The All Purpose Pens Off Day Thread - Injuries, Practice, Injuries, Lines, More Injuries, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Guys, guys. You've got this all wrong.

Play the Yakkity Sax theme on a loop and speed everything up to 3 times normal speed. That's what they should do.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Torn on ZAR's return.
On one hand, it may get Blueger/Tanev going again and analytically it's supposed to be really hard to score on that line but on the other hand Lafferty+ERod made a buzzing bottom 6 forecheck as witnessed in Jersey.

Hope for the best, i suppose.

ETA: No fans is gonna be super weird if implemented.
Will probably be the first NHL game that does it so all eyes on us...

DeadPuckEra

Dec 19, 2014
Western PA has been fortunate enough to not have any cases of this yet, canceling parades and such, multiple events that would draw outsiders in.

Then there’s the Penguins... who are looking to rock a full hou$e...

Also, the NBA just suspended their entire season.

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018
A truly amazing overreaction.
It’s not. It’s appropriate. The way to turn this into nothing all that bad is to act quickly to slow the spread. Acting as though everything is normal is the way to turn it into a tragedy. Slow the spread, allow those who need care to get it, and we move on without a lot of people dying when they don’t have to.

DeadPuckEra

Dec 19, 2014
A truly amazing overreaction.

You would know one to see one.

I’ll bite though, it’s not about younger people. It’s about the fact that the elderly population, and potentially people with underlying issues are at risk.

There are not enough hospital beds, nor ventilators in the United States to sustain the elderly population alone - meanwhile the thousands that will be showing up to the hospital.

Doctors will be weighing options as to who lives and who dies. We’ll pick up this discussion in about a month, and like everything else I’ve disputed with you, I’ll be spot on.

Good luck to you and yours.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Torn on ZAR's return.
On one hand, it may get Blueger/Tanev going again and analytically it's supposed to be really hard to score on that line but on the other hand Lafferty+ERod made a buzzing bottom 6 forecheck as witnessed in Jersey.

I think that might jumpstart that 4th line again, the Bart line or whatever people named it, as it were. I just don't know who else you take out right now, Bjugstad is a useless turd so f*** that wanker, but Rodrigues has been playing better, but it wouldn't be a bad thing to rotate some guys in, keep them fresh, sit guys that need to be sat with having a healthy NHL option, not a bad problem.

Reactions: WayneSid9987

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Great news once NHL season gets suspended for a month or 2 before resuming, JAKE IS COMING BACK FOR THE PLAYOFFS!!!

This whole shitshow will be blown over in a month or 2, will give the Pens a long much needed break from being a bunch of shitties, also means next season will be another shortened season.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Great news once NHL season gets suspended for a month or 2 before resuming, JAKE IS COMING BACK FOR THE PLAYOFFS!!!

This whole shitshow will be blown over in a month or 2, will give the Pens a long much needed break from being a bunch of shitties, also means next season will be another shortened season.
giphy.gif

Reactions: 66-30-33

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Torn on ZAR's return.

ZAR is such a great defender that he's going to keep the corona away from the team!

Reactions: WayneSid9987

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
It seems like the end result will be the rest of the season is going to get canceled.

They will probably suspend the season tomorrow, then eventually it will get canceled.

I wonder how the draft would work if the season is canceled? The Pens have a condition on the 1st round pick they traded to the Wild, I wonder how the season getting canceled would effect the pick?

Reactions: pixiesfanyo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad