The All Encompassing Tank/Rebuild/Tankers GDT Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

threeGo

Oct 18, 2011
Toronto
If we haven't traded him before trade deadline might as well see how McEichel and Kessel work out. But if this team plans to do a full rebuild then we should trade him. Hopefully they are tanking this season to get McDavid or Eichel and try and do a one year bounce back like Philly did a few years ago. We have the pieces to be a good team but this core can't wait 3-6 years if we rebuild. I just really want to move Phaneuf this year and free up cap space.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Carlyle must be P***ed drunk watching this.

Under Horachek 1-9, 16 goals in 10 games. Small sample? It's a telling sample. It's a brutal team right now under Horachek, more than it ever was under Carlyle.

Sonny21

Registerd User
Oct 3, 2009
Shanahan seems to think that the guy who was part of building this core is capable of selling it.

How Nonis isn't fired yet is outrageous.

That's what I don't get which I said from day one, how does Shanny expect Nonis to admit that his a terrible GM????

At this point, I don't think Shanny knows any better that Nonis isn't a good GM, I'm starting to believe.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Stop tanking so hard the Oilers have been at this for years you'll never catch us. Seriously though you guys are starting to scare me.

ChillyPalmer

Apr 9, 2012
Antarctica
I think we should all be thankful for the way this team fell apart. Imagine somehow we sustained the pace at the start of the year, this same flawed team would be given another chance for a few seasons.

I see this season as a step closer to the stanley cup. This core will be removed, and new players under Shanahan's vision will be brought in. I think Shanahan will like players with a similar style to his, and that is exactly what this team needs. CHARACTER guys.

**** character.

Bolland
Robidas
Clarkson
Gleason
Polak

No more character.

More skill please.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
For people who missed it:

this is something that I would be interested in. before (when we were like just bad) you could argue that Arizona wins/rigged the draft lottery, because it saves them. But now with the Leafs - who very, very easily, can slide to 4-5 .

how do you think the balls falls

1: Arizona: an argument you save the Franchise in Arizona, they need it. Bettman's bet.
2: Buffalo : who basically decided to show the league how to tank spectacularly.
3: Toronto: it gives the franchise a generational talent, spark a fanbase, and let's be honest - what better way to sell a rebuild (and create a reason for people 'not to give up') giving them the BEST player (and the financial sugar daddy is set up for the league and PA)

If Toronto wins: EVERYONE wins.
Toronto gets McDavid.
Buffalo Gets their generational talent (Eichel)
Edmonton Wins because they get their stud defensman (Hanifin)
Arizona gets the best centre talent if not for McEichel (Strome)

it's a total win-win-win-win.
what's your conspiracy theory?

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Its happening were going to finally get a number 1 center, along with kadri, and nylander, pkus gotta sell kessel and phaneuf for top pairng young dman and good picks and propspect, rielly and garnder are keepers, leafs tanking at the right time for once

CalgaryLeaf*

Don't look now----- but the Leafs could be a contender for Mcdavid. Carolina has 3 games in hand on the Leafs and are only 9 points 'ahead' of them in the tank standings.A month ago I would have laughed at the possibility,but now the lottery odds are getting better and better...Hey now! :yo:

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I guess this is all that matters right now to be a Leafs fan. Dive as low as possible and pick as high as possible.

I'm a build by the draft guy. If we stink, may as well pick as high as we can go.

member 147413

I also find it odd that Nonis is in charge of the "selling" he brought most of the guys in with Burkie and signed the terrible deals. If we want change shouldn't it start with someone who's a better talent/personnel evaluator?

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
I'm amazed that none of these guys have gone to their agents and asked them to go to Nonis and demand to gtfo of this mess

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Horachek has the boys playing some great hockey.:sarcasm::sarcasm:

8 straight losses and 3 of a possible 20 points since taking over.

Carlyle had the Leafs in a playoff spot with 45 points in 40 games.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
I think as Leaf fans, we aren't asking for anything unrealistic here.

Just be in that lottery. Is that possible? 5th overall IS possible!

Management should be helping this along. Think big big picture for once!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia