
Thanks again, i found the thread - reading atm. I think its nice that EA put all that into the new game, even its a big mess and we have to sort it out - which takes a ton of time... they should hire and pay some of you guys.. i mean who thaught it would be a good idea to put so many Sillingers into the league?

Last edited:
Reactions: Jersey47

jocke7

Jan 24, 2019
Stockholm, Sweden
Thanks again, i found the thread - reading atm. I think its nice that EA put all that into the new game, even its a big mess and we have to sort it out - which takes a ton of time... they should hire and pay some of you guys.. i mean who thaught it would be a good idea to put so many Sillingers into the league?

I agree, I love that they did this but it's a bit of a mess. Hopefully they keep building on this for years to come.

I myself went through every player in the alumni teams to fix their equipment and stuff. I suppose most look alright but quite many had default bauer gear when they should have Jofa helmets and wooden sticks. It was pretty fun to go through and fixing it though so I don't mind it. Some players however look truly awful like for example Marty McSorley so I replaced him and a few others with my own created versions which I think look way better. Especially McSorley.

I found many others who looks alright but not as good as my and sapinvert's created versions from last year, but for most of them it wasn't worth replacing them. I just do that in really bad cases. Claude Lemieux is another one of those who comes to mind.

I would have done appearances for every alumni player for free if EA had contacted me. That offer still stands for next year if anyone from EA is reading this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad