The All Encompassing Tank/Rebuild/Tankers GDT Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
If the leafs get a top five pick this year, it will be the first thing they've gotten right in a long long time!

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON
you know whats funny? horachek was florida's tank commander last year and they got the first overall pick.

history is bound to repeat itself boys. mceichel here we come. :yo:

horachek is the best thing to ever happen to our team.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
you know whats funny? horachek was florida's tank commander last year and they got the first overall pick.

history is bound to repeat itself boys. mceichel here we come. :yo:

horachek is the best thing to ever happen to our team.

Why do you think Shanny brought him in as an assistant.
Everything is proceeding as Shanny has forseen. Ah ha ha!

Caesium

Apr 13, 2006
Right now all we have to worry about is this tank being unsustainable. Can the corsi experts chime in here?

Swayze*

Love the anti tank crowd

No we cant tank we have good piecesnetc lol

TML1

Oct 18, 2014
Tanks in full gear. As of now we're drafting 7th and all teams below us have at least 2 extra games. :yo:

Slot

Mar 6, 2012
Love the anti tank crowd

No we cant tank we have good piecesnetc lol

There's an anti tank crowd? I don't like tanking but complete mismanagement has led this team to where it's the only possible way forward.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Oilers are going to win

Since December 17th:
Leafs have accumulated 7 points
Oilers have accumulated 15 points

Who knows, perhaps the Leafs will fall all the way down to #2

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Right now all we have to worry about is this tank being unsustainable. Can the corsi experts chime in here?

After a bump in CF% after Horachek took over, there's virtually no difference between the Leafs under Pete and what it was under Carlyle's final few games.

A PDO-fueled mini-run isn't out of the question either - you would expect the SH% to increase but more importantly the SV% has to return to somewhat respectable levels.

NiL8r87

Jun 30, 2009
It's the Leafs.

They'll make a run and finish 10th. Pissing away all this good "work".

They'll only make a run if we actually trade players and replace them with hungry Marlies. It'll be Boyd Devereaux part 2.

We shouldn't trade anybody this year. Let this exact group continue to fail miserably.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Strome or Marner please and thank you.

Strome - 6'3 centre, currently projecting at better point totals than Hall, Seguin, RNH, Johansen, MacKinnon, etc had in their respective draft years.

Imagine adding that to Rielly, Nylander, JVR, Kadri, Bernier, Percy, etc. Plus trade returns from Kessel/Phaneuf/Bozak/Franson/Santorelli/Winnik/Reimer/etc, plus the capspace we'd have to surround those young guys with some half-decent UFAs.

We're in a position right now where we could realistically land a guy like Strome. Still a little unlikely, but not overly so. Id have some hope/faith in this organization for the first time in a long long time if we could pull off the above.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Don't wanna get too excited, but we could be on our way to drafting our #1 centre! tanktanktanktank

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
Anything will be good, but McDavid would be amazing.

Can you imagine having a torn born super star in Toronto for that long.

McDavid is a great, Strome is realistic! He is also from Mississauga btw, and is a leaf fan!

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
If we are indeed turning the corner into a build by the draft organization.

Hunter becomes the most important figure in the Leafs organization. I hope he is as good as they advertised.

We will see. For now, I will adopt a wait and see approach. But I endorse a new set of eyes on our drafting.

I don't think we have had the best results or direction the past couple of years. More picks would help.

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
Anything will be good, but McDavid would be amazing.

Can you imagine having a torn born super star in Toronto for that long.

If by some miracle the Leafs got McDavid then this whole rotten core needs to be cut out before they ruin the kid with their gutlessness.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Dylan Strome looks like a great pick in this range. Just have to keep dropping points and put us in a position to make the best pick/highest lottery percentages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad