The 2022 NHL Draft Thread v4 (Coyotes have #3 pick)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
I wouldn’t give up anything extra to take Wright over Slafkovsky
You mean Cooley. Devils are picking slaf. They have two 1OA Cs and the devils board has pretty much embraced picking slaf. So it's either Cooley or maybe nemec for the coyotes

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I see some speculators on the prospects board guessing that Russians might drop from the 1st round. Makes me salivate.

3 - Cooley
27 - Yurov
31 - Mintyukov
34 - Trikozov

then some RD like Rinzel, Luneau, Salomonsson, Lamoureux, Warren or whoever is available in the 2nd.

Lol. If we somehow -- by a weird crazy vortex the earth got sucked into or otherwise -- walked away from the draft with the top 5 picks being Cooley, Yurov, Mintyukov, Trikozov, and Rinzel, I'll be shitting rainbows and unicorns.

Any one of those latter 4 picks are guys that have a legitimate chance to go in the top 10-15 range.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Canes pick is locked in at 27 OV.

Could you really have expected anything different? No way they were winning anything when their $6.1M golden child Kotkaniemi put up a whopping zero goals + 2 secondary assists in the playoffs.

It's funny watching Canes fans on the main board trying to justify JK's performance these playoffs saying "the plan was to never play him anywhere other than the 4th line this season". LOL. Sounds like a real reciple for success. :laugh:

Reactions: Jakey53

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Lol. If we somehow -- by a weird crazy vortex the earth got sucked into or otherwise -- walked away from the draft with the top 5 picks being Cooley, Yurov, Mintyukov, Trikozov, and Rinzel, I'll be shitting rainbows and unicorns.

Any one of those latter 4 picks are guys that have a legitimate chance to go in the top 10-15 range.
The Russian factor has been strong in some past years. It could reasonably be stronger than ever in this draft.
I wonder if Bill had the insane luck of having Yurov or Mintyukov available at 27 OA, if he would actually go for it.

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
Several writeups on Cooley say he is the best 2-way player in the draft....I thought that was Wright's calling card and the reason he's been given the #1 ranking despite not being an offensive powerhouse?

Reactions: gorsk11

sundance74

Oct 13, 2013
North of Puszta
The Russian factor has been strong in some past years. It could reasonably be stronger than ever in this draft.
I wonder if Bill had the insane luck of having Yurov or Mintyukov available at 27 OA, if he would actually go for it.
I have my doubts about the availability of Russian players in near future. But one pick of our bunch starting with #27 is worth the risk

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Could you really have expected anything different? No way they were winning anything when their $6.1M golden child Kotkaniemi put up a whopping zero goals + 2 secondary assists in the playoffs. It's funny watching Canes fans on the main board trying to justify JK's performance these playoffs saying "the plan was to never play him anywhere other than the 4th line this season". LOL. Sounds like a real reciple for success. :laugh:
Could you really have expected anything different? No way they were winning anything when their $6.1M golden child Kotkaniemi put up a whopping zero goals + 2 secondary assists in the playoffs.

It's funny watching Canes fans on the main board trying to justify JK's performance these playoffs saying "the plan was to never play him anywhere other than the 4th line this season". LOL. Sounds like a real reciple for success. :laugh:
i think we were all hoping for a pick in the 11-20 range but didn’t anticipate the epic failure of a season thatvthe Habs unintentionally had. That put Carolina pick in play and I’m extremely happy its not in the 30’s. That being said i have guys in that 25-30 range that i like just as much as the guys in that 15-20 range. We benefit from the depth of this draft with this pick.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada

Several teams are going to be salivating over these players. Sure, if you're picking in the top 10-12 picks and you can choose between Korchinski and Mintyukov, then I can understand choosing the former if said team has them ranked similarly. Ditto for Yurov vs. other top 7 or 8 forwards.

But they are not going to slip far. Teams learned their lessons for 2010 & 2011 when Tarasenko, Kuznetsov and Kucherov slipped because of the Russian factor.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Jeff Marek saying Geekie has been the star of the combine so far. Not surprising if you’ve ever watched interviews with his brother. Maybe the funniest guy in the league.

Marek was also saying that Slafkovsky was asked by multiple teams if he would be comfortable playing Center. Haven't I been saying for weeks that every time I watch this player that I don't see any reasons or deficiencies for why he couldn't be a C? :)

We know that Slaf even as a W has to be in consideration for 1st overall, but if MTL is one of those teams who thinks he could be C, that just makes it an easy decision to take him 1st IMO.

IF Slaf did go first, it would be very interesting to see how that may affect NJD's plan of who they may take if they don't trade the pick. Do they take Nemec for example? Are they more inclined to trade the pick if they can't get Slaf to be their big winger? And if a trade were to happen, does that team making the trade choose Cooley or Wright? In other words, if Slaf does go #1, we could be in a situation where either one or even both of Cooley and Wright could be available for us at #3.

Furthermore, if NJD really has their eye on Slaf and he's gone, does that make them more likely to consider a Chychrun trade and we end up with #2 and #3?

Food for thought....

Reactions: Grimes

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Marek was also saying that Slafkovsky was asked by multiple teams if he would be comfortable playing Center. Haven't I been saying for weeks that every time I watch this player that I don't see any reasons or deficiencies for why he couldn't be a C? :)

We know that Slaf even as a W has to be in consideration for 1st overall, but if MTL is one of those teams who thinks he could be C, that just makes it an easy decision to take him 1st IMO.

IF Slaf did go first, it would be very interesting to see how that may affect NJD's plan of who they may take if they don't trade the pick. Do they take Nemec for example? Are they more inclined to trade the pick if they can't get Slaf to be their big winger? And if a trade were to happen, does that team making the trade choose Cooley or Wright? In other words, if Slaf does go #1, we could be in a situation where either one or even both of Cooley and Wright could be available for us at #3.

Furthermore, if NJD really has their eye on Slaf and he's gone, does that make them more likely to consider a Chychrun trade and we end up with #2 and #3?

Food for thought....
Would be pretty slick to end up with Cooley AND Wright - haha!

Reactions: DoanStopBelievin

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

Food for thought....

Would be pretty slick to end up with Cooley AND Wright - haha!
Ok guys, time to stop dreaming.:)

• Haha
Reactions: jmelm

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I have enough of a gap between between Wright and Nemec and between Cooley and Nemec that I'd still just go BPA and take the two C's. Yes, we'd need blueliners. That's what the next six picks are for. Next draft is next draft. Maybe BPA is Benson or Musty or some other winger. Who knows? I'm not banking on Bedard or Fantilli.

Reactions: jmelm

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
It's funny...there are only a few of the Euros who actually look like they lift weights...all of the NTDP guys you can tell work out, except for Seamus Casey who looks soft.

Ty Nelson looks like a pitbull, and a lot of the CHL players don't look like they lift either, or at least are less ripped than the NTDP guys.

Also note, Lambert's head is 3x the size of his body, incredibly awkward look.

• Haha
Reactions: moosemeister
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: