The All Purpose Pens Off Day Thread - Injuries, Practice, Injuries, Lines, More Injuries, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I'm not saying he's been terrible. I'm saying he's been a mixed bag. I'm not advocating he be sent to the salt mines or whatever.

Yeah wasn't trying to blast you, I just think sometimes people don't give enough consideration to the ages of McCann and Pettersson. They're younger than some of our prospects, so a mixed bag should be expected.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Yeah wasn't trying to blast you, I just think sometimes people don't give enough consideration to the ages of McCann and Pettersson. They're younger than some of our prospects, so a mixed bag should be expected.

But I demand instant gratification and unrealistic improvement!

But no really I don't want either guy going anywhere but I can't help but be a little let down by both of their seasons, particularly MP. Still time to make up for all that and thensome, of course.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
But I demand instant gratification and unrealistic improvement!

But no really I don't want either guy going anywhere but I can't help but be a little let down by both of their seasons, particularly MP. Still time to make up for all that and thensome, of course.

This is actually why I have faith in Pets even though I am not happy with his season. He's far from the first young dman who struggled. He won't be the last youngster, either.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I think he had flashes of potential last year and some stretches where he even looked downright solid and simply figured he'd keep taking steps this year. And he just really hasn't. But like I said the season isn't over.

Uh... probably.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I do definitely recall Pettersson looking more poised on the puck and aggressive with his gap control last year, but at the same time, pixies isn't wrong that Pettersson's numbers have been very static despite taking a big step forwards in terms of level of competition (which maybe accounts for why he now seems to have less time) and playing an extra minute a night at 5v5 - slightly ahead in p/60 and corsi/shots, slightly behind in scoring chances and high danger chances. And that is impressive. Might be interesting to dig into the video and see just how different his play really is if I had a spare day and lots of video.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I’m convinced that part of this is that Pettersson is an awkward looking player and people expected a significant step forward. He’s a flawed player and he definitely screws up but you’d think he was playing like a 7D the way people go on. He just looks memorably ugly on he ice at times, basically the new Maatta.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
This is going to be interesting. I hope they turn up the ice mics. I love hockey sounds. The skates on the ice, pucks on sticks, the shit talking :naughty:

Maybe they'll play crowd noise over the PA system. :help:

Reactions: Andy99

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
i have no doubt they will...lol...but it won’t necessarily be because they’re playing well or scoring at will..
Well, what other possible reason could there be? Anyways, that's what I choose to believe. And has the illustrious George Costanza stated........... ''it's not a lie if you believe it''.

Reactions: Andy99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad