The All-Purpose Bryz/Goaltending Thread #7

Status
Not open for further replies.

qalex

Feb 13, 2013
Boucher needs to a) play and b) put in a decent effort for this afternoon's game to let Bryzgalov take a sit-down.

Can I ask - does anyone know why the Flyers have had such an intensive start? They have as many as three games in hand compared to other teams. After a short training camp and in an intense season that seems a bit skewed - I don't get why they didn't try to keep the schedule balanced for everyone? Does anyone have an idea?

This schedule is rough on everyone, but it has to be killer on the goalie. He spends the whole game on the ice.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Can I ask - does anyone know why the Flyers have had such an intensive start? They have as many as three games in hand compared to other teams. After a short training camp and in an intense season that seems a bit skewed - I don't get why they didn't try to keep the schedule balanced for everyone? Does anyone have an idea?

This schedule is rough on everyone, but it has to be killer on the goalie. He spends the whole game on the ice.

With the Sixers schedule and other events, it complicated scheduling.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Bryz has really become a workhorse for this team and he has been a solid #1 so far this season but they need to rest him from time to time!

I fear they overplay him. A goalie needs to stay sharp, rely on his reflexes. Too many games will slow him down and may even make him more injury prone because he may try to compensate lack of sharpness and speed with tear and force.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Bryz had one bad goal today I feel. The first goal is something almost all goalies don't expect (I would feel) (the spin pass back to where the player came from to slam it in the corner of the net). The 3rd goal he had no chance with the redirect. Bryz was definitely big for us though.

Bernie Parent 1974

Sep 29, 2009
he looked shaky a few times today [ala last year]. about 4 times. do not like.

also, if he's gonna say hes exhausted AFTER a game [loss], tell the coach before the game & get rest.

do not like hearing that after a loss.

that said, he saved their bacon many times today. nice to see 5 on the board

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Maybe we should have an NHL capable backup in a shortened season..just an idea :sarcasm:

As somebody said..Bryz is used to being a workhorse but the schedule is pretty brutal...especially the way the league scheduled the Flyers....

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
I hate some of our fans. I have been in an argument with someone who says Bryz is the worst goalie in the league. Some of his points as to why included:

-the forwards on the Flyers are more defensively sound than most teams' defensemen
-the Flyers block a lot of shots and have a lot of hits, so Bryz doesn't see much action
-his contract is high

Am I wrong by telling him that the Flyers don't have a good defensive system and a lot of the goals Bryz has given up this season were due to missed assignments, open shots, etc? I feel crazy here.

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
I hate some of our fans. I have been in an argument with someone who says Bryz is the worst goalie in the league. Some of his points as to why included:

-the forwards on the Flyers are more defensively sound than most teams' defensemen
-the Flyers block a lot of shots and have a lot of hits, so Bryz doesn't see much action
-his contract is high
So basically none of his arguments as to why Bryz is the worst goalie in the league have anything to do with how he's playing? :laugh:

dingbathero

No Jam? How about PB
Jul 14, 2010
St. John's, NL

-his contract is high

Am I wrong by telling him that the Flyers don't have a good defensive system and a lot of the goals Bryz has given up this season were due to missed assignments, open shots, etc? I feel crazy here.

Sounds like a Pejorative Slured Leafs fan.

4thline4life

Jul 12, 2010
The kid seems to think that all the goals being scored on the Flyers are weak.

I've talked to kids my age(22) that thought leighton was brought back to challenge bryz for the starter spot:laugh: there are many misinformed flyers fans, who have just started watching hockey the past few years especially in the young crowd. It doesn't help that the media tries to portray bryz as a horrible goalie on a bad contract.

qalex

Feb 13, 2013
The kid seems to think that all the goals being scored on the Flyers are weak.

He must think every other team in the NHL forgets how to play when they're facing the Flyers. Just ridiculous.

Thanks for the explanation on the schedule. I looked after the last game, and they had 5 games in hand against some teams at that stage, which is insanity. No wonder they're all tired. But I guess the schedulers can only work with what they're given.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad