The All Purpose Pens Off Day Thread - Injuries, Practice, Injuries, Lines, More Injuries, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
It seems like the end result will be the rest of the season is going to get canceled.

They will probably suspend the season tomorrow, then eventually it will get canceled.

I wonder how the draft would work if the season is canceled? The Pens have a condition on the 1st round pick they traded to the Wild, I wonder how the season getting canceled would effect the pick?

I imagine they’d get to choose what draft it goes in. And by imagine I mean hope because how awesome would it be to get Zucker and a pick at like 15.

Reactions: cheesedanish87

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
It seems like the end result will be the rest of the season is going to get canceled.

They will probably suspend the season tomorrow, then eventually it will get canceled.

I wonder how the draft would work if the season is canceled? The Pens have a condition on the 1st round pick they traded to the Wild, I wonder how the season getting canceled would effect the pick?

I thought they would just delay it a few months? not like totally cancel it. If they did Pens keep their 1st in 2020 due to no playoffs, fork up their 2021 1st to Wild and our 3rd in the Mearleau deal stays a 3rd instead of a 2nd but I am pretty sure NHL will resume where they left off in a few months. Mearleau will now head back home, probably on his way now.

DeadPuckEra

Dec 19, 2014
I don’t know that they will cancel the season.

I could see them playing the playoffs in the fall, having a month break after the cup, then going into a lockout type season.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
I thought they would just delay it a few months? not like totally cancel it. If they did Pens keep their 1st in 2020 due to no playoffs, fork up their 2021 1st to Wild and our 3rd in the Mearleau deal stays a 3rd instead of a 2nd but I am pretty sure NHL will resume where they left off in a few months. Mearleau will now head back home, probably on his way now.

You can't delay the season for a few months then resume playing, training camps for next year open in September, you have to have an off season.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
It's really hard for me to see the season resuming after a 2 or 3 month stoppage.

Are they going to have arena availability for all the teams?

What about TV contracts?

NBC broadcast's the Olympics in July(if they happen) they aren't going to be able to televise NHL playoff games.

Then you got the local TV deals.

ATAT Pittsburgh shows Pens and Pirate games, both teams usually play at the same time.

I just can't see the NHL resuming unless it's a short stoppage which seems unlikely.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
It's really hard for me to see the season resuming after a 2 or 3 month stoppage.

What about TV contracts?

NBC broadcast's the Olympics in July(if they happen) they aren't going to be able to televise NHL playoff games.

ATAT Pittsburgh shows Pens and Pirate games, both teams usually play at the same time.

I just can't see the NHL resuming unless it's a short stoppage which seems unlikely.

Arena Availability: How many blockbuster tours are really coming through in the summer, anyway? Here's Columbus's non hockey events: Events | Nationwide Arena. PPG Paints in June just has James Taylor, Ringo Starr and the Weeknd. Doesn't seem tough.

TV Contracts/Local TV Deals: Assuming this goes straight to the playoffs more or less...the playoffs are covered much more nationally. Plus NBC/NBCSN will be happy to broadcast the local market games should the AT&Ts of the world foolishly opt for the Pirates instead. Hopefully the AT&Ts and MLB.tv would work out some cheap/free/legal streaming of baseball.

The Olympics: Not happening.

If "the worst has passed" by late April-early May I do see the NBA & NHL seasons picking back up. With next season delayed.

EVGENIMERLIN

Jun 29, 2009
Los Angeles, CA

What about TV contracts?

I am with you. I don't think this will be a 2-3 week stoppage but more like 2-3 months and there are so many logistics to work out. Ya know how during the playoffs they suddenly have to tweak game times because of concerts and other venue events that are booked and sold months in advance which now land on a playoff game day? it would be like that for every team for 3-4 weeks of games THEN playoffs.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Can someone print off a few thousand of these, sneak into the Columbus arena, and have them be the crowd?

U6QgMDo.png

Reactions: WayneSid9987

RSPens

May 25, 2015
When the scientists test why and how he was immune, they will have discovered it was due to a high dose of nitrates and carbs in his diet.
Or the fact that he avoid any and all contact with other humans...especially in front of the net or along the boards, in the corners...watching a movie at home.

Reactions: CascadiaPenguin

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I hear a rumor there will be a decision at 1pm today on NHL possibly suspending games?

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Glad we wasted assets for rentals for a push for the cup. If the season is canceled, can we return Marleau and get our 3rd back?

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad