OT: The All-Purpose Video Game Thread: Part III

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
Now you’ve gotten me started. Even the Thunder Plains music is just wonderful.

Macalania Woods the second time you visit is incredible too.

Also, while it will go down as a weaker game, FFXIII has an incredible sound track. Similar heavy piano usage to FFX.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
I should really go on a search, there are so many games in the series, where I'm not familiar with the soundtrack. Sure to find some more gems.

Never played FF XIV but "On Windy Meadows" has just an incredible vibe to it. Perfect FF exploration-like theme.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Finally beat Bahamut in FF VII remake. Had to be one of the hardest battles in the game. He is bad ass though and hope his support is worth how many times it took me to beat him. Lol.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Finally beat Bahamut in FF VII remake. Had to be one of the hardest battles in the game. He is bad ass though and hope his support is worth how many times it took me to beat him. Lol.
I’m ashamed to admit I switched to easy mode to beat Bahamut. Maybe I’ll try it on normal eventually but I just wanted his materia without the fuss. And that SILVER trophy lol.

Last edited:

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Regardless of where you stand on FFX as a video game, I think it is pretty much undeniable that it has the best soundtrack in FF history.
Indeed.

Great soundtrack, great story, great simple and fun battle system. Easily one of my fav games of all time.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
I still adore FFXI anyone any game with VII/VIII coming close.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
I still adore FFXI anyone any game with VII/VIII coming close.
I actually started playing on a free to play FFXI "retro" server last year, really gave me that nostalgia rush from 15+ years ago that i missed. Then it became too much of a time investment so I had to quit. But it was fun while it lasted.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
1000000000000% yes.

You will know what im talking about when you get there.

I had to go back to Chapter 9 and still have to finish battles in the arena. Finished all the ones in the simulator. Decided to give Hell House on Hard mode another chance and finally beat it. Aerith’s Planet Protection saved the day. She is so much more powerful and worth having in your party for the magic ability. I enjoy playing as all of them and the battle simulations really let you discover their strength and weaknesses.

I hope part 2 is just a continued story with same battle play, and can maybe transfer some of your stats and items over to the next game. I mean makes you wonder why you cannot get past level 50, and think there are even more summons and materia out there. Only question is Red XIII and other characters would need to be developed from scratch.

Reactions: GoAwayStaal

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I think, back in the day, I messed up my FF Tactics Advance save and somehow blocked myself from getting the final job that needed to be done before getting to the final boss/job. Like hell I was restarting all that work.

Also played Crystal Chronicles on the GameCube. I remember the first time I got multiplayer to work with the weird GameBoy Advance controller adapters, and I was so excited.

Good times.

Salvage21

Jan 11, 2009
The Poconos, PA
Regardless of where you stand on FFX as a video game, I think it is pretty much undeniable that it has the best soundtrack in FF history.

For me, it’s definitely FF6. Absolutely beautiful even in-spite of limited hardware.

Edit: also really glad to see how many people are enjoying Ff7 remake. It’s definitely on my ever growing list of games to play.

Reactions: Leonardo87

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think it was RedXIII, then came Auron.

Not that it is remotely easy to actually think of anyone.

Here goes another: Who's your FF crush?

Mine, maybe awkward, Selphie from FFVIII.

Red XIII is up there for me for favorite. Which was disappointed you couldn’t play as him in this last game, but at least he had some decent screen time in the last few chapters. “I’m not a Rat Dog”

As per crush, has to be Tifa, I can’t stop staring at her.... um gloves, she has very nice gloves to fight with.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Favorite FF character : Cait Sith!

Psyche.

I always thought Squall was so cool , he always got a bad rap. The Gunblade is cooler than the Buster Sword Imo. As for crush, I never had one until the remake but now Aerith is my ultimate dream Waifu.

Reactions: Leonardo87

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad