OT: The All-Purpose Video Game Thread: Part III

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
I think i am going to go to the dark side and get an Xbox instead of PS5.
Bethesda making their games exclusive, with possibly elder scrolls being xbox only is going to send me over the edge.

The hard part is i hate xbox controllers compared to playstation.
For me I think not having Bethesda might give the PS a check instead of a minus!

Still pissed I got doom eternal this past Christmas and took months to play it, only to find there's a glitch in the most updated version where your movement is gimped to less than 50% of your full speed with some controllers. But after so many months, no return. So maybe I'll borrow someone's control one day bc the three I own don't work. One friends did. He lives across the country. :(

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Any recommendations for a game computer under $1k for by 8 year old? He primarily plays moded minecraft, roblox (and builds some basic servers) and TABS on my older sons Omen gaming CPU.

Was looking at this one but any recommendations?
iBUYPOWER element Mini 9300 PC

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Anyone playing Amazon's flagship title, New World? I've been in many of the closed alphas/betas and it's a solid open world survival/MMORPG hybrid. Promising for sure.

Kravtsov420

May 4, 2019
I know i'm going to sound like a total loser, but i'm trying to relive my early childhood nostalgia out with one of the best games of all time. I just wanted to know if anyone else plays. Anyone play Old School Runescape?

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
What are the best games for Xbox series X (including backwards compatible ones). I have red dead 2 and some other older games like GTAV, I have NHL and NBA, looking for something else though. Something exclusive since I play most of everything on PC.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
What are the best games for Xbox series X (including backwards compatible ones). I have red dead 2 and some other older games like GTAV, I have NHL and NBA, looking for something else though. Something exclusive since I play most of everything on PC.
Love Flight Simulator on Series X. Excited for Forza Motorsport.

Reactions: mas0764

Do you want ants

Thats how u get ants
Jul 2, 2015
What are the best games for the PS5?

Never mind. I can't find one. :P
Check out target. They normally have morning drops towards the end of the month. It’s in store pick up only so you don’t have to worry about bots.

FFVII intergrade has been great so far. Returnal was pretty good. I really like ghost of Tsushima and look forwarded to the upgrade and new map.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
I would really like a PS5 - I have a PS4 and PS3 - but the thing is just massive, and hideous. I think I'd like to wait for a PS5 slim/redesign, but how long might that be?

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
I would really like a PS5 - I have a PS4 and PS3 - but the thing is just massive, and hideous. I think I'd like to wait for a PS5 slim/redesign, but how long might that be?
The PS5 is so cool looking what you talkin bout
The PS4 was the ugly one imo
Loved my original fat glossy Ps3 too

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
I know i'm going to sound like a total loser, but i'm trying to relive my early childhood nostalgia out with one of the best games of all time. I just wanted to know if anyone else plays. Anyone play Old School Runescape?
Dw. Relative to this board you literally could never sound bad just bc you have fond memories of something old. I tried to go back several times but I couldn't get my old character despite logging in to my old account and I wasn't redoing everything it took to get my guy as beefed up as he was so I never went back.

That and gunz the duel called out to me on occasion.

Kravtsov420

May 4, 2019
Dw. Relative to this board you literally could never sound bad just bc you have fond memories of something old. I tried to go back several times but I couldn't get my old character despite logging in to my old account and I wasn't redoing everything it took to get my guy as beefed up as he was so I never went back.

That and gunz the duel called out to me on occasion.
wooooow thats a name i have not heard in a very long time, gunz the duel holy shit totally forgot about that game

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
I got a PS5 last month and have been playing demons souls remake over and over and over , PS5 needs some more games to come out already!

Salvage21

Jan 11, 2009
The Poconos, PA
I'm a little late to the party, but I just started playing Disco Elysium. Good stuff!

dude. Fantastic game. Its kind of game where I’m dying to play through again, but also don’t want to play through again because that first run was so personal to me. Really struck a nerve- in the best way possible. Haven’t connected with a game emotionally like that since walking dead season 1

Reactions: Nickmo82

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
I play less and less games. I log-in to FFXIV every once in a while and am slowly crawling towards the end of the main story (but there's another expansion coming later this year), but I don't really get too into the end game raiding or any of the additional stuff. The way I play, you'd think it was an offline game except for when I use the duty finder for grouped content.

I tried Valhalla, played about 30% of it, loved the setting but it just didn't hold me. The last game I actually played from start to finish was called GreedFall (pretty cool game, honestly... worth checking out) and before that God of War. God of War was the last modern video game to really keep me gripped and I kind of miss that feeling. Oh, and FFVII remake, but it didn't grip enthrall me like GoW, it was just pure nostalgia and a well done game.

I want to get a PS5. At the minimum, I'll need it for eventual next gen hockey (even if it's still just as frustrating as current gen and even if this year they make no improvements - eventually I won't be satisfied playing NHL on old gen) but I think largely, my patience and free time for gaming is just waning. Hockey is my passion and NHL is easy to hop on and play a few games or progress your franchise a bit without a big time investment. But sometimes I really have the itch for a good action/fantasy title that isn't brutally difficult like Dark Souls. I miss the N64 Zelda days.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad