OT: The All-Purpose Video Game Thread: Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
OH MY GOD I never thought I'd see EU4 here. Love that f***ing game.

Any good stories? I was doing a Brandenburg->Prussia->Germany run and randomly PU'd Russia in like 1750 and stopped playing because it was easy mode, but not before converting the Pope to Protestantism of course.

05893F50332A2A1E85FD4DE865A810B6A53D1CCB

Last edited:
Reactions: Kupo and Rangers743

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
It's fantastic. I highly suggest you pick it up. It's so well done. graphics, textures, mechanics. Same bones but man does it play like bio-hazard.
I haven’t had a console since Gamecube, just always wanted them to remake it. One of my all-time favorites.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
I haven’t had a console since Gamecube, just always wanted them to remake it. One of my all-time favorites.
Haven't had one since PS2 for me.

Had to take so many breaks playing RE:2 cuz my heart was going to explode. Playing alone at night, with the crows busting through the wood covered windows...I shut the TV and walked out I'd had enough, I'm a p***y lol

MetalJaws

Mar 12, 2014

A couple videos on youtube show the side by side comparison, it's insane. Look into it, you wont regret it.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
OH MY GOD I never thought I'd see EU4 here. Love that ****ing game.

Any good stories? I was doing a Brandenburg->Prussia->Germany run and randomly PU'd Russia in like 1750 and stopped playing because it was easy mode, but not before converting the Pope to Protestantism of course.

05893F50332A2A1E85FD4DE865A810B6A53D1CCB

I've replayed that game countless times. France. Spain. Japan. With and Without cheat codes. On Easy. Hard. Alone. With friends. What makes this game so unique is the replay factor.

****. It's been a few years but just talking about it is bringing that itch back!

Reactions: EpicDing

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
I've replayed that game countless times. France. Spain. Japan. With and Without cheat codes. On Easy. Hard. Alone. With friends. What makes this game so unique is the replay factor.

****. It's been a few years but just talking about it is bringing that itch back!

Yeah same, I've been kicking around a few run ideas but nothing really jumps at me.

saluki

Nov 18, 2017
I didn't know there was a video game thread on this site. Gaming has been my #1 hobby for a long time.

I couldn't find modern game to play that engaged me so I decided to go back and give a game called Oblivion another run-through. Younger people might not know it; its the predecessor to Skyrim. The games are very similar.

I'll tell you what: I'm having the time of my life. That game is a masterpiece. Coming from Morrowind there were certain things I didn't appreciate when it came out, like the auto-leveling, but I have so much more respect for what they tried to accomplish now. They created a game world where you could go anywhere and do anything you wanted, in any order.

I'm running around casually closing random Oblivion gates but I'll eventually have to go back and re-activate the main quest (I'm just trying to draw the game out). I think any gamer who likes RPGs could still have a blast with Oblivion, even if they haven't played older RPGs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Turbosperg

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
I didn't know there was a video game thread on this site. Gaming is has been my #1 hobby for a long time.

I couldn't find modern game to play that engaged me so I decided to go back and give a game called Oblivion another run-through. Younger people might not know it; its the predecessor to Skyrim. The games are very similar.

I'll tell you what: I'm having the time of my life. That game is a masterpiece. Coming from Morrowind there were certain things I didn't appreciate when it came out, like the auto-leveling, but I have so much more respect for what they tried to accomplish now. They created a game world where you could go anywhere and do anything you wanted, in any order.

I running around casually closing random Oblivion gates but I'll eventually have to go back and re-activate the main quest (I'm just trying to draw the game out). I think any gamer who likes RPGs could still have a blast with Oblivion, even if they haven't payed older RPGs.

Oblivion is the best game in the entire series, AINEC!

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I didn't know there was a video game thread on this site. Gaming is has been my #1 hobby for a long time.

I running around casually closing random Oblivion gates but I'll eventually have to go back and re-activate the main quest (I'm just trying to draw the game out). I think any gamer who likes RPGs could still have a blast with Oblivion, even if they haven't payed older RPGs.
You'll enjoy this forum then ;)

Geek Emporium

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY
I didn't know there was a video game thread on this site. Gaming has been my #1 hobby for a long time.

I'm running around casually closing random Oblivion gates but I'll eventually have to go back and re-activate the main quest (I'm just trying to draw the game out). I think any gamer who likes RPGs could still have a blast with Oblivion, even if they haven't played older RPGs.

Skyrim was my first in the series and I've always heard good things for the other installments.

Also, Left Alive drops in a week. It has giant mechs and I'm here for it.

saluki

Nov 18, 2017
I have no qualms that Skyrim is a great game. Millions of people adore it (my nephews included).

For some reason I just can't quite get going on it. I think it's the fact I come from an older generation of TES gamers; I've spent so many thousands of hours on those games.

I have the same problem with The Witcher 3. I've played from the tutorial to the first town like 4 times and have petered out every time. I loved the 1st two Witcher games.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I have no qualms that Skyrim is a great game. Millions of people adore it (my nephews included).

For some reason I just can't quite get going on it. I think it's the fact I come from an older generation of TES gamers; I've spent so many thousands of hours on those games.

I have the same problem with The Witcher 3. I've played from the tutorial to the first town like 4 times and have petered out every time. I loved the 1st two Witcher games.

power through it.

You won't regret it.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Thoughts on the RE2 reboot?

I loved it – though the emotional cut scenes were (as always) meh, and as it turned out I wound up not exploring the chief's office, but beyond that awesome.

Is it worth going back and playing as the other character?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad