The All Purpose Pens Off Day Thread - Injuries, Practice, Injuries, Lines, More Injuries, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
So just a re-cap of everything:

-Dumo, Marino, McCann practicing with contact jerseys
-Bjugstad in no-contact

Z-Sid-Sheary
Rust-G-Horny
Marleau-Blueger-Tanev
McCann-ERod-Simon(Laff rotating)

JJ-Letang
MP-JS
Riiko-Ruh

^practice trios/duos

-MP plugged in to PP2 for Riiko
-Dumo and Marino practiced PK1 and PK2'ing

Fin.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I... Don't think Petts' issue is size/strength-based. He's just not very smart. :laugh: He's still only 23, so he's got a lot of time to develop and learn, but right now he's flat-out terrible way, way too often, and I don't think it's because he's weak or undersized for his height. He seems slow, very slow, and I don't mean simply skating-wise (though he has been slow in that dept. too). He's slow to read, he's slow to react. He just seems wholly overwhelmed way too many times per game.

Third pairing, sheltered minutes. Let him grow and develop. At his age, he should probably still be getting top minutes in WBS.

Dennis Reynolds

I have to have my tools!
Jun 10, 2011
Paddy's Pub
Pretty tight line up and sounds like Dumo and Marino are going to play or be game time decisions tomorrow.
Didn't Marino say he has another couple weeks before he can play?

EDIT. Here it is.
Pittsburgh Penguins
@penguins

·
Feb 25
Marino on how he's feeling: "Good. Doing better. Obviously, two weeks out of surgery. Still have that minimum of three weeks and just waiting for the rest of the swelling to go down, but it's gotten a lot better."

I misread. He's been out two weeks, still has another week to go. My bet is he returns Thursday next week.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Didn't Marino say he has another couple weeks before he can play?

EDIT. Here it is.
Pittsburgh Penguins
@penguins

·
Feb 25
Marino on how he's feeling: "Good. Doing better. Obviously, two weeks out of surgery. Still have that minimum of three weeks and just waiting for the rest of the swelling to go down, but it's gotten a lot better."

I misread. He's been out two weeks, still has another week to go. My bet is he returns Thursday next week.

Funny how things change when the team slides eh?

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Funny how things change when the team slides eh?

Yeah, but I still don’t think either Dumo or Marino are likely to play in the upcoming b2b....I think they were brought on this trip to get them into a least two practices so that they can play next week...because there won’t be another practice until Monday...with how long at least Dumo has been out, I think it’s likely they want to get him into more than one practice to play next week and that wouldn’t happen unless they came out on the trip...let’s just say I’ll be surprised to see either of them play Friday or Saturday

Reactions: Khelandros

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

honestly, is there anyone more deliberately opaque for no reason that makes sense than Sully...I mean what benefit is the opposing team gonna get from knowing they might get into the game against them...they already know that now anyway since they’re cleared for contact...

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
I don’t think I have any coworkers who are younger than 26 so that’s wild that Pettersson is still 23. :laugh:

And while people like to jump on a stuggling Pettersson, Defenseman do not typically mature till their late 20's because of the nature of the position, so there is a reason to stay patient.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
And while people like to jump on a stuggling Pettersson, Defenseman do not typically mature till their late 20's because of the nature of the position, so there is a reason to stay patient.

He's really young, averaging nearly 3 more minutes a night this year than he did last season due to blueline injuries, and his production and underlying numbers are both still pretty good.

I don't see much to criticize.

Reactions: Hungamania

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
well, he’s the dreaded game time decision for tomorrow so there’s a chance we’ll have every forward minus ZAR and Bjug

Honestly, with the way he's been producing lately, I'm not sure he's *that* big of a loss. I'm more interested in when Dumo and Marino are returning. Of the guys out but close to returning (ie. not Jake), those two are by far and away the two most impactful absences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad