The All Purpose Pens Off Day Thread - Injuries, Practice, Lines, etc (Dumo Injured - 8 weeks)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
I’ll have you know, the Pens have already done that. Due to injuries and JR carrying 50 D to start the season. I’d trade ZAR for a depth D easily. He’s not the worst but he can go even with the injuries.
I didn’t mean to imply that you guys have not tried this option, only that Buffalo currently is using it due to an excess at the position.

I wasn’t clear enough on my follow up point though that the Pens are lacking depth at F as well so the only chip I figured was available were later round Draft picks.

Sorry I wasn’t clearer. It’s not my intention to come across with any tone of, “What team X needs to do!” Especially the Pens, I have a limited amount of knowledge of your lineup and prospect pipeline and look forward to learning more from you folks.

Cheers

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I didn’t mean to imply that you guys have not tried this option, only that Buffalo currently is using it due to an excess at the position.

I wasn’t clear enough on my follow up point though that the Pens are lacking depth at F as well so the only chip I figured was available were later round Draft picks.

Sorry I wasn’t clearer. It’s not my intention to come across with any tone of, “What team X needs to do!” Especially the Pens, I have a limited amount of knowledge of your lineup and prospect pipeline and look forward to learning more from you folks.

Cheers

I was kidding and not angry. I'll apologize for the wires getting crossed.

They have done it. Their issue hasn't really been that they have no D depth. They lack the great quality depth you'd hope for and some haven't lived up to hopes, but the injuries have been so unreal and they've lost bigger players. They've had the depth to play Riikola on the wing when they couldn't call a forward up and they had 9 D on the roster before trading Gudbranson. If they could get a better depth D than Ruhwedel or Riikola I'd be all over that. Otherwise, they're still okay on the supposedly warm body front.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
Riikola will now get a chance to play a consistent string of games, on his natural side, without fear that a single mistake will send him to the healthy scratch list for the forseeable future. Lets see what he does with it.

Reactions: Giskard

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Because we can’t make due with what we have?

Maybe if Tanger was 100%, but he can barely skate down the ice and back.

But who is out there that's going to make that much of a difference to the blueline? Sure if we can land a legit top pairing guy, but that's not available. So we're stuck with paying probably a premium because other teams know the Pens are desperate for someone who probably isn't much of an upgrade over guys like Riikola/Ruhwedel/Trotman.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
So of our starting line-up, fully healthy, the ones in bold have been injured. Bold and red for at least 10 games this season - or will be

Jake - Crosby - Simon
Galchenyuk - Malkin - Rust
Tanev - McCann - Horny
Blueger - Bjugstad - Zar

Letang - Dumo
Pets - Marino
Johnson - Schultz
Ruhwedel

Murray
Jarry

Ignore lines, just for visual.

5 Forwards and 4 D left uninjured and 2 G.

Unreal..

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
Any update on Bjud recently?

Feel like he's gonna get traded for a cap room when healthy so JR can make a maneuver on defense

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
I was kidding and not angry. I'll apologize for the wires getting crossed.

They have done it. Their issue hasn't really been that they have no D depth. They lack the great quality depth you'd hope for and some haven't lived up to hopes, but the injuries have been so unreal and they've lost bigger players. They've had the depth to play Riikola on the wing when they couldn't call a forward up and they had 9 D on the roster before trading Gudbranson. If they could get a better depth D than Ruhwedel or Riikola I'd be all over that. Otherwise, they're still okay on the supposedly warm body front.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
The dreaded double post
giphy.gif

Last edited:

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
I triple posted so rather than waste them I thought I'd inject some poor humour:

Painful:

giphy.gif

Funny:

giphy.gif

Painfully funny :
giphy.gif

It looks like a Pittsburgh Forward Line.

Last edited:

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
So of our starting line-up, fully healthy, the ones in bold have been injured. Bold and red for at least 10 games this season - or will be

Jake - Crosby - Simon
Tanev - McCann - Horny
Blueger - Bjugstad - Zar

Letang - Dumo
Pets - Marino
Johnson - Schultz
Ruhwedel

Murray
Jarry

Unreal..
tenor.gif

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

Jake - Crosby - Simon
Tanev - McCann - Horny
Blueger - Bjugstad - Zar

Letang - Dumo
Pets - Marino
Johnson - Schultz
Ruhwedel

Murray
Jarry

Unreal..

And it’s December 2nd. They’ve played a 3rd of the season, didn’t start healthy and it would be a bad end of season total.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I don't like the Malkin/Horns combo but I'll take it over Simon. Plus usually when they stick Malkin with Horns it's some jobber like ZAR on the other side. With Guentzel skating on his LW it should mitigate some of Horns' weaknesses. Honestly I'd still rather they try Tanev first but whatever.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad