OT: The Arizona Coyotes Lounge XVII - Office Space

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Of all the tribes in all the land, I believe only the Osage Nation got the better of the white man. Osage County Oklahoma, where everything 14" below the soil is owned by the tribe, which includes mineral rights and the oil and gas revenue made them rich.

Of all the "driving out" and "destroying" in the past, none compared to the ramifications of what happened to the natives when the Europeans came into their lives, as they're very way of life was changed forever.

To become more educated is to become more human. White guilt comes into play when the educated have difficulty accepting the ways that were.

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
Last night 3am the coyotes in Chandler must have killed a dog. I've lived here for 8 years and I've never heard the coyotes like that.

Anyone else hear 'em?

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
What's the best pizza place??

I have found some great ones :)

Rosati's (great)
Jets
Grimaldi's (too gourmet for me)
Geno's (my daughter likes)
Venenzia (my buddy likes)
Barro's (my wife likes)
Fired Pie

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
NBC studios, Rockefeller Center, NYC 1993

My buddy was a PA, or production assistant, meaning he was the college intern beech for the summer. I was living in Manhattan in the NYU dorms that summer on East 8th St. He was so low on the totem pole, he couldn't get me Saturday Night Live tickets (BTW SNL's studio is super small). Instead he hooked me up with this new guy called Conan.

At a taping once, Conan came out for his monolog and I was in the crowd and just as all the applauds were dieing down, I yelled out, "Oooooow" really loud.

Conan stopped his monolog before it started, looked up, pointed in my general direction and said, "There's no need for that."

Everyone laughed and he started his bit...

(While waiting at an elevator with the rest of the audience, Chris Farley walks up to an adjacent elevator that is roped off. This was my chance to see if he was really a brother...

When he played a drunk frat guy on SNL, he wore my fraternity letters.

So I yelled out, "Chris" and he looked at me and I said, "Phi Alpha" and made a motion only a brother would know.

He looked at me like I was crazy :)

Definitely not a brother...

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix

Rosati's (great)
Jets
Barro's (my wife likes)
Fired Pie
For artisan pizza check out Lamp in North Scottsdale, Pizzaria Bianco in Central Phoenix or Federal Pizza on Central. For Chicago style deep try Lou Malnati's.

Reactions: bluesXwinXtheXcup

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona

Rosati's (great)
Jets
Barro's (my wife likes)
Fired Pie
Grimaldi's is too gourmet? It's a thin crust, fresh mozz & pep and fired. Pretty simple and tasty stuff. Have not been ro the location here but I have been to the place in Brooklyn a few times.

I have not been to Rosati's in a decade when I first moved here. It was nothing like a Rosati's in Chicago and they baked the cheese onto the Italian beef I had for lunch. I would be willing to give them another crack out here should they open one in my area but my one experience a decade ago was enough that I won't travel to them.

A&M in Florence is great. Not a place I would expect to find great pizza but it is a home run.

Johnnie's Chicago Style Pizza was my favorite pie in Phoenix and then it burnt down. Quality sauce and toppings. I am not one to seek out a Chicago style thin but Johnnie did it superbly. Fire has ravaged 3 of my favorite restaurants here over the years. Bummer.

Last edited:

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Ughhhhhh we are having a boy. My biggest fear. Having another one of me running around is an awful feeling
Congrats! I’ve got a couple of boys. Aged 6 and 3. Get some noise cancelling air pods quickly before your wife knows what’s up. It’s too late for me. My wife is wise to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad