The All-Purpose Bryz/Goaltending Thread #7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bernie Parent 1974

Sep 29, 2009
"Randy Miller ‏@RandyJMiller

Flyers Lavy said today he wants Bryz carrying heavier workload this season, because he's better when busy. "

Bernie Parent 1974

Sep 29, 2009
no reason he can't have a good year. he won't be surprised by the media coverage. no interference / attention from HBO. he did have a brilliant stretch near the end of last year.

just shut up & stop the puck.

i decide to focus on the positive stretch from last year & root for Bryz to show that same form / something close to it for a majority of the new season.

Bernie Parent 1974

Sep 29, 2009
Like there's a choice with MFL as our backup?

it would appear that the Flyers organization has intentionally made the decision to have a clear cut #1 with a #2 who is not campaigning / aiming to be the #1

so the answer is "no" ..... there is no "choice" to make this year.

it seems the Flyers believe that the #1 should get a heavier workload this year & thats why the backup this year will not have the attitude of the #2 last year

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
it would appear that the Flyers organization has intentionally made the decision to have a clear cut #1 with a #2 who is not campaigning / aiming to be the #1

so the answer is "no" ..... there is no "choice" to make this year.

it seems the Flyers believe that the #1 should get a heavier workload this year & thats why the backup this year will not have the attitude of the #2 last year

What attitude exactly did Bob have?

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Maybe he's alluding to the fact that he was irritated about his backup roll last year and kind of supposedly said he wanted a chance to be a starter when they had the end of season exit interviews. Not sure that is a bad attitude though....he's just highly competitive. I thought he was a pretty good soldier personally and last year showed a number of times a good working attitude coming in cold in games and actually doing pretty good. Meltzer thinks Bob will be a fringe starter most of his career like Nitty...I'm not so sure about that.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
no reason he can't have a good year. he won't be surprised by the media coverage. no interference / attention from HBO. he did have a brilliant stretch near the end of last year.

just shut up & stop the puck.

i decide to focus on the positive stretch from last year & root for Bryz to show that same form / something close to it for a majority of the new season.
i have a reason.

Crap team defense like last year.

Bernie Parent 1974

Sep 29, 2009
What attitude exactly did Bob have?
are you seriously asking ? if so, you did not pay close enough attention last year. how is this news to you ?
he thought he should be competing to be #1. our backup this year will not have that attitude [or if he does, i highly doubt he'll make it public]

Maybe he's alluding to the fact that he was irritated about his backup roll last year and kind of supposedly said he wanted a chance to be a starter when they had the end of season exit interviews. Not sure that is a bad attitude though.
i'm exactly alluding to that. there were no "kind ofs" about it. he stated so publicly & early in the year. It's a great attitude for a 2nd year player.

our backup this year [i think by design] will have no such ambitions [or if he does, i highly doubt he'll make them public.]

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
Still debating whether or not to ignore this thread as I did previous versions. My first thought after the lockout ended was "finally hockey" and second thought "oh shhh, Bryz and MFL".

I hope for the best, but my goaltending expectations are really low.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad