The All Purpose Pens Off Day Thread - Injuries, Practice, Lines, etc (Dumo Injured - 8 weeks)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Continue

Last few posts

Are the Penguins' injuries merely bad luck or something more?

I thought this was kinda BS...I mean that would have to be the case for every team with older players who have played a lot of POs...I don’t see Ovi, Backstrom or Oshie having the same issues...the fact is Geno and Letang and Horny have always been injury prone even in their 20s due to genetics/physical limitations and style of play...I’m not sure you can say age has anything to do with these injuries...

We play the Devils on their b2b. I expect a win because Boyle isn't playing for them.

no bud...they played tonight and we play them Friday so they’ll have a day off...we play the Leafs Saturday who also will be playing a b2b...

Oh I thought we play Thursday. My fault.

I had 3 hernia's in my lifetime (both sides ruptured equaling 1 surgery to fix both - so only 2 total surguries).

Who has had more hernia's, present yourselves. If not.......
giphy.gif

I'm unfamiliar with that version. Any relation to the Mike Yeo one?

A Flames fan proposed Brodie + Frolik for Galchenyuk + Bjugstad with retention on Chucky to make it equal cap wise.

Would you do it?

Guentzel - Crosby - Simon
McCann - Malkin - Rust
Tanev - Blueger - Frolik
Kahun - Lafferty - ZAR

Dumo - Letang
Pettersson - Schultz
Brodie - Marino

No...we can’t trade Bjug now with Sid out unless it’s for someone who can play center

Posted that on the wrong thread.

I wouldn't NOT do it for that reason. The Pens already played (and more than survived) without Bjugstad.

McCann played C
Lafferty can play C
You could recall Blandisi

Frankly, I prefer any of them to Bjugstad at C. At least McCann and Lafferty.

And you'll have Geno and Blueger.

Now, I suppose you COULD object and say 'what if Geno gets hurt'. Well, if that happens, with Sid out, it's not like having Bjugstad will make a difference.

Here is my preferred forward lineup with Sid out...

Jake-G-Rust
Gally-McCann-Tanev
Simon-Bjug-Kahun
ZAR-Blueger-Lafferty

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
@KIRK
From what I’ve seen and heard, the coaches don’t want to play Lafferty at center...I’m not saying he wouldn’t be a good one, just that I wouldn’t pencil in a lineup rn that includes him at center...therefore I do t see Bjug moving on for the time being

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
@KIRK
From what I’ve seen and heard, the coaches don’t want to play Lafferty at center...I’m not saying he wouldn’t be a good one, just that I wouldn’t pencil in a lineup rn that includes him at center...therefore I do t see Bjug moving on for the time being

Oh, I don't see Bjugstad being moved either.

I'm just saying that I personally prefer McCann and Lafferty at C to him.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Oh, I don't see Bjugstad being moved either.

I'm just saying that I personally prefer McCann and Lafferty at C to him.

SO what you are saying is..

Galchenyuk - Malkin - Bjugstad
Kahun - McCann - Rust
Guentzel - Lafferty - Simon
ZAR - Teddy - Tanev

Sad part is that bottom nine is pretty much text book depth in terms of what Sullivan wants. Tenacious, hard working and 200 ft players.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
SO what you are saying is..

Galchenyuk - Malkin - Bjugstad
Kahun - McCann - Rust
Guentzel - Lafferty - Simon
ZAR - Teddy - Tanev

Sad part is that bottom nine is pretty much text book depth in terms of what Sullivan wants. Tenacious, hard working and 200 ft players.

Something like that . . . :laugh:

giphy.gif

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
To be honest, why have they not just let Malkin becoming a winger at this stage in his career though?

I'm sure you're being sarcastic, but I do think Geno should transition to RW. But I'm alone on that. I think it'll free him up to playmake more but I'm sure people will be even more mad because even less defense/appear more lazy etc etc.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I'm sure you're being sarcastic, but I do think Geno should transition to RW. But I'm alone on that. I think it'll free him up to playmake more but I'm sure people will be even more mad because even less defense/appear more lazy etc etc.

I’m not. At this point in his career it’d likely save him some damage to his body and it isn’t like they could not just do what McD and Drai do with McCann taking certain draws and covering defensively.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Why can't we just stick Chucky at C? he prefers being at C from what I gathered before we got him.

Because Cs have to be smart all over the ice and Galchenyuk is dumb as a rock. No awareness, terrible positionning, never moves his feet.

I do not care if he prefers playing C, it is a receipe for disaster. Worked in juniors because he had three times more skills than everybody. Never was gonna work at the pro level.

Reactions: ChaosAgent

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
I’m not. At this point in his career it’d likely save him some damage to his body and it isn’t like they could not just do what McD and Drai do with McCann taking certain draws and covering defensively.
If we're going to go down that route, a guy like Bonino (LIKE, I said like, let's not start that debate again...) to play between Malkin and Chucky. Someone really good defensively, brings some jam, and can allow his wingers to do what they do in the offensive zone.

If Bjugtad was a little tougher to play against I'd say he could do it, and McCann just seems like more of a winger at this point. I wonder if that's where your trade is at, him for a more 2/3C kinda guy, someone with less offensive upside but physical and good in their own end.

(This is more of a thought exercise because I'm bored, I do not support and/or condone the use of Malkin on the wing right now. Although full disclosure: I fantasize about a X-Crosby-Malkin second line when they start to slow down so they can ride off into the sunset together.)

Last edited:
Reactions: EightyOne

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
So 4-6 weeks turned into AT LEAST 6 weeks? Sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad