The All Purpose Thread | Relevant Rivalries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Can you point me to where that evidence is?

Mackey's chat transcripts and 20 thoughts would be a good place to start looking; mentioned a few times last season that Sid doesn't like playing with Horny. Plus his most recent 20 thoughts was a paean to the close relationship between Sully and Sid.

Old Gregg

I'm Old Gregg!!
Apr 13, 2010
Not going to lie...even if we secure a playoff spot i would really like Kessel in the lineup. Even if he is playing only a couple minutes. He is our only hope at someone breaking Craig Adams' iron man streak.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Mackey's chat transcripts and 20 thoughts would be a good place to start looking; mentioned a few times last season that Sid doesn't like playing with Horny. Plus his most recent 20 thoughts was a paean to the close relationship between Sully and Sid.

Doesn't like playing with him =/ is actively requesting not to play with him. I think if Sully asks Sid what he wants in a line, Sid would probably tell him, but I don't think he's pulling a Gladams and going into his office with a coffee and a cackle to demand Guentzel instead of Horny or whatever.

Reactions: canadianguy77

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Doesn't like playing with him =/ is actively requesting not to play with him. I think if Sully asks Sid what he wants in a line, Sid would probably tell him, but I don't think he's pulling a Gladams and going into his office with a coffee and a cackle to demand Guentzel instead of Horny or whatever.

Which doesn't conflict with what I said. I didn't say he was making demands or requests because I have no evidence for that.

I said he has at least a big voice - or to put it another way, his opinions on who he should play with are listened to and given a lot of weight. How, why, at whose request he gives them - don't know.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

Suddenly, I'm not so sure that Sullivan will insist on playing Rowney when everyone is healthy. It's also possible that the Penguins aren't allowed to play Jooris if they have 12 healthy forwards. Based on jersey colors, it looks like ZAR is wearing the same color jersey as Rust, which makes me think that he'll be back with Sid once he's healthy.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011

Suddenly, I'm not so sure that Sullivan will insist on playing Rowney when everyone is healthy. It's also possible that the Penguins aren't allowed to play Jooris if they have 12 healthy forwards. Based on jersey colors, it looks like ZAR is wearing the same color jersey as Rust, which makes me think that he'll be back with Sid once he's healthy.

This is confusing to me. Rowney is injured, so how does that make you sure Sully won't play him when he's healthy?

Peat

Jun 14, 2016

My money's on Jooris not being allowed if there's 12 healthy forwards.

Although, given his super high possession stats, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets recalled at some point.

Will be interesting to see how Simon goes on the 4th.

This is confusing to me. Rowney is injured, so how does that make you sure Sully won't play him when he's healthy?

Because if Sully's not clinging to having his 5th PKing centre on the 4th line, then the case for Rowney getting a place back in the team when fit is a lot weaker.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
My money's on Jooris not being allowed if there's 12 healthy forwards.

Although, given his super high possession stats, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets recalled at some point.

Will be interesting to see how Simon goes on the 4th.

Because if Sully's not clinging to having his 5th PKing centre on the 4th line, then the case for Rowney getting a place back in the team when fit is a lot weaker.
If Rowney is injured and Jooris can't play, then I don't see how that indicates anything, TBTH.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017

I don’t think he plays when we are healthy. He was scratched before ZAR and Simon went down. I think it’ll come down to Kuhnhackl and Simon as the #13 (the other being in).

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Glad Simon is getting 8 games in before the playoffs start. Hoping ZAR gets at least 5. Since hes only had 10 on the year...wouldnt want to see him struggle in the playoffs, allowing Rowney back into the lineup.

RizzleMcRib

Cheeseburgers and rocket ships.
Jun 17, 2014
Wherever there are cheeseburgers.

That will make me happy. Push Sheary to the 4th line and scratch Kuhn

Guentzel - Sid - ZAR
HGH
Rust - Brassard - Kessel
Simon - Sheahan - Sheary

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
We don't know if that's the case. That was my point.
Pretty sure since Jooris is an emergency call up once we have 12 healthy forwards he goes back down. Neither Rowney or Jooris are options, so it's pointless to draw any conclusions on what kind of line-up choices Sully might make. That's my point, and why yours made no sense to me.

Reactions: EightyOne

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Pretty sure since Jooris is an emergency call up once we have 12 healthy forwards he goes back down. Neither Rowney or Jooris are options, so it's pointless to draw any conclusions on what kind of line-up choices Sully might make. That's my point, and why yours made no sense to me.

This is it. If Simon is back then Jooris has to go down unless they use one of their regular call ups on him. Until ZAR is healthynor they use a regular call up they only have 12 forwards to play.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
that third line will suck, however it would be bold swap Rust and simon, that would give us a really strong 4th line and I don't think anything would change for Sid (rust or simon or whoever is there does not amke a whole a lot of difference unless Sid flip the switch) Sid's best work came with jake and sheary it tells you all youn need to know.
I'd still keep sheary with sid and in that cae maybe Rust on 3LW with Brass and Phil would be a good option

oohh this gets complicated...

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
This is it. If Simon is back then Jooris has to go down unless they use one of their regular call ups on him. Until ZAR is healthynor they use a regular call up they only have 12 forwards to play.

If they really wanted Jooris in though they wouldn’t be worried using a regular call up with 8 games remaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad