The All Purpose Pens Off Day Thread - Injuries, Practice, Lines, etc (Dumo Injured - 8 weeks)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
The Penguins are averaging 3.7 man games lost PER GAME.

If the Penguins lose Hornqvist to injury that's 31.2M in cap space on the shelf. Insane.

I dunno... it sucks because the way this team was playing had me really optimistic this year but I don't see a way past all of this.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
seems weird but yeah, the only thing I can think of is trade or maybe they want to sign Noesen....which they should do imo

He's been doing great in the AHL, I just don't know if it will transfer. It didn't with a Devils and they let him walk. Stars gave him a PTO and released him. That's the only thing that makes me nervous on him. Plus, I believe he will have to go through waivers to get up to the team. Is another ZAR what we need?

If the Penguins lose Hornqvist to injury that's 31.2M in cap space on the shelf. Insane.

I dunno... it sucks because the way this team was playing had me really optimistic this year but I don't see a way past all of this.

Its still only December. If everyone comes back healthy in the next 2 months...there's still plenty of time to start firing again.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Its still only December. If everyone comes back healthy in the next 2 months...there's still plenty of time to start firing again.

Most of these injuries are longer term and to extremely pivotal players. There is also post-injury recovery time to take into consideration. IF the team can ever reach the point of being mostly-healthy, then it could already be too late. They've been absolutely digging as deep as a team can for weeks. You can't keep up that kind of intensity forever, especially as you shed even MORE players to injury you already cannot afford.

I just don't see it. There isn't enough left. Add in the fact that two guys in Gooch and Murray who should be forming the very small core of players left that can give them a chance are shitting the bed hard every night.

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
He's been doing great in the AHL, I just don't know if it will transfer. It didn't with a Devils and they let him walk. Stars gave him a PTO and released him. That's the only thing that makes me nervous on him. Plus, I believe he will have to go through waivers to get up to the team. Is another ZAR what we need?

It’s worth a shot for Noesen over Blandisi but yeah, there might be a waiver issue....I would agree with you regarding a push in February if I thought we’d be close enough to a PO spot by then...I don’t have a lot of confidence in that given the current state of our goaltending...if we were getting great goaltending then I think we could wait it out

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I did say i would sign Noesen+get him up here and bring up AJ too.
Right now Agg's, AJ and Noesen are stirring the drink for Wilkes and all are NHL capable.

I think what happens with Noesen is is miscast in a 4th line NHL role.
His game is sorta Justin Williams-esque and should be played in the top 9 scoring role BUT i do wonder if it's a speed issue. Theres nothing left but to try him now if Horny's out. Already know what AJ, Agg's bring.

Reactions: Andy99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad