OT: The All-Purpose Video Game Thread: Part III

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
Exactly. The core is there for a good game but it's the little things that are irritating year after year. It's the only hockey game on the market and it shows. They put no effort into it.

You just need to buy it every 5 years at most to appreciate it.

That said, it's garbage compared to things like The Show.

In Be a Pro, they still refer to you as a rookie when you're years deep into your career. Come on!

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
When the hell is anything interesting coming out for PS5? Lmao
I’ve basically just been playing Chel, GTA, Red Dead & Kingdom Hearts. Might as well still be playing my PS4 :laugh:

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
How the heck do I even get my hands on a PS5?
The best way to do it (how I was able to get both a series X and PS5) is follow Twitter accounts that do stock alerts and then set them up so you get push notifications for those accounts. Then jump on them when you see an alert.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
If I get EA NHL 21, is Xbox platform better than PS? Im probably getting a console to play NHL and not much else.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
If I get EA NHL 21, is Xbox platform better than PS? Im probably getting a console to play NHL and not much else.

That’s pretty much what I do. I may try one or two other games a year, if that. I would honestly say get the console that the controller feels the best in your hand if you’re just playing hockey. For me that’s PS.

Reactions: will1066

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Are you planning to play online with friends? Get the system they have. Otherwise it doesn't really matter too much, they are identical. Maybe go with which controller you feel most comfortable with.

Reactions: will1066

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Are you planning to play online with friends? Get the system they have. Otherwise it doesn't really matter too much, they are identical. Maybe go with which controller you feel most comfortable with.
Thanks. Planning to play alone. Im not a gamer at all but just got the sudden urge to play video game hockey again.

Reactions: LokiDog

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Just beat RE8: Village

Good game, but they need to just go back to what made this series so great, and bring back characters I wanna see like Jill, Leon, Etc.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
I’ve basically just been playing Chel, GTA, Red Dead & Kingdom Hearts. Might as well still be playing my PS4 :laugh:
Forbidden West was just reconfirmed for 2021. That is the game that MAY drive me to buy a ps5, although they also confirmed it will be coming out on ps4 this year as well

Reactions: EdJovanovski

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
get a PC :)

but gaming has screeched to a halt over the past year and a half.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->