The All-Purpose Peter Horachek Thread

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
I'm clearly in the minority here but despite us losing, and me not trusting this core whatsoever, I feel Horachek has the Leafs playing the best hockey they've played in quite a few years.

I won't lost sleep if he's not brought back, but I won't mind him coming back either if Babcock doesn't pan out.

absolutely. 1-11 in their last 12 and 3 wins in their last 21 or something lol. that's the best hockey the've played in my books as well

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
I'm clearly in the minority here but despite us losing, and me not trusting this core whatsoever, I feel Horachek has the Leafs playing the best hockey they've played in quite a few years.

I won't lost sleep if he's not brought back, but I won't mind him coming back either if Babcock doesn't pan out.

Get a thermometer and take your temperature......I say a high fever:naughty:

That is horrible hockey we are watching......he has absolutely no idea what he is doing....I honestly can say that his decisions on who is on the ice in key situations have been horrible...but I will excuse him for a few things....Kessel is as spoken about....uncoachable....my god what a poor excuse for a hockey player he is right now.

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
I was starting to give Horachek the benefit of the doubt but...keeping bozak on the top line and top PP has made me lose all confidence in him.

Either he has instructions from higher up (shanny/dubas) to tank or he doesn't understand what he's doing

Giuseppe Sallo

ELE-VAT-ED
Apr 20, 2007
Back to L.A
twitter.com
Pretty obvious Kessel is the problem, he seems like he doesn't give a ****, piss poor attitude. We just don't see it because he's two-faced...he is another Bargnani/Gay. Once we get rid of him the team will get moving.

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
I was starting to give Horachek the benefit of the doubt but...keeping bozak on the top line and top PP has made me lose all confidence in him.

Either he has instructions from higher up (shanny/dubas) to tank or he doesn't understand what he's doing

see bolded above

but being serious- how that could even be possible is beyond me. It's career suicide for a coach, who would sign on for that. But maybe that's what it is, I don't know.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory

He is completely over whelmed.....he can not assess how players are playing while the game is on.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Get a thermometer and take your temperature......I say a high fever:naughty:

That is horrible hockey we are watching......he has absolutely no idea what he is doing....I honestly can say that his decisions on who is on the ice in key situations have been horrible...but I will excuse him for a few things....Kessel is as spoken about....uncoachable....my god what a poor excuse for a hockey player he is right now.

When we were winning games we shouldn't have been winning, we were still ragging on the coaching staff. Now we're playing a lot better than we were when we were winning those games but the coach is getting the heat?

You guys do know that the core is going through their 3rd coach now?

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON
Brilliant move pulling Reimer!!
My boy Petey will take us to the promised land.
Keep up the good work...Hopefully Petey is the 2016 coach as well.... every Kane needs his Toews.
Bernier did not cut himself either he had an accident of the brownish kind.
True trooper. Change clothes, get hosed off and complete the TANK!
God bless, Bernie, god bless

Beautiful post. Brings a tear to my eyes :').

-McDavid/Eichel-Mathews
Leivo-Nylander-Brown

Just need to fall to second. With Tank General Horachek and his Lieutenant-General Bernier running the show, anything is possible.

Gary Batman

Aug 4, 2014
Brilliant move pulling Reimer!!
My boy Petey will take us to the promised land.
Keep up the good work...Hopefully Petey is the 2016 coach as well.... every Kane needs his Toews.
Bernier did not cut himself either he had an accident of the brownish kind.
True trooper. Change clothes, get hosed off and complete the TANK!
God bless, Bernie, god bless

Just Brilliant! :laugh:

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Not the right guy, yes ok we look better on D but now we can't score at all.

We need a mix we need to be able to score AND defend.

Someone needs to be brought in that can provide balance

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Lay off Horachek. He had no chance.

That's just not true shortly before he took over this team was the highest scoring team in the NHL

All he had to do was find balance but he focused so much on D that he choked the life out of the offence completely.

He had a chance, he had a good one he just ****ed it up

YOYOTCROSTER*

Tank nation loves Horachek. Gotta love the Trotz defensive system. All defence and zero offence with personnel who hate defence. It spells a top 3 draft choice by seasons end. Hannafin or Strome hard to pick one.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Lay off Horachek. He had no chance.

In the NHL they fire under performing management employees they don't lay them off. :)

Kidding aside I wonder if there is a point of losing where Horachek can actually be fired before the year is out?

He might end his Leaf tenure as the losingest coach of all time.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
In the NHL they fire under performing management employees they don't lay them off. :)

Kidding aside I wonder if there is a point of losing where Horachek can actually be fired before the year is out?

Mess, it definitely would be a travesty.

It's not Horachek's fault this core isn't winning games. He clearly has them playing a solid brand of hockey. We've seen our D improve, and O is still creating chances. Our core is absolutely flawed, though. Our top 6 produces chances off the rush, and can not generate any offense from forchecking or cycling the puck, maybe only Santo's line does.

This core needs to change. I 100% believe that.

Last edited:

hfdshdh

Unregistered Abuser
Jan 11, 2015
That's just not true shortly before he took over this team was the highest scoring team in the NHL
Every underlying stat showed that that wasn't going to last, and the team had already gone off a cliff before Carlyle was even fired.

This was coming regardless of who was coaching. If anything, it'd be worse under Carlyle because not only would the team not be scoring, but they'd still be allowing 36 shots a game instead of the 25 or so they've been allowing per game under Horachek.

Tank nation loves Horachek. Gotta love the Trotz defensive system. All defence and zero offence with personnel who hate defence. It spells a top 3 draft choice by seasons end. Hannafin or Strome hard to pick one.
The forechecking and PP systems are exactly the same as they've been all season, and they're generating the same number of scoring chances now as they ever did with Carlyle coaching.

As Steve Dangle said, more than anything this losing streak is just wizardry, voodoo and bull****.

....well, and maybe a little inconsistent goaltending + Kessel playing like he's waiting to be traded.

Last edited:

Hotel Mario

Feb 4, 2013
Thunder Bay
Just this last game it was evident that certain players are held accountable, where others are entitled to their ice time no matter how poorly they perform. Carlyle did the same thing. I believe this is making the dressing room a toxic environment, which is obviously detrimental to developing players.

Secondly he NEVER wins :laugh:

There should be no chance he returns next season, but stranger things have happened with this franchise!

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008

you can't fire someone who is not holding that position.:)

all he did was step up in name only to fill a void when they released RC

he is/was not hired as the leafs coach

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
He might be the worst coach in the history of the league with all due respect to Glen Hanlon.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Putting Bernier back in, was the wrong call..... big time.

It's one thing, if the game was tied 0-0 and Bernier was standing on his head. It's another however, if your team is down 2-0, then up 3-2 when he's ready to go back in. Momentum had changed in the Leafs favour, not smart to make any change at that point.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
I had no problem with him until the Nashville game when he brought Bernier back after the Leafs came back and Reimer was playing well. Your hurt goalie leaves while losing and returns after you're winning and then you lose, that decision was a mistake, but it did help Tank nation.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
He was put in an impossible position. Come in part way through, and teach this team how to play responsible hockey (after years of fire-wagon). The core is fragile, entitled and lazy at times, and are prone to epic collapses.

I feel bad for the guy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad