The All Purpose Pens Off Day Thread - Injuries, Practice, Injuries, Lines, More Injuries, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Praise be to Fancy Sexy Jesus.

We have our own Jesus

sc7wlm1k_400x400.jpg

Reactions: OGBobbyFarnham

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Thats the spirit, Andy! :laugh:

The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior I believe the saying goes...lol...

I just hope these guys are truly healthy when they make their returns and they’re not coming back because we’ve lost four straight and desperation over JJ is setting in...:)

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
We have to find a way to keep Riikola in the lineup. He's not perfect, and he may not even be good, but he's markedly better than several other options we have.

I also think JJ's been much better with Marino this season than Petts has. As weird as that is to say.

Dumo-Letang
JJ-Marino
Petts-Riikola

We won't, but we should.
Riikola-Letang
Dumo-Marino
Pettersson-Schultz

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Should be interesting to see how the forward chips fall once everyone's healthy.

If Bjugs returns, and plays 3C, does that mean McCann can move up to LW with Geno-Rust?

Zucker-Sid-Sheary
McCann-Geno-Rust
Marleau-Bjugs-Hornqvist
Simon-Blueger-Tanev
ZAR/E-Rod

Might not be a bad setup. I've liked the McCann-Rust combination in the past.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Riikola-Letang
Dumo-Marino
Pettersson-Schultz
I'm not sure Riikola's the guy who can/should play with Letang, and that bottom pairing has been doodoo except for like one pre-season game. I love the Dumo-Marino pairing, but I don't think it's a possibility without leaving Letang or Riikola in a bad spot.

I'd seriously like to see us try Dumo-Letang, Riikola-Marino as the top-4. Riikola may prove incapable of handling the role, but I don't see how he'd be worse than JJ or Petts, who have both been horrendous--JJ due to an increased role he can't handle, and Petts, well, Petts has been garbage all year.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Should be interesting to see how the forward chips fall once everyone's healthy.

If Bjugs returns, and plays 3C, does that mean McCann can move up to LW with Geno-Rust?

Zucker-Sid-Sheary
McCann-Geno-Rust
Marleau-Bjugs-Hornqvist
Simon-Blueger-Tanev
ZAR/E-Rod

Might not be a bad setup. I've liked the McCann-Rust combination in the past.

I really don’t like McCann at wing...he hasn’t shown me a lot, particularly with Geno...I’d move up Marleau, but even so, I don’t think Rust-G-Horny is going to change unless Horny cools off, nor should it...that line’s been carrying the team...hopefully Sid and Zucker can get off the schneid and make L1 a force...because that’s what we really need out of the lineup...

Last edited:
Reactions: KIRK

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
It blows my mind how this team can watch Riikola play so well for the vast majority of his games this season (not denying that there have been hiccups or flat-out stinkers, but far less than those of Petts, JJ, Schultz or Ruh/Trotman) and he's still the odd man out as soon as someone returns from injury--and sometimes just arbitrarily. :laugh:

Endlessly frustrating.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Anywho. Since the D-Pair rushes were the same, this seems like a just getting Dumo/JM back into the swing of things practice(pk'ing practice).

Predict neither well be back tomorrow but next game after a full practice of the pairs they'll use with them back, we'll be back in business.

Reactions: Al Smith
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad