OT: The Arizona Coyotes Lounge XVII - Office Space

Status
Not open for further replies.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Congrats! I’ve got a couple of boys. Aged 6 and 3. Get some noise cancelling air pods quickly before your wife knows what’s up. It’s too late for me. My wife is wise to it.

My daughter isn’t happy. She wanted a little sister.

i feel for her cuz my daughter is like the best kid ever. I don’t think I’ve ever had a moment when I’ve thought to myself “holy shit, what did I do?” with her.

Every one of my friends who had boys at a young age, they were hellions haha.

On the contrary, I know when my boy gets older, I only have to worry about one penis, when my daughter gets older I have to worry about all of them.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
My daughter isn’t happy. She wanted a little sister.

i feel for her cuz my daughter is like the best kid ever. I don’t think I’ve ever had a moment when I’ve thought to myself “holy shit, what did I do?” with her.

Every one of my friends who had boys at a young age, they were hellions haha.

On the contrary, I know when my boy gets older, I only have to worry about one penis, when my daughter gets older I have to worry about all of them.
I’m not sure it’s the penises. I think it’s the screeching and hormones and stuff. I don’t know much about that though.

My boys are good. They’re just sooooooooo loud.

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018

While living in eastern San Diego county there was a flock of macaws that periodically made the rounds. Hundreds of them. The story was it began with a few birds that were dumped by smugglers fearing getting caught with them, and years earlier their numbers grew. Noisy bastards too.

Difference is I like the lovebirds

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I'm curious if anyone has riden in a Waymo robotaxi....how was the experience?

I think full (level 5) self driving is still decades away, but even level 3 features should make car travel much safer.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
I'm curious if anyone has riden in a Waymo robotaxi....how was the experience?

I think full (level 5) self driving is still decades away, but even level 3 features should make car travel much safer.

I have, about 20 times, although not lately obviously. It's generally pretty smooth - sometimes a little glitchy on the routing, but not enough to be a problem. I live in a townhouse complex that tends to confuse it, so occasionally I'd have to press the 'Pull Over' button to get it to give up. The operator usually just sits there and doesn't touch anything, although he or she always has to be, you know, "ready". So it looks like they're driving, but you can tell by watching the steering wheel they're not the ones turning it. I got into this routine where I'd walk for a given number of miles in one direction, then when I felt like returning to the start, just summon a Waymo. (and if the wait time was too long, use Uber or Lyft).
Not really cheaper than Uber/Lyft, but, no gratuity :). (they still ask for feedback though: "how was your ride?" "what was wrong with it?" etc)

Unless the territory has changed, it's generally in a box bounded by Mesa/McQueen, Baseline, 48th St, and...Riggs I think.

Reactions: MIGs Dog

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Unless the territory has changed, it's generally in a box bounded by Mesa/McQueen, Baseline, 48th St, and...Riggs I think.
I.e. probably only the routes they have pre-mapped

We're so hilariously far away from a fully autonomous vehicle. Tesla fanboys get all got up in the Musk and think it's right around the corner but no...not even close.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I think level 4 autonomy, where the car does the driving in most conditions, will be here very soon. The problem is safely making it available considering idiot drivers will become complacent and not be ready to assume the controls on short notice.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City

I just looked it up, it has indeed changed. It's actually smaller a bit. It's now roughly Arizona/Country Club, Southern, Kyrene, Ocotillo Rd (not on the res, though). And it's a little west of Arizona Ave now, because I live just west of it, and would now have to walk about 200 yards NW to get to the edge of the boundary. Hm.

rt

May 13, 2004
New gear. You can keep the Easter colored, powder puff girl crap. This is the way...Although the brown is a little too orangey for my taste.
View media item 8218
I just caved a few mins ago and bought a reverse retro t-shirt and a reverse retro sweater. I'm a sucker. LOL

thumb.aspx

thumb.aspx

Reactions: bluesXwinXtheXcup

rt

May 13, 2004
I can't help it. I love the gear when there's no bizarre clipart cacti trim. I love the purple. I love the Kachina head. I love the 1992 A Tribe Called Quest style vibes.

87turbobuick

Jan 13, 2011
Phoenix
The last sports team item I bought was when the Cardinals moved to the valley, went to Smitty's and bought some red sweats. Will buy a new hat once in a while if I play a good golf course. I have a Phoenix Cardinal hat that I found in my fathers things after he passed a few years ago. I also have a Coyotes New Breed holographic plastic cup they gave away at a company event.

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
The last sports team item I bought was when the Cardinals moved to the valley, went to Smitty's and bought some red sweats. Will buy a new hat once in a while if I play a good golf course. I have a Phoenix Cardinal hat that I found in my fathers things after he passed a few years ago. I also have a Coyotes New Breed holographic plastic cup they gave away at a company event.

I was a Cardinals fan back in the day.

1980's.

Then they left and we got the Rams.

Won the Superbowl.

Then they left.

Once, shame on you.
Twice, shame on me.

Not going to happen a third time. I haven't watched a NFL game since.

Sorry for the rant...

Reactions: Summer Rose

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
Looking to buy a used Hyundai Elantra for a Christmas present for my daughter. Anybody even dealt with Showcase Honda on Camelback? Going there tomorrow...

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I was a Cardinals fan back in the day.

1980's.

Then they left and we got the Rams.

Won the Superbowl.

Then they left.

Once, shame on you.
Twice, shame on me.

Not going to happen a third time. I haven't watched a NFL game since.

Sorry for the rant...

The NFL has shit all over the city of St. Louis like the NHL has Atlanta. I don't blame you.

I blame Kroenke.

rt

May 13, 2004
Looking to buy a used Hyundai Elantra for a Christmas present for my daughter. Anybody even dealt with Showcase Honda on Camelback? Going there tomorrow...
I’ve never been to showcase Honda. I’ve purchased a new ‘12/13 (?) Elantra and a new ‘12/13 (?) Tucson and a used 2018 G80 (lease buy-back/pass-through from a family member) and a used 2018 Santa Fe (same situation) all from San Tan Hyundai.

Overall positive experiences, I would say. I haggled very aggressively and walked away multiple times on the first two. Took 9 days. It was Greco Roman stuff. They were good sports. I ended up happy.

The second two were straightforward. They offered a lease buyback price to the original lease holders (my wife’s parents) who passed those offers through to me. It was obviously a great deal on those, so I just accepted the offered price. Took two hours.

Those are the only cars I’ve ever bought from any dealership.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I’ve never been to showcase Honda. I’ve purchased a new ‘12/13 (?) Elantra and a new ‘12/13 (?) Tucson and a used 2018 G80 (lease buy-back/pass-through from a family member) and a used 2018 Santa Fe (same situation) all from San Tan Hyundai.

Overall positive experiences, I would say. I haggled very aggressively and walked away multiple times on the first two. Took 9 days. It was Greco Roman stuff. They were good sports. I ended up happy.

The second two were straightforward. They offered a lease buyback price to the original lease holders (my wife’s parents) who passed those offers through to me. It was obviously a great deal on those, so I just accepted the offered price. Took two hours.

Those are the only cars I’ve ever bought from any dealership.

Just yesterday the Wall Street Journal car review guy said the G80 was the best car you can get for $70k. He's talking about the new second gen model yr 21 of course. It's hard for me to wrap my head around spending that much on a car, but I suppose it's all relative.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Just yesterday the Wall Street Journal car review guy said the G80 was the best car you can get for $70k. He's talking about the new second gen model yr 21 of course. It's hard for me to wrap my head around spending that much on a car, but I suppose it's all relative.

$70k for a daily driver for the average middle class person (which is probably most of us) is indeed excessive. If $70k is chump change to you and you’re a driving enthusiast? Expensive toy. I wish I had that kind of money. Said $70k car would certainly not be my daily driver though, and sure as hell not a Honda G80.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad