The All-Purpose Peter Horachek Thread

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
oh nothing. according to some people in this thread horachek had permanently damaged the leafs offense and they were going to average 1 goal a game for the rest of the season

theyre still pretty close to that average under horachek.

Wendigo

Nov 27, 2013
I was sympathetic to his plight until tonight--the Leafs lost all momentum as soon as they pulled Reimer. Total brainfart....

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
I was sympathetic to his plight until tonight--the Leafs lost all momentum as soon as they pulled Reimer. Total brainfart....

Only Horachek would put in a goalie with a gash in his leg to finish off a period where you are leading and you backup is playing fine.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
The 10 straight losses the worst mark since the 1967 Leafs so Horachek must be modeling his coaching after the last Cup team. ;)

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
At this rate, Horachek may never get to be a head coach again.

almost feel bad for him

Wendigo

Nov 27, 2013
Only Horachek would put in a goalie with a gash in his leg to finish off a period where you are leading and you backup is playing fine.

I suspect Bernier had a say--they're not going to put him in if Bernier doesn't say he isn't feeling 100%, not at this level. Confirms my suspicion that Bernier plays for Bernier not for the team. Adds a whole new level of stink to the matter.

Im Old Gregggg

Jun 22, 2010
Kitchener, On
Kinda feel bad for the guy but he's an expert tank commander.... He will be so bad I doubt he will never sniff another top NHL position again BUT he will be idolized by man Leaf fans for being the guy to really jam the stick in the spokes to force a rebuild

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
I suspect Bernier had a say--they're not going to put him in if Bernier doesn't say he isn't feeling 100%, not at this level. Confirms my suspicion that Bernier plays for Bernier not for the team. Adds a whole new level of stink to the matter.

Any time you ask a player "are you ready to go?", they will say yes, even if they are injured.

Its part of being in a team.

Wendigo

Nov 27, 2013
Any time you ask a player "are you ready to go?", they will say yes, even if they are injured.

Its part of being in a team.

Ah, the whole "it's part of being a team" defense; part of being a team is also giving your teammates their due--it trumps the empty "Put me in coach" any day.

bennerwha

Mar 30, 2009
Brilliant move pulling Reimer!!
My boy Petey will take us to the promised land.
Keep up the good work...Hopefully Petey is the 2016 coach as well.... every Kane needs his Toews.
Bernier did not cut himself either he had an accident of the brownish kind.
True trooper. Change clothes, get hosed off and complete the TANK!
God bless, Bernie, god bless

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Horacek is definitely minor league quality. As an interim coach it really doesn't matter, but he's definitely the wrong stuff.

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
This guy will be a head coach in the league for as long as he wants.

He'll just bounce around from team to team to whoever is tanking.

I'm guessing he got the coyotes job locked up for next season.

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
Horachek the tank commander.

Wonder if we can even afford to resign him after this year. Have to assume Edmonton is going to give him a blank cheque to coach them next year.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
Toronto Maple Leafs head coach Peter Horachek explains why he put Jonathan Bernier back in net early in the 3rd period.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/2015/02/03/leafs-suffer-franchise-tying-10th-straight-loss.html

The Leafs were down 2-1 late in the second when starting goalie Jonathan Bernier pulled himself from the net after making a save on Matt Cullen. He had cut himself with his skate and needed 12 stitches. James Reimer finished the period and started the third.

With Reimer in net, the Leafs scored twice — Nazem Kadri and Mike Santorelli — to take a lead early in the third.

Then Bernier re-appeared, all stitched up, and gave up two goals.

“It was his game,” said Horachek. “He came back out ready to play, wanting to play. I felt like that kind of character in him, wanting to get back into the game, was important. Him being one of our leaders, I thought it was important for him to get back into the game.”

Bernier was in enough trouble with the fanbase after that goal from mid-ice last week at home to Arizona. And now possible win became an absolute loss.

“I wanted to come back,” said Bernier. “It was tough. You ask if you should go out there when it’s 3-2 (for Toronto). I wanted to go out there and do my job and show the guys that I care.”

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
Brilliant move pulling Reimer!!
My boy Petey will take us to the promised land.
Keep up the good work...Hopefully Petey is the 2016 coach as well.... every Kane needs his Toews.
Bernier did not cut himself either he had an accident of the brownish kind.
True trooper. Change clothes, get hosed off and complete the TANK!
God bless, Bernie, god bless

This post is amazing

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
I'm clearly in the minority here but despite us losing, and me not trusting this core whatsoever, I feel Horachek has the Leafs playing the best hockey they've played in quite a few years.

I won't lost sleep if he's not brought back, but I won't mind him coming back either if Babcock doesn't pan out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad