The Art of Custom Made Players

Status
Not open for further replies.

BKHoss

May 21, 2019
Looks like the same logos again... why the NHL and ECHL league logos and no other leagues? I would assume since you have logos on all the other leagues we would be permitted to use in create a team also.

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
Hey guys! Long time no post lol. Anyway Ive been using my google sheets and Ive started my 1993/94 NHL Roster build for NHL 20. Im on Detroit already lol. Cant wait to finish this up hopefully by the end of this year depending on my college assignments :)

Keep up the good work. I have created the 1988-89 habs team. Half of that team is already created in the alumni section.

Reactions: SnipeNScore

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
Keep up the good work. I have created the 1988-89 habs team. Half of that team is already created in the alumni section.

Man how'd you manage to do that? i created one player and assigning him onto a team just crashes the game

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
Man how'd you manage to do that? i created one player and assigning him onto a team just crashes the game

I dont know. I was able to create the full 12 players missing from the 89 Habs. I have started a season with them and so far everything is working great.

Brewsky

King Of The Ice Mugs
Jan 26, 2011
King County
www.brewsky.com
Seems as if retired numbers are off as well so you can put legends in their NHL team with correct numbers and goalie gear for created teams bug is fixed as well.

I was not gonna create rosters on 20.

My 10 h trial of the game just ended, now just have to wait for Tuesday to start sinking my teeth into this. I can't believe EA actually not only released all the 200 legends from last year but added another 200+ for us to use anyway we want.

Couple questions jocke:

1) So I can put Gretzky on the Oilers offline, and play exhibition with him wearing 99? I know in the past we could turn retired numbers off in season (not franchise), but we were always stuck with Gretzky as #98 offline when actually playing him on an NHL team. Had to create a team to bypass that but my created jerseys would never look as good as the Oilers jerseys themselves.

2) What was the goalie gear for created teams bug?

3) Why were you not going create rosters on 20? Know it's a lot of work but loved seeing your pics, was it because you originally thought 200+ legends wouldn't be available offline?

4) Is there really that many legends EA added? I thought there's like 4 duplicates of some players, so that knocks down the total a bunch.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012

Can you elaborate on this? I don't want to start creating players for my college rosters and have it be for nothing

Hawkee35

Sep 24, 2019
Out of pure curiosity, is there a place that has the missing players attributes listed? I mean, if I wanted to create Paul Kariya because he's not in the game but have no idea how to do his attributes is there a place that would have his most realistic slapshot power/accuracy and so on?

PLYMKR 88

Sep 24, 2019
Bremen
Out of pure curiosity, is there a place that has the missing players attributes listed? I mean, if I wanted to create Paul Kariya because he's not in the game but have no idea how to do his attributes is there a place that would have his most realistic slapshot power/accuracy and so on?

Just check out the spreadsheet from SnipeNScore. If you scroll down a bit all the attributes for his players will show up.

BTW SnipeNScore you can use Carrier as name for Kariya (but only till NHL 19) and Zadorov for Fedorov (also only until NHL 19). I know there are other names you can use as a workaround to but since NHL 20 and Cybulski most of them sound not great.

BTW i read about the helmet glitch and if the glitch is still possible in NHL 20; you don't have to use any method this year. Just choose no helmet and the player will not wear a helmet.

OH and this thread is awwwwwesoooome! I was looking for this kind of thread since like forever.

Reactions: SnipeNScore

sapinvert

Feb 25, 2016
BTW i read about the helmet glitch and if the glitch is still possible in NHL 20; you don't have to use any method this year. Just choose no helmet and the player will not wear a helmet.
Is this true? There is an option where you can select "no helmet"? Is it in the player creation? Please share a screenshot.

I haven't bought NHL 20 yet, but the ability to create accurate (no helmet) players from the 1920s - 1970s is certainly a reason to buy it now.

PLYMKR 88

Sep 24, 2019
Bremen
Is this true? There is an option where you can select "no helmet"? Is it in the player creation? Please share a screenshot.

I haven't bought NHL 20 yet, but the ability to create accurate (no helmet) players from the 1920s - 1970s is certainly a reason to buy it now.

The option with no helmet is definitely available in World of CEHL but sure i will check that out in about 2 hours and post a screenshot if it works for player creation as well

PLYMKR 88

Sep 24, 2019
Bremen

Okay so unfortunately the no helmet option is only available for EASHL mode. I don't get it why EA blocked the option for create a skater mode....but it's EA so....

sapinvert

Feb 25, 2016
Darn, that's a bummer... I've been waiting for that option for years. I guess the NHL19 glitch is the best we can do.

jocke7

Jan 24, 2019
Stockholm, Sweden
Couple questions jocke:

1) So I can put Gretzky on the Oilers offline, and play exhibition with him wearing 99? I know in the past we could turn retired numbers off in season (not franchise), but we were always stuck with Gretzky as #98 offline when actually playing him on an NHL team. Had to create a team to bypass that but my created jerseys would never look as good as the Oilers jerseys themselves.

2) What was the goalie gear for created teams bug?

3) Why were you not going create rosters on 20? Know it's a lot of work but loved seeing your pics, was it because you originally thought 200+ legends wouldn't be available offline?

4) Is there really that many legends EA added? I thought there's like 4 duplicates of some players, so that knocks down the total a bunch.

1) Yes you can. You can turn retired numbers ON in franchise and season mode if you want, but no need to create teams now as you can use retired numbers as you want in any game mode including play now.

2) The goalie gear bug was that goalies on created teams would wear team color gear in play now and franchise mode games, instead of the gear I gave him in player edit - always worked in season mode and playoff mode though.

3) Yeah, I thought it would be the same possibilities as in 19 and saw no point in doing everything all over again. Might post some pics here now and then for my 20 roster.

4) You're right - seems to be more duplicates than I thought now after going through the rosters, but maybe it´s around 300 players atleast?

Reactions: Brewsky

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
I just hope some sort of update comes where they just give the option to select no play-by-play name for created players like we used to be able to.... I know I'll be hoping for a long time.

PLYMKR 88

Sep 24, 2019
Bremen
I just hope some sort of update comes where they just give the option to select no play-by-play name for created players like we used to be able to.... I know I'll be hoping for a long time.

Try as name: Erhardt at least till NHl 19 they never said that name

Last edited:
Reactions: mk80

SnipeNScore

Mar 31, 2019
Ottawa, ON
www.youtube.com
My 1994 Roster Build Progress is going great. Done at least 18 skaters and 2 goalies for each team up to the Penguins. I still gotta make the last 8 or so nhl teams and then the 5 european teams, then I will add maybe a couple depth guys (so some wont be in) and some players I will also make from the 94 draft to put into the 2020 draft.
NHL® 20 (10).png
NHL® 20 (11).png
NHL® 20 (12).png

Hawkee35

Sep 24, 2019
Unfortunately the helmet glitch doesn't work in NHL 20! Just not right seeing Bobby Orr skating with a helmet on! I am also having issues with the attributes in the spreadsheet! Most of the players don't have the attributes listed!

Reactions: CMBalkoth

SnipeNScore

Mar 31, 2019
Ottawa, ON
www.youtube.com
Unfortunately the helmet glitch doesn't work in NHL 20! Just not right seeing Bobby Orr skating with a helmet on! I am also having issues with the attributes in the spreadsheet! Most of the players don't have the attributes listed!
Yea I gave up on that part, pretty much ran out of time before I started my build. I might try and do a video of all the attributes once I finish the build

Hawkee35

Sep 24, 2019
Yea I gave up on that part, pretty much ran out of time before I started my build. I might try and do a video of all the attributes once I finish the build
Has anybody figured out a helmet glitch for created players NOT in EASHL?

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
Can you elaborate on this? I don't want to start creating players for my college rosters and have it be for nothing

I was editing the National Team rosters and decided to create missing players along the way until I eventually noticed that creating a player after you've done any roster changes (such as editing existing players attributes) will reset all those previous roster edits.

After that I noticed that I couldn't assign the created player onto any team whatsoever without the game crashing.

I redownloaded a default roster and now player creation worked fine but I'm afraid of doing any editing on the existing rosters until I've created all the players I intended to create.

Reactions: mk80

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
I was editing the National Team rosters and decided to create missing players along the way until I eventually noticed that creating a player after you've done any roster changes (such as editing existing players attributes) will reset all those previous roster edits.

After that I noticed that I couldn't assign the created player onto any team whatsoever without the game crashing.

I redownloaded a default roster and now player creation worked fine but I'm afraid of doing any editing on the existing rosters until I've created all the players I intended to create.
Thank you! Well maybe I'll wait on starting my college rosters until a patch is released in hopes that is looked into.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad