OT: The Arizona Coyotes Lounge XVII - Office Space

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Again define "make" as I consider make as profit not sales. And Incould be wrong but I don't think any company "makes" that much money.

You are correct. Apple is the World's most profitable company, pulling in around $159 million per day in net income on $750 mil in revenue.

Last edited:

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
In driving from Gainesville to pick my mother up from the Jacksonville airport for a short visit, I have now driven (or at least been the passenger of a road vehicle on) almost all of I-10 as of earlier tonight. The major stretches I've missed being on:

-The stretch that goes through New Orleans (I bypassed New Orleans between Baton Rouge, LA and Slidell, LA in using I-12)
-The stretch between just northwest of Lake City, FL and Baldwin, FL (I went south down I-75 to get to Gainesville last January, and earlier tonight I went up US-24 and US-301 out of Gainesville to get to I-10 east to Jacksonville)

Minor stretches I may have missed (but may not remember):

-Tonight, I missed using I-295 entering Jacksonville from the west so I ended up going all the way into downtown a few more miles and getting on I-95 north. That's apparently where I-10 terminates on the east side.
-I-10 junctions with I-5 in Los Angeles and I've gone many times that way in order to drive between Phoenix and Sacramento. I didn't know I-10 actually continued even further west to terminate in Santa Monica. I may have been on that stretch, but I don't remember it.

Anyway, it's kind of neat that I've been on probably at least 2,300 miles of one highway that spans a listed 2,460.

Reactions: bluesXwinXtheXcup

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
In driving from Gainesville to pick my mother up from the Jacksonville airport for a short visit, I have now driven (or at least been the passenger of a road vehicle on) almost all of I-10 as of earlier tonight. The major stretches I've missed being on:

-The stretch that goes through New Orleans (I bypassed New Orleans between Baton Rouge, LA and Slidell, LA in using I-12)
-The stretch between just northwest of Lake City, FL and Baldwin, FL (I went south down I-75 to get to Gainesville last January, and earlier tonight I went up US-24 and US-301 out of Gainesville to get to I-10 east to Jacksonville)

Minor stretches I may have missed (but may not remember):

-Tonight, I missed using I-295 entering Jacksonville from the west so I ended up going all the way into downtown a few more miles and getting on I-95 north. That's apparently where I-10 terminates on the east side.
-I-10 junctions with I-5 in Los Angeles and I've gone many times that way in order to drive between Phoenix and Sacramento. I didn't know I-10 actually continued even further west to terminate in Santa Monica. I may have been on that stretch, but I don't remember it.

Anyway, it's kind of neat that I've been on probably at least 2,300 miles of one highway that spans a listed 2,460.

Yup..... I-10 terminates at Pacific Coast Highway (CA SR1).

There's nothing quite like driving Route 66 in the 60's though. :DD

Fun Fact: The Interstate Highway System was patterned after Hitler's autobahn system. Dwight D. Eisenhower was so impressed with it he brought the concept back to the US after WWII. Also adopted it's concept of directly connecting all the major cities and military bases at the time as a way to move civilians and troops around in case armed conflict ever came within our borders.

Reactions: Summer Rose

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I drove the entire "interstate" system in Hawaii. Still had time left to hit the beach. :D

Reactions: Jakey53

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City

I drove/rode on I-10 between Jacksonville and Lake City many times growing up, and drove on it moving here in 1994. Including the stretch of I-10 through NoLa, as I spent a night there....then drove to CA many times since moving here, including at least once all the way to Santa Monica...

One thing I *hadn't* done since moving here, was drive it east through Texas, which I just had the chance to do last month (i drove to Titusville on family business) and didn't take it, opting for I-20, eastbound just because I'd never done it (and hated the El Paso-San Antonio stretch) and westbound because Hurricane Delta had caused all the hotel rooms from Baton Rouge to Houston to be occupado.

In childhood 'I-10' meant that I was really going somewhere far away and exotic, now it's 'meh, gotta take the freeway'.

I discovered last month that some Florida rest areas have an auto windshield wash now, where you park on the loop (like at a stop light), and a pipe squirts water at your windshield.

Reactions: Summer Rose

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
Hawaii stores :)

A buddy of mine lived in the same apartment complex IZ did. He said he loved the pool :)

Went on a parasail trip and heard what I thought was Sublime. Turned out to be Pepper.

Saw half a commercial airline plane on the beach at the North Shore once, turned out they were filming Lost.

Tried to bodysurf the North Shore when I was 11. My mom turned her back and I was on the pipeline! It hurt. I was pushed into coral...

On my honeymoon, lol, westward side. The waves where huge. My wife and I are in the water, but she is too scared to go in further. I tell her you can't stop here, the waves break here. She doesn't listen. I found her top less, upside down, 50 yards towards the beach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad