The All Purpose Thread | Relevant Rivalries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I'd have the most confidence in him not to get overawed by the situation or lose his head after a bad ten minutes. Having watched the Pens turn Bobrovsky, Holtby and Rinne into sweaty pumpkins, that's pretty big to me.

Most confident over all? Dunno. I like what Ogrezilla said about him being in Group A.

I like the fact he hasn't played too much. Seen a lot of Tampa fans say Vasilevsky shows every sign of having been overplayed. It would be nice if he was in a groove going into it, but he still has time to do that. I'm not sure Tampa has time to rest Vasilevsky properly.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Yeah, that makes sense. Take ZAR, who was red hot before he went down with an injury, away from the center that was pretty much responsible for that. Your reasoning is that he is too slow, yet you want to replace him with Hornqvist who surely isn't winning fastest skater anytime soon. That in turn breaks up the 1 line that really Jumpstarted this team. My guess is you want to move Kessel to Sid's wing. Contrary to this whole Brass and Kessel not working, yet Kessel has contributed to I believe all of Brass's 5v5 points.
no idea what you are talking about, Horny replacing ZAR? ZAR plays LW exclusively, those are Sully's words, they reshuffled the entire line up to have him play LW. Jake is there now with Sid and that won't change. ZAR Brass and Kessel won't work, that line would have zero possession, if you can't see that, I can't help you, thats why ZAR has to have someone who is fast and can forecheck on his right flank

RizzleMcRib

Cheeseburgers and rocket ships.
Jun 17, 2014
Wherever there are cheeseburgers.
no idea what you are talking about, Horny replacing ZAR? ZAR plays LW exclusively, those are Sully's words, they reshuffled the entire line up to have him play LW. Jake is there now with Sid and that won't change. ZAR Brass and Kessel won't work, that line would have zero possession, if you can't see that, I can't help you, thats why ZAR has to have someone who is fast and can forecheck on his right flank
Where did Sully say he was exclusively playing a player who played RW in college and WBS on the LW?

And about Phil and Brass not working together..? If you can't see they do, I don't know what to tell you.

Last edited:

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Yep.

If Murray doesn't have people's confidence by now, I'm not sure what he could possibly do.

I have confidence he won't melt down in a Maf-esque fashion.

I'm not sure I have confidence he'll be lights out like he was the past two seasons. You never know with goalies but his play overall this year has been subpar so it's a bit optimistic to hope for better in the playoffs. Obviously he can be elite. He has been in the past. But unless you think he's gonna flip the switch it seems hard to count on getting the same level of goaltending we have in the past. Sometimes even the best have off years. Look at how Price has played this year.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

I'm not sure I have confidence he'll be lights out like he was the past two seasons. You never know with goalies but his play overall this year has been subpar so it's a bit optimistic to hope for better in the playoffs. Obviously he can be elite. He has been in the past. But unless you think he's gonna flip the switch it seems hard to count on getting the same level of goaltending we have in the past. Sometimes even the best have off years. Look at how Price has played this year.

How though?

The biggest thing about Murray was how he didn't let stuff get to him..

Then Brock Boeser owned his ass and he let him get to him. Really got to him. I'm like 80% confident he's able to keep that level headedness but that incident showed me he can be "gotten to."

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

Murray's earned the benefit of the doubt when it comes to playoff performance. Until he actually falls flat on his face come playoff time, he's one of the last guys I'm going to start doubting.

And even if he does do badly this playoffs, I'm still going to give him the benefit of the doubt due to the personal stuff he had to deal with this year.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
How though?

The biggest thing about Murray was how he didn't let stuff get to him..

Then Brock Boeser owned his ass and he let him get to him. Really got to him. I'm like 80% confident he's able to keep that level headedness but that incident showed me he can be "gotten to."

He let stuff get to him in the Tampa series. The mental side of his game, but it was it never invincible.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
Yep.

If Murray doesn't have people's confidence by now, I'm not sure what he could possibly do.

I fully trust Murray's ability People who say "oh anyone could play behind this team" don't understand or don't watch this team in depth

What I don't have confidence in Murray is his ability to remain injury free . The last 2 playoffs he wasn't available to start Game 1 . That's not a good trend

Reactions: Warm Cookies

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006

Right. But the question was:

Is Matt Murray the goalie you have the most confidence in out of Eastern Conference teams in the playoff picture?

And yes, he is. Frankly, there's no other goalie in the league I'd rather have between the pipes for us. He's had to deal with some terrible extenuating circumstances this year, but he still inspires more faith from me than any other goalie.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Murray hasn’t lost a playoff series yet and the other goalies have. :laugh:

Murray could lose a series this year and still have the same feeling in my mind.

I just think goalies like Holtby, Rask, and Bob have shown they can be liabilities. And Vask while great this year lost the last two series he played as a starting tender in.

Murray’s the kind of tender that gets blown out two games in a row and comes back and pitches two shutouts.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh

yR0eJlp.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad