The 2022 NHL Draft Thread v4 (Coyotes have #3 pick)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
It's funny...there are only a few of the Euros who actually look like they lift weights...all of the NTDP guys you can tell work out, except for Seamus Casey who looks soft.

Ty Nelson looks like a pitbull, and a lot of the CHL players don't look like they lift either, or at least are less ripped than the NTDP guys.

Also note, Lambert's head is 3x the size of his body, incredibly awkward look.
Age? Aren't the NTDP guys a bit older on average?

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
This is obviously a joke but imagine a three way trade with Habs, devils and coyotes where:

Arizona: 1OA
Montreal: 2nd and 3rd OA
Devils: Anderson, Flames 1st (2022), Florida 1st (2023), Carolina 1st (2022), Colorado 1st (2022)
We’ll pick Cooley and keep our other 1sts. Thank you.

Reactions: Kai Yo T

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I think Lian Bischel is going to be the combine monster this year.

Did they release a full list of combine attendees for this year? It's usually about 100 players in total most years, and while I assume they'll publish the testing results eventually, I haven't come across a list of players attending.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Did they release a full list of combine attendees for this year? It's usually about 100 players in total most years, and while I assume they'll publish the testing results eventually, I haven't come across a list of players attending.
It's in post #13 of this thread...

Reactions: jmelm

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
He’s a half inch away from nobody caring. I really want to see wingspan.
Does the combine even measure wingspan? Super underrated metric, especially for defenseman imo, probably more important than height

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
They weren’t kidding about Cooley’s wingspan. Holy cow:

He’s only 70.5 inches tall but has a 75.25 wingspan.
Those are some boxer proportions

I wonder how high Cutter Gauthier goes. He had a sick combine, if teams think the skill is there and he projects as a center you'd think he goes pretty high right?

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Cooley’s fitness testing overall was great. Top 25 in the majority of categories. Top 10 in about half of those that he placed. And top two in a couple of the mean anaerobic tests.

I take that to understand that his 180lbs is lean and mean. NTDP had a huge advantage over the CHL in this regard. And going to a top D1 program like Minnesota only means it’s going to improve more.

A 190lb NHL rookie with a 75” wingspan isn’t “small” for the league. Even if he’s 70.5” tall instead of 71” tall.

I’m sold.

Those are some boxer proportions

I wonder how high Cutter Gauthier goes. He had a sick combine, if teams think the skill is there and he projects as a center you'd think he goes pretty high right?
My first thought was boxing, too.

Gauthier is 6th on my list.

Reactions: BlazingBlueAnt

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
So which team will trade with NJ to pick Cooley?

I wanted Gauthier, but I got him going to Philly in my mock.
We did well with Vancouver's pick last year, we should try it again, for Bischel.
I wonder how highly OliverEL feels about Soderstrom? Or if adding the 'Canes 1st with a 2nd enough to move up? Prefer Avs 1st & AZ's 2nd instead! I have us selecting Chesley in my mock @ 27 and would be thrilled with the tank pick, Bischel, & Chesley on the 1st day (that doesn't involve Chychrun). It would be amusing if we used all our respective 2nds in trades to move up in with 1sts and in a Chychrun trade.

Imaravencawcaw

Jul 19, 2018
I'm just short of 6' tall with a 74" winspan and the friends I play basketball with frequently complain about my spaghetti arms cause I get my hands on all sorts of shots and passes. Cooley is an inch shorter than I am with an extra 1.25" wingspan which is crazy to me.

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
So which team will trade with NJ to pick Cooley?
I know there was talk from the Devils being willing to move the pick but wasn't that before the lottery?
I highly doubt they move that pick as Slafkovsky fits their needs. If they do because some team wants Cooley, that team will pay a fortune and we get Slafkovsky. I'm happy with any of the top three. I'm only about 80% confident that Montreal takes Wright. Slafkovsky told the press that his meeting with the Habs was even better than the steak dinner with the Habs. lol
He sounds like a very confident kid.

• Haha
Reactions: moosemeister

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
NHL Central Scouting is so stupid. They’re only posting top 25 results. And as more guys test, other guys drop off. They’re working extra hard to give us less information. So stupid.

I know there was talk from the Devils being willing to move the pick but wasn't that before the lottery?
I highly doubt they move that pick as Slafkovsky fits their needs. If they do because some team wants Cooley, that team will pay a fortune and we get Slafkovsky. I'm happy with any of the top three. I'm only about 80% confident that Montreal takes Wright. Slafkovsky told the press that his meeting with the Habs was even better than the steak dinner with the Habs. lol
He sounds like a very confident kid.
The talk has persisted. Friedman and Marek say it’s still going and they had a meeting to compile a list of players in the nhl theyd be willing to move it for.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Very encouraged by Cooley's measurements and test results. I'm sold too.

Would have been disappointing if he measured below expectations like Kemell did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese