The All Purpose Off Day Thread |

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
What the hell is Sully's infatuation with having Rust/Sid play together?

To troll you? :thumbu:

I hope the rushes only mean that ZAR isn't quite ready yet, although, speaking of strange Sully infatuations, I can't say that I'm surprised that one of Simon/ZAR will ride the bench and Kuhn will play.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
Where would you put Rust?

IMO, I wouldn't want to break up the HGH Line and Sheary looks like he's settling in nicely with Kessel & Brassard.

On L3 At Lw with Brassard and Kessel. They had immediate chemistry and I believe rust had a couple of goals on this line
Sheary is not a board battler (and frankly neither are Brassard or Kessel
And this is me understanding that typically rust is poor at lw

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
On L3 At Lw with Brassard and Kessel. They had immediate chemistry and I believe rust had a couple of goals on this line
Sheary is not a board battler (and frankly neither are Brassard or Kessel
And this is me understanding that typically rust is poor at lw

I'd also be okay trying ZAR there.

I suspect, when all is said and done, that's what will happen, and L4 will be Kuhn-Sheahan-Sheary. Simon will be the 13th forward until Rowney returns. Then, if Sheary falters, I actually could see Kuhn-Sheahan-Rowney.

Excuse me while I take a brief leave to be ill . . .

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
I'd also be okay trying ZAR there.

I suspect, when all is said and done, that's what will happen, and L4 will be Kuhn-Sheahan-Sheary. Simon will be the 13th forward until Rowney returns. Then, if Sheary falters, I actually could see Kuhn-Sheahan-Rowney.

Excuse me while I take a brief leave to be ill . . .
Yup I said earlier that Shearys fancy alley oop pass basically earned him a permanent placement on that line for 3 games
Sheary is a fine utility type player who can play with Sid sometimes and on L4 but keep him away from brass and Geno

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Yup I said earlier that Shearys fancy alley oop pass basically earned him a permanent placement on that line for 3 games
Sheary is a fine utility type player who can play with Sid sometimes and on L4 but keep him away from brass and Geno

And the Brass and Phil combo absolutely. As soon as ZAR is ready, I want one of ZAR or Rust with Sid and the other with Brass and Phil.

EDIT: I don't really want Rust with Sid, but it's clear that Horny won't be with Sid, not for more than a few random periods at this point.

Shaffer

GuentzGoal
May 20, 2017
And the Brass and Phil combo absolutely. As soon as ZAR is ready, I want one of ZAR or Rust with Sid and the other with Brass and Phil.

EDIT: I don't really want Rust with Sid, but it's clear that Horny won't be with Sid, not for more than a few random periods at this point.
I would try Rust with Sid the rest of the regular season and I will hope that they will build some chemistry finally.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
That means he’s playing, yea...only question is where? I’m thinking he’s replacing Simon or Kuhn (we couldn’t be so lucky) on the fourth line....

I will bet big time money he's not replacing Kuhn, sadly. PK is so bad and Sully is going to believe Kuhn is the ideal piece.

Sadly a lot of our PK issues are our defense not boxing out. Simple defensive play is needed by all men.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Six games left, hopefully we play with more structure, particularly with our D zone coverage. Time to shore things up.

Reactions: AverageJoeFan

AverageJoeFan

Mad cat
Feb 15, 2018
Pittsburgh
I will bet big time money he's not replacing Kuhn, sadly. PK is so bad and Sully is going to believe Kuhn is the ideal piece.

Sadly a lot of our PK issues are our defense not boxing out. Simple defensive play is needed by all men.
Is there an adequate argument to go full on offense from a lone perspective rather than having specialty role players like Kuhn in the line-up?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad