The All Purpose Thread | Relevant Rivalries

Status
Not open for further replies.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
ZAR is a weird guy in 10 games he had 4 goals and 2 assists, on only 16 shots, thats the one thing I thought of him that he could be just a guy that puck follows, I cannot see any discernable high quality skill in his game, but he seems to get things done, however he does not struck me as f1, he is just to slow for that role, so I'd like to see Rust on the opposite flank and Brass in between

move Horny with sid and Jake, than you have Hags Geno and Kessel and your fourth can be anything, with Sheahan in the middle (Sheary, Simon, kuhn, still respectable, or go dramatic put Simon or Sheary with Sid and have dynamite fourth with Simon/kuhn/Sheary - Sheahan - Horny

Reactions: ColePens

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
ZAR is a weird guy in 10 games he had 4 goals and 2 assists, on only 16 shots, thats the one thing I thought of him that he could be just a guy that puck follows, I cannot see any discernable high quality skill in his game, but he seems to get things done, however he does not struck me as f1, he is just to slow for that role, so I'd like to see Rust on the opposite flank and Brass in between

Oh I think there's consensus here that ZAR isn't anything special with his physical tools. He's got a nose for the puck/high hockey IQ. But let's ride whatever offense he's gonna give Sid right now until it dries up.

RizzleMcRib

Cheeseburgers and rocket ships.
Jun 17, 2014
Wherever there are cheeseburgers.

move Horny with sid and Jake, than you have Hags Geno and Kessel and your fourth can be anything, with Sheahan in the middle (Sheary, Simon, kuhn, still respectable, or go dramatic put Simon or Sheary with Sid and have dynamite fourth with Simon/kuhn/Sheary - Sheahan - Horny
Yeah, that makes sense. Take ZAR, who was red hot before he went down with an injury, away from the center that was pretty much responsible for that. Your reasoning is that he is too slow, yet you want to replace him with Hornqvist who surely isn't winning fastest skater anytime soon. That in turn breaks up the 1 line that really Jumpstarted this team. My guess is you want to move Kessel to Sid's wing. Contrary to this whole Brass and Kessel not working, yet Kessel has contributed to I believe all of Brass's 5v5 points.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Running out of games before playoffs start. Need ZAR to see some action again before heading into round one.. not the best time for a rookie with 10 games played to come back from an injury. Be a different story if he was being called up from WBS.

NeedleInTheHay

Mar 26, 2008
I kind of assume they’re being saved for the final game. Get some of Blueger, Sprong, Pedan, Bengtsson and possibly Jarry in. Maybe Jooris, too.

Nope. That last game could easily determine home ice or even dropping to a wild card.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I kind of assume they’re being saved for the final game. Get some of Blueger, Sprong, Pedan, Bengtsson and possibly Jarry in. Maybe Jooris, too.

I think whatever their ideal playoff line up a guy like Jooris or any of those others would be in right now if it was plan A.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I think whatever their ideal playoff line up a guy like Jooris or any of those others would be in right now if it was plan A.

I doubt any of them are part of their ideal lineup but they’ll rest as many important pieces as they can in the final game. I’d say it’s a question of choosing any of them over Rownhack but that monstrosity was a choice many times this season.

The question is whether or not Kuhnhackl is part of their ideal lineup.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I doubt any of them are part of their ideal lineup but they’ll rest as many important pieces as they can in the final game. I’d say it’s a question of choosing any of them over Rownhack but that monstrosity was a choice many times this season.

The question is whether or not Kuhnhackl is part of their ideal lineup.

I’d say he would be part of it. A Kuhnhackl-Sheahan-Sheary would be a good 4th line. Kuhnhackl brings that size Sheary seems to need and Kuhn’s an extra guy for the PK.

I’d imagine one of Kuhnhackl, Rowney or Jooris will play.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Here’s a question..

Is Matt Murray the goalie you have the most confidence in out of Eastern Conference teams in the playoff picture?
I wouldn't say anyone is clearly better than him, but he is clearly better than some.

Edit: ...if he stays healthy.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I wouldn't say anyone is clearly better than him, but he is clearly better than some.

Edit: ...if he stays healthy.

Well, I would say right now of the likely playoff teams in the East the only goalies playing better are the backups...Grubauer and Kincaid...but will Trotz and Hines have the guts to play those guys when the POs start? TBD...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad